the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Nope i didnt opt for freebies as they were of cheap quality....
On 27th HP india announced an offer-
With any DV4 and DV6 laptop you can get a nokia c2-02 touch and type mobile worth Rs. 3800( or something) by paying Rs. 999 extra....

how did you come to know about this ANNOUNCEMENT . .???

Congrats for the new laptop..

sarthak

In the zone
Nope i didnt opt for freebies as they were of cheap quality....
On 27th HP india announced an offer-
With any DV4 and DV6 laptop you can get a nokia c2-02 touch and type mobile worth Rs. 3800( or something) by paying Rs. 999 extra....

Yup I am getting that mobile too.......don't know the exact details though as my dad's purchasing it and i'm in hostel :sad:
Will have to wait till diwali to get my hands on it

rahul3221

Broken In
Yup I am getting that mobile too.......don't know the exact details though as my dad's purchasing it and i'm in hostel :sad:
Will have to wait till diwali to get my hands on it
Welcome to the club.... :D

how did you come to know about this ANNOUNCEMENT . .???

Congrats for the new laptop..

thanks..!!!
i contacted HP customer care yesterday before buying my laptop.....
and also when i was at HP world buying it......they told me the same.....

CloudS

Broken In
I was concerned about the heat issue of the dv6, so I was looking at other options too along with the HP.
I found that 550m is slightly slower than 6770m, how much slower, enough to make a difference?
In my thread, I got a reply stating that the Lenovo has a massive cooling system. Is that true? I am getting the 550m with i5, Ideapad. Should I consider it, whats your views?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I was concerned about the heat issue of the dv6, so I was looking at other options too along with the HP.
I found that 550m is slightly slower than 6770m, how much slower, enough to make a difference?
In my thread, I got a reply stating that the Lenovo has a massive cooling system. Is that true? I am getting the 550m with i5, Ideapad. Should I consider it, whats your views?

6770m should give you ~35 fps extra. Add ~2-3 fps for i7 in some games

enkay3987

Broken In
A couple of questions :-

1. I think 1 of the shops here still has 6017tx in stock. From what i see is the only diff between 6021 and 6017 is 1GB extra on graphics card(useless from what i have researched and read on this thread) and 140GB extra HDD space for 2k more which i don't think is worth it. Does anyone know of any other diff between the two... i'm inclined towards buying 6017.

2. Does anyone know if there would be any scheme coming up on this laptop during diwali and if yes then what could it be.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
In what areas will the i7 prove beneficial than i5?

Is the dv6 heat during gaming controllable using a cool pad?

You can simply control the heat by setting Max CPU to 60-70% and play without cooling pad or AC. Using these settings I could play COD black ops with maximum temps ~ 65 degrees.

i7 or i5 matters the most in CPU intensive tasks like Video conversions where CPU load is 100%

1. I think 1 of the shops here still has 6017tx in stock. From what i see is the only diff between 6021 and 6017 is 1GB extra on graphics card(useless from what i have researched and read on this thread) and 140GB extra HDD space for 2k more which i don't think is worth it. Does anyone know of any other diff between the two... i'm inclined towards buying 6017.

2. Does anyone know if there would be any scheme coming up on this laptop during diwali and if yes then what could it be.

6017tx has not got automatic switching. So you have to switch gfx before playing games. For me it has become a habit now:smile:

sarthak

In the zone

If you don't want the extra 1GB on graphic card go for 6140tx. HP has an offer currently on its DV6 laptops in which it is giving a nokia c2 02 for 999. Also as the dollar has jumped, prices would soon rise. From what I have heard, Dell has already increased their prices.

Top Bottom