the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

dreamweaver.sd

Right off the assembly line
Guys I would like to thank thank everyone who responded to my over heating issue I must tell that my over heating issue has been solved and temperatures now never cross 69 degrees. Thank you once again.

I Have another issue i don't get enough FPS in games.
I mean i do get playable FPS but not like other people on this forum having same machine and configuration as mine.

On highest settings i Hardly get 27 FPS in ASSASSIN's CREED: BROTHERHOOD

I have already update the bios and the graphic card drivers (catalyst 11.8) still everything is just the same.
HELP ME OUT GUYS PLEASE...

saddy

Broken In
Guys I would like to thank thank everyone who responded to my over heating issue I must tell that my over heating issue has been solved and temperatures now never cross 69 degrees. Thank you once again.

I mean i do get playable FPS but not like other people on this forum having same machine and configuration as mine.

I have already update the bios and the graphic card drivers (catalyst 11.8) still everything is just the same.

make sure u have selected high performance in power setting mode and disable Norton antivirus and put it on silent mode so that it suspends all background task while gaming.after u have finished with the game enable it again.i also faced this low fps issue in Assassin creed brotherhood but when i selected power mode to high performance my fps raised a lot .
BTW i think u have disabled turbo boost that y ur temp went down.but assassin creed game needs high clock speeds on CPU rather than GPU.that must also be a issue becoz to why u r getting low frames in assassin creed game.not only this game but GTA 4 also favors high CPU clock rather than number or cores in CPU

aniket.cain

Padawan

Have you changed the switching method in the BIOS to 'Fixed mode'? After that choose Performance mode in CCC.

dreamweaver.sd

Have you changed the switching method in the BIOS to 'Fixed mode'? After that choose Performance mode in CCC.

make sure u have selected high performance in power setting mode and disable Norton antivirus and put it on silent mode so that it suspends all background task while gaming.after u have finished with the game enable it again.i also faced this low fps issue in Assassin creed brotherhood but when i selected power mode to high performance my fps raised a lot .
BTW i think u have disabled turbo boost that y ur temp went down.but assassin creed game needs high clock speeds on CPU rather than GPU.that must also be a issue becoz to why u r getting low frames in assassin creed game.not only this game but GTA 4 also favors high CPU clock rather than number or cores in CPU

@Aniket.cain Yes i have already switched to fixed mode in bios and have selected performance mode in CCC.

@Saddy -It doesn't make any noticeable difference.

Guys on max settings i get about 21 FPS in graphics intensive scene.

Also i am getting 17 FPS in Call of Duty:Black Ops with all settings where as I think i should easily get 32 FPS according to a benchmark done by notebookcheck.net for 6770m. [LINK]

Please help me guys....

dreamweaver.sd

This is the screenshot of GPU-z with Assassin's creed brotherhood running in background (minimized).

[IMG]*i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd383/dreamweaverSD/proof.jpg[/IMG]

paw1

Broken In
Hi,

I recently got myself the 6121tx. I connected my 1080p capable monitor(benq e2200HD) to it via VGA cable. I switched to projector only mode, and the resolution jumped up to 1080p.

HOWEVER : The sharpness and the crispness that i used to get on my monitor when it was connected to my desktop was missing. I don't know how else to describe it. The pictures and text and everything just isn't as sharp. I guess you can call it blurry and unclear. Now i don't know what the problem is.

Things i checked and possible reasons i eliminated :

1. My monitor is 1080p capable even through VGA.
2. Monitor does show resolution as 1080p.
3. Cleartype font is on.

Grr at times i hate technology :/

lugia

I am thinking to buy 6140tx, but I am not able to find it on any online portal.I live near kolkata ,can any one tell me where i can find it?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I am thinking to buy 6140tx, but I am not able to find it on any online portal.I live near kolkata ,can any one tell me where i can find it?

HP 6140TX is exclusive to Croma. Not available anywhere else.
I doubt any croma outlet is there at kolkata.
You can go for 6121tx.

I purchased a HP Pavilion DV6 6140Tx...now i need to partition my hard disk...there are four basic partitions...i have googled a lot, but couldnt find a better one....can somebody assist me in this?

amirtaraj

Broken In
You can use Easeus Partition Master Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Which I am using also you can change the size of C: drive too and has good UI

Top Bottom