the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

saddy

Broken In
@ron_devon Recovery is possible only if u have setup files of windows 7 home premium 64 bit but rem to to use ur own key which is on the back sticker of the laptop.That way ur windows will be geniune to u only and u dont have buy another copy of it.I havent tried recovery manager yet.will see if this happens to me too.

guys is this cooling pad good enough for this laptop..my laptopis heatimg too much duing intense gaming(metro 2033)
*techshop.in/store/cooler-master-notepal-infinite-r9nbcinevgp-notebook-cooler-with-port-buy-online-india-p-7585.html?cPath=320_243_288

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Buy Cooler Master NotePal U2 Fan Edition Cooling Pad Silver R9 NBC 8PBK GP at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Has customizable fan location

Your pad is cheaper here Buy Cooler Master NotePal Infinite EVO Cooling Pad R9 NBC INEV GP at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

USe coupon rcomlb1 for additional 15% discount

Also *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...v4-3016tx-help-n-suggestions.html#post1484949

sarathsnair

Journeyman
can u pease clear my doubts ?

1. how can i know which version of catalyst driver is installed ?
2. whenever i switch on wifi button(F11) i got this msg "unable to start Bluetooth stack service"
how can i solve this problem ?
i updated and reinstalled all wifi and bluetooth drivers.

My 6121tx hangs when playing crysis 1 in the reckoning(last part) and the same happens in call of duty modern warfare I. The common thing is that the graphics are of "a ship at sea in night". While playing crysis the ram usage goes to 3.7 gb. I tried to lower the graphics and resolution, so the problem was solved in codmw-I but crysis is still problematic.

Plz help...

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
I just found it that after uninstalling IDT audio drivers and beats audio, the volume increased and sound quality is much better without the stupid beats audio processing...

house?

Broken In
^^^ seriously? is it clear enough ? and you are talking about in ear or speakers ? gotta try this

aniket.cain

Padawan
I just found it that after uninstalling IDT audio drivers and beats audio, the volume increased and sound quality is much better without the stupid beats audio processing...

Yes. I did it a long time ago. Initially I was very very disappointed with the sound I was getting from the speakers as well as after plugging in the headphones. So much so that I totally stopped listening to music on this one. But one day I decided to get rid of the stupid Beats audio, and now I can really enjoy the music.

vishu22

Broken In
RECOVERY PROBLEM

I recently tried to create the Recovery Disk DVDs. But even after giving two shots at it, the wizard only gave me an error whilst the verification of the first disk. So i was stuck there.

So, as I had a friend's 16GB pendrive at hand, I used it for completing the recovery media creation, thinking I'd make an ISO image of the USB drive contents and later use it. But even in doing so, the ISO image I have is a 582MB file, although Recovery uses around 12GB.

I'm really stuck about what to do about this and I seek help. Is there any way/fix by which Recovery Media can be created for a second time or such?
and last query being, is Recovery possible using someone else's Recovery disks who uses a different DV6 model or the same one?

dude if u have made d recovry 1nce then i think u cannot create it ever , i also had that error while d 1st disk was verifying bt i got it right the 2nd tym .. u can also call hp support & u can get the recovery dvdz for free .. bt they will only give it free for just 3 months from purchase of ur lappy ... afterwards they will charge about 1800 rs for that damn recovery discs ....
here is the toll free no. - 1800112267
tell them dat u have dat error & they will courrier those discs....

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
Both speaker and in-ear earphone volume and clarity increased...

The thing is that in order to hear real music all post processing should be disabled...u have to hear the original song and not the one post-processed by beats...

anish6121

Right off the assembly line
guys please suggest me a good cooling pad which actually cools atleast ~5C
i play for like 2-3 hours continuously everyday and my laptop gets quite hot.

@ishu
have u used the coolingpad (the first link)? how is the performance?

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
there aren't devices fast enough to utilize the full speed of even usb 2.0(480mbps). so i guess we cant know the speed of usb 3.0..u will get 64mbps even in usb 2.0

akhilfree

Broken In
I have Iomega ego external hard disk (usb 3), the maximum transfer speed i have seen is around 100 Mbps; on larger files transfer starts around 90 Mbps and drops down to 40 ~ 50 Mbps. Still in comparison to usb 2 it's much better.

Last edited:

akhilfree

Broken In
@dreamweaver.sd

I will suggest you "NOT'' to buy the coolmaster U2, freedom of choosing the placement of fans seems tempting; but even after placing the fans at right spot there is no significant drop in temp.

also, processor of my laptop idles at around 55 c {coolest mode, power saver, intel gpu } . What are temp of yours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom