the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
Aniket and prashant, guys, can you tell me, if the laptops you have, have got those eight rubber screw covers on the screen bezel. 'Cause then it'll be easy as i'll have to follow the steps mentioned in the second link posted by aniket.

Aniket and prashant, guys, can you tell me, if the laptops you have, have got those eight rubber screw covers on the screen bezel. 'Cause then it'll be easy as i'll have to follow the steps mentioned in the second link posted by aniket.

it is highly recommended that you dont do this. . ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Prongs298

In the zone
it is highly recommended that you dont do this. . ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

but i have no choice ! :(

I mean you dont get better than the 6770m at 50k. Do you?? And i dont think i'll mess it up if a 35 year old mommy could do this (read it in a comment posted on anikets 2nd link). And i dont care about the warranty. I know how to take care of my machines. And for the rest you guys are always here. :)

Anyways i think i can see two rubber screw covers on the sides of both the hinges and the rest of the screen bezel is kept in place by latches, right? There are long linear gaps in the top, left and right areas of the bezel.

Aniket and prashant can you please confirm this for me??

And thanks again. :D

ron_devon

Broken In
but i have no choice ! :(

I mean you dont get better than the 6770m at 50k. Do you?? And i dont think i'll mess it up if a 35 year old mommy could do this (read it in a comment posted on anikets 2nd link). And i dont care about the warranty. I know how to take care of my machines. And for the rest you guys are always here. :)

Anyways i think i can see two rubber screw covers on the sides of both the hinges and the rest of the screen bezel is kept in place by latches right. There are long linear gaps in the top, left and right areas of the bezel.

Aniket and prashant can you please confirm this for me??

And thanks again. :D

Dude, i seriously think you would have aniket and prashant stand by your side when you do such a thing.:wink:
Don't know why is this issue bugging you to this extent. but surely, most of us wont even dare to do what you're thinking of!
And surely there would be a good story out of this hereafter, most vivacious experiment of this thread :mrgreen:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@Prongs You are right. There are two rubber screws by the side of hinges. BTW go to some HP store. They usually have more than 1 piece. You might find a good screen

Prongs298

In the zone
If i know me, I'll pull this off. This aint such a big thing !

And prashant, my bud, tell me if i was correct about the latches? And, surely, i will first try to get a good screen by checking, but if i dont, i will have to do this. I cant let this laptop go.

CloudS

Broken In
OK, for those who bought from croma or some other store, what goodies did you get or negotiated for, mouse, what else??

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@prongs : Check this official dv6 service manual Manuals for HP Pavilion dv6-6017tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

OK, for those who bought from croma or some other store, what goodies did you get or negotiated for, mouse, what else??

I got a mouse (logitech), a headphone (HP) and a 4gb pen drive

rahul3221

Broken In
been following this thread for 10 days & finally reached the latest post
:mrgreen:
Going to buy 6121tx on 28th..(coz of pitr-paksh cant buy till 27th)
what is the current price tag fr this awesome machine?? and how much can i negotiate with the dealer here in lucknow,UP???

CloudS

Broken In
Just read post by some people saying, the dv6 has "bad" cooling system. Any word on this by its current users here?

Also, where are you guys getting the 6140 at 48K? Just asked Croma and he quoted 52K.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Just read post by some people saying, the dv6 has "bad" cooling system. Any word on this by its current users here?

Also, where are you guys getting the 6140 at 48K? Just asked Croma and he quoted 52K.

Runs cooler than macbook air. Same as Dell XPS. While gaming temps are 60-70. peaks at 75

themohit

Broken In
HP Communities - Ask the Nerd: Know Your Graphic Limits - HP Communities
so this is the link hp india posted on their fb page , may help you to cool down your laptop by some degrees but again if we can't play on full graphics potential then why they pack their laptops with such good graphics laptop that it can't handle though good article may help your laptop to increase it's life

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
HP Communities - Ask the Nerd: Know Your Graphic Limits - HP Communities
so this is the link hp india posted on their fb page , may help you to cool down your laptop by some degrees but again if we can't play on full graphics potential then why they pack their laptops with such good graphics laptop that it can't handle though good article may help your laptop to increase it's life
It says
[The advice and solutions provided here – and in the forums – are tips from individuals trying to help, not an official line from HP.]
IMO that article means that you shouldn't play 24x7. 1 - 2 hrs is OK.
And I can't find it on FB page.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I want to ask a question, My college is in orissa where there is very high humidity at this time of year. Temperatures have not been a problem for me. Will it be advisable to use cooling pad there as it will push humid air inside the chassis??

Top Bottom