Flipkart.com: Cooler Master NotePal L1: Cooling Pad
rmp and fan size look pretty good, design and dimensions are also good

rider

as Kratos
@house its nice for 14" laptop
for 6121tx u shud go with cooler master cooling pad U2 [Just ordered]

crazyfreak316

Broken In
there aren't devices fast enough to utilize the full speed of even usb 2.0(480mbps). so i guess we cant know the speed of usb 3.0..u will get 64mbps even in usb 2.0

USB 2 devices hardly go above 20-25MBps. At best you'd get around 30-32 MBps.

My USB 3 WD Passport gives me around 70MBps. On linux with ext4, gives around 80MBps

house?

Broken In
@rider: dude checkout the dimensions, it can easily fit a 17incher...i read some reviews about U2 where they said it has some angle issues, and fans shutting down out of no where..

ok, you know what iam ordering it, something goes haywire they have a replacement policy :-D, ill post a review pics and temperatures after heaving gaming

Machinehead

Broken In
hey pranav

hv u tried uninstalling IDT drivers like anikent cain suggested for our dv4?

Well we have the lansing speakers, dont we??

Any improvements if
plz post...

N 1 more thng headed ur way??

HAve u tried overclocking the 6750 GPU??
at 0.955V speeds upto 800/950 can be achieved without significant rise in temp.
Our GPU runs at stock volt 1.00..

That could bring our GPU at par with a radeon 4850.
Witcher 2 would be flawless if u consider the overclocking..

aniket.cain

Padawan
hey pranav

hv u tried uninstalling IDT drivers like anikent cain suggested for our dv4?

Well we have the lansing speakers, dont we??

Any improvements if
plz post...

N 1 more thng headed ur way??

HAve u tried overclocking the 6750 GPU??
at 0.955V speeds upto 800/950 can be achieved without significant rise in temp.
Our GPU runs at stock volt 1.00..

That could bring our GPU at par with a radeon 4850.
Witcher 2 would be flawless if u consider the overclocking..

Our speakers are good. But that Beats Audio is doing too much post-processing and ruining the audio. It is applicable to the inbuilt speakers as well as any earphone that you plug in. The difference, or rather the improvement, after uninstalling Beats is too obvious to ignore. Still, if you dont like it, you can always install back your IDT drivers from C:\SWSetup\Drivers\Audio.

Machinehead

Broken In
Our speakers are good. But that Beats Audio is doing too much post-processing and ruining the audio. It is applicable to the inbuilt speakers as well as any earphone that you plug in. The difference, or rather the improvement, after uninstalling Beats is too obvious to ignore. Still, if you dont like it, you can always install back your IDT drivers from C:\SWSetup\Drivers\Audio.

i have the lansing speakers with the IDT preinstalled. i dont have the quad speakers as u do in dv6 series. what the heck, i'd give it a try??

Hey aniket can i ask u abt the overclocking capabilites of ur gPU??
UR stock speeds are 725/800 @ 1.00 V. How far have u overclocked ur GPU??

A little help here wud be nice.

aniket.cain

Padawan
i have the lansing speakers with the IDT preinstalled. i dont have the quad speakers as u do in dv6 series. what the heck, i'd give it a try??

Hey aniket can i ask u abt the overclocking capabilites of ur gPU??
UR stock speeds are 725/800 @ 1.00 V. How far have u overclocked ur GPU??

A little help here wud be nice.

I used MSI Afterburner and overclocked it to 850/950. I think it was at 1.05V but I am not sure about this. It was running very stable without overheating and the performance boost was as much as 15-20% in some games, but not all. For eg. Resident Evil 5 went up from 55 fps to 63 fps in Ultra settings. CS:Source scored 176 fps compared to the earlier 153. I dont remember the others.
Games started crashing when I set it to 900/1000, and I didn't try any settings in between.
However, from what I have read online, most people have found 850/950 to be the most stable.

Machinehead

Broken In
I used MSI Afterburner and overclocked it to 850/950. I think it was at 1.05V but I am not sure about this. It was running very stable without overheating and the performance boost was as much as 15-20% in some games, but not all. For eg. Resident Evil 5 went up from 55 fps to 63 fps in Ultra settings. CS:Source scored 176 fps compared to the earlier 153. I dont remember the others.
Games started crashing when I set it to 900/1000, and I didn't try any settings in between.
However, from what I have read online, most people have found 850/950 to be the most stable.

I am using the Sapphire Trixx. IS it any good??
I havent yet overclocked the Gpu though. I just change the fan speed to custom mode while gaming. AT 70%. Well that brings my temp upto 53(max).
Do U think i should be fiddling with the fan settings to much? Coz i think my gpu will fry if sth goes wrong with the fan in the future>>

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I have used Sapphire Trixx to overclock my 6770. Yes, it is simple and good.

I changed the fan speed from default 30% to custom - 100% and I could not see any difference though. I don't think fan speed is changed at all for me.

Machinehead

Broken In
I have used Sapphire Trixx to overclock my 6770. Yes, it is simple and good.

I changed the fan speed from default 30% to custom - 100% and I could not see any difference though. I don't think fan speed is changed at all for me.

u must have turnd on HP coolsense to coolest mode. Disable it and notice the difference.

by the way
how long do u hold a game in the overclocked phase??

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Coolsense was set to Performance optimized mode
I was playing FIFA11, not going to stress this GPU anyway :D
Have played for 1.5 hours.
after 825/950 - got a minor bump from 59-60 fps to 62-63 fps.

sarthaktechgeek

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys I purchased 6121tx in july Awesome machine..
But i m having a problem i recently updated my graphics card driver it was showing in the optional update but after that i m getting lower fps previously i was getting around 60 fps in black ops but now i m getting only 20-22 fps i do not know what to do i even tried to uninstall and reinstall graphics driver but it didn't help..
pls help..

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hey Guys I purchased 6121tx in july Awesome machine..
But i m having a problem i recently updated my graphics card driver it was showing in the optional update but after that i m getting lower fps previously i was getting around 60 fps in black ops but now i m getting only 20-22 fps i do not know what to do i even tried to uninstall and reinstall graphics driver but it didn't help..
pls help..

Have you installed the BIOS update? And are you running it in Performance mode?

saddy

Broken In
has anyone tried latest DEUS EX human revolution game on this 6121tx?how well does it run if anyone could throw some light on this as i heard it having problem on core i5/i7 machines.i tried it on my desktop machine which run it on 1280x1024 with AA and SSAO off.
BTW is there any possibility of making custom resolution say 1600x900 on 6121tx? wats the resolution limit of this machine?

aniket.cain

Padawan
has anyone tried latest DEUS EX human revolution game on this 6121tx?how well does it run if anyone could throw some light on this as i heard it having problem on core i5/i7 machines.i tried it on my desktop machine which run it on 1280x1024 with AA and SSAO off.
BTW is there any possibility of making custom resolution say 1600x900 on 6121tx? wats the resolution limit of this machine?

Like I said before, I have tried Deus Ex Human Revolution and it runs pretty well at all settings maxed. I didn't play it extensively though.

The resolution of this laptop is 1366x768. You can't run games at a higher resolution than this. You'll need to connect an external display to achieve this.

Top Bottom