the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rahul3221

Broken In
Finally, proud owner of DV6-6121tx....
bought it from HP world for 55k...
i tried hard to bargain but of no use....
now going to update my amd drivers and BIOS...
will buy the 4gb ram suggested by aniket and cooler master notepal U2 today itself from ebay and flipkart respectively.....
happy gaming guys....:cloud9:

kaz

right here
just bought a dv6-6015tx @40000/- without any freebies for my friend......

just wanted to know how to switch from performance mode to coolest mode?

n i find the trackpad less responsive..its hard to scroll n also requires more clicks to open while tapping through the trackpad..

the salesperson said that neither we can create more partitions nor we can install linux.. i know he was mad..

n friends how r u getting dv6-6121tx @53k
i couldn't find any cheaper deal than 55.5k :(

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
After installation, ubuntu will automatically ask to activate unity (as the system hardware supports it). In older systems, that option won't come at all.

rahul3221

Broken In
Getting 20 fps for bulletstorm on my new 6121 which should probably give me minimum 40-50..... :(
i can't update my ccc drivers to latest 11.8 as it says "this software is incompatible to your hardware/software"
i tried updating my driver before my bios update but it was not installing...
then i updated my bios first and now when trying to update ccc, this message is again and again popping in front of me.....:-x
what to do now???

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
To all who formatted and installed Win 7 again:

I'm downloading a legitimate retail iso for Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit from MS partner digitalriver. Now, shall I go ahead and install it with the key provided on the back of the laptop or should I update the cfg file as mentioned in many sites?
Are there any other steps needed other than these?

I've backed up the recovery partition to 3 dvds. Will create an iso from the dvds and keep them as backup, just in case. I don't like the recovery partition and another one unnecessary partition showing up in explorer.

I had dragged the Coolsense icon to the desktop and then deleted it accidentally. Now, I'm not able to find where its installed. Tried searching the setup in the SWSetup folder, but its not there. Its also not listed in the download sections in HP sites. Please help. :(

CloudS

Broken In
Finally, proud owner of DV6-6121tx....
bought it from HP world for 55k...
i tried hard to bargain but of no use....
now going to update my amd drivers and BIOS...
will buy the 4gb ram suggested by aniket and cooler master notepal U2 today itself from ebay and flipkart respectively.....
happy gaming guys....:cloud9:

Did you get any freebies with that and do share your review of U2 after you try it :)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Getting 20 fps for bulletstorm on my new 6121 which should probably give me minimum 40-50..... :(
i can't update my ccc drivers to latest 11.8 as it says "this software is incompatible to your hardware/software"
i tried updating my driver before my bios update but it was not installing...
then i updated my bios first and now when trying to update ccc, this message is again and again popping in front of me.....:-x
what to do now???

6770m should storm Bulletstorm without driver updates too. Remove current CCC then try installing. AMD driver update utility does not work over stock HP drivers sometimes. And run in Admin mode

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
@luckystar Download HP support Assistant and see coolsense appear magically
Wow! that fixed it. Installed support assistant from SWSetup folder and Cool Sense has come back, great :) Thanx, bro!
index your files and do a general search
I did a full search with all possible keywords.. but couldn't find any. Just found out that its named as HPThermalAssistant.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPThermalAssistant folder.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
The release notes for CCC 11.9 doesn't list 6700 series in the supported cards. Moreover
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:

Any notebook launched after this driver release
Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel® chipsets.

rahul3221

Broken In
Did you get any freebies with that and do share your review of U2 after you try it :)

Nope i didnt opt for freebies as they were of cheap quality....
On 27th HP india announced an offer-
With any DV4 and DV6 laptop you can get a nokia c2-02 touch and type mobile worth Rs. 3800( or something) by paying Rs. 999 extra....

Bought Corsair 4gb ram for 1500 from ebay

And about U2.....i am still confused whether to go for U2 or X2....any suggestions??

6770m should storm Bulletstorm without driver updates too. Remove current CCC then try installing. AMD driver update utility does not work over stock HP drivers sometimes. And run in Admin mode
Installed it...i was actually installing it in express mode.
I tried installing in custom mode and VOILA..!!! Now using 11.9ccc (latest)

About FPS and Lagging-
I turned off all unnecessary programs, installed gamebooster 3.0, changed to high performance GPU, but i am still getting 20-25 fps in Bulletstorm @native resolution & highest setting.

Getting 25-30 fps for Crysis 2 @hardcore setting and native resolution, is it all alright ?? or should i be getting more??

@all- still confused between notepal U2 and X2 cooling pads...which one would be better?

aniket.cain

Padawan
About FPS and Lagging-
I turned off all unnecessary programs, installed gamebooster 3.0, changed to high performance GPU, but i am still getting 20-25 fps in Bulletstorm @native resolution & highest setting.

Getting 25-30 fps for Crysis 2 @hardcore setting and native resolution, is it all alright ?? or should i be getting more??

@all- still confused between notepal U2 and X2 cooling pads...which one would be better?

You framerates are consisent with mine. Bulletstorm at maximum settings gives only 20-25. Seems that the game is not much optimised. Can anybody else who has played the game on this laptop confirm this?

rahul3221

Broken In
Cooler Master Ergostand
thanks for the advice mate.....i checked up its reviews and to my surprise cudn't find 1 negative review....
ordered it immediately thru flipkart...

You framerates are consisent with mine. Bulletstorm at maximum settings gives only 20-25. Seems that the game is not much optimised. Can anybody else who has played the game on this laptop confirm this?

phew..!! thot i was doing something wrong.......
thnks fr the reply bro......if anyone has tried Bulletstorm please do share their experience.....

Top Bottom