the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Thanks for the help rider. :)
Pls let me know is it possible that I change the graphics mode to dynamic initially & after updating the CCC to v12.8 can I switch back the mode to fixed.

Will it work fine or will crash the laptop again?

rider

as Kratos
Thanks for the help rider. :)
Pls let me know is it possible that I change the graphics mode to dynamic initially & after updating the CCC to v12.8 can I switch back the mode to fixed.

Will it work fine or will crash the laptop again?
Dynamic mode is for automatic switching developed by hp computers not manual switching (in fixed mode). You have to set high performance and power saving as your required applications. My suggestion is to wait for the new update.

mayank_cr7

Broken In
The wireless adapter keeps on disappearing and reappearing when it wishes to.
How can this be solved.. ???

The ethernet is working fine though.

CloudS

Broken In
I was trying to uninstall ATI graphics card drivers and it removed everything ATI, like Catalyst C C and everything. Now when I try to install drivers from the ATI website, it installs without any error but the card is not shown anywhere in system, device manager. Any ideas?

saajan4

Broken In
guys! games are not running in full screen on my 6165tx....they r not making use of full screen. plz help!
and also my laptop is too slow since purchased! no feel of i7 processor! i reinstalled fresh windows suggested by users here but there no change.. plz help me guys

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Bluetooth driver, Intel utilities and hp support assistant are few softwares that make start up slow. For full screen gaming you will have to change game settings to 16:9 and 1366*768 in display settings

piyus_h

Broken In
i had bad sectors in my hard disk .. so i got it replaced.. i have formatted it all fresh... but now im looking for all the preloaded app from hp like.... beats audio, hp coolsense.. specially these 2..... can sum1 link me to it.... thanks im not using recovery disk.. as i have an iso image of it .. yet not burned it ... i need external download link of these 2 programs

rider

as Kratos
i had bad sectors in my hard disk .. so i got it replaced.. i have formatted it all fresh... but now im looking for all the preloaded app from hp like.... beats audio, hp coolsense.. specially these 2..... can sum1 link me to it.... thanks im not using recovery disk.. as i have an iso image of it .. yet not burned it ... i need external download link of these 2 programs

Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

guys! games are not running in full screen on my 6165tx....they r not making use of full screen. plz help!
and also my laptop is too slow since purchased! no feel of i7 processor! i reinstalled fresh windows suggested by users here but there no change.. plz help me guys

Have you used core-i7 in some other laptop? core-i7 processor doesn't mean that windows will run super lightning fast it means your laptop can handle bigger task in less time. The speed is also depend on disk speed and OS. Your laptop has 5400rpm HDD that is average. I suggest you to plug a SSD for C drive if you care about windows speed.

rider

as Kratos
sorry but i cannot find hp coolsense and beats audio ... in those application list....

Beats Audio: *h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwa...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5173797&sw_lang=

hp Cool Sesnse: *h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-94127-1

piyus_h

Broken In
Beats Audio: IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

hp Cool Sesnse: HP CoolSense Technology - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

well i already have this setup ... the 1st one is just the sound driver... i was looking for the beats interface or say the beats app that came along with the laptop when it was new..... and hp coolsense failed to install... it says some compatible issue.. "installer error" .... :(

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hello everyone!

I finally got my SSD yesterday. A Samsung 830 Series 128GB. Installed it right away in my 6121TX and the system is now blazing fast!

Here is a result from Crystal Mark:
ssd_b.png

well i already have this setup ... the 1st one is just the sound driver... i was looking for the beats interface or say the beats app that came along with the laptop when it was new..... and hp coolsense failed to install... it says some compatible issue.. "installer error" .... :(

Beats Audio is a gimmick. You are better off with the default windows audio drivers. For HP Coolsense, you have to install HP Assistant first.

piyus_h

Broken In
Hello everyone!

I finally got my SSD yesterday. A Samsung 830 Series 128GB. Installed it right away in my 6121TX and the system is now blazing fast!

Here is a result from Crystal Mark:
View attachment 6986

Beats Audio is a gimmick. You are better off with the default windows audio drivers. For HP Coolsense, you have to install HP Assistant first.

thanks bro ... and gratz for ur ssd ;)

aniket.cain

Padawan
Congrats :) Did you install it in place of the hdd or dvd drive ?

Currently replaced with the HDD. Waiting for the caddy to arrive for the drive switching.

Will adding ssd void the warranty?

No. The back cover has no stickers, and you should be allowed to replace the components that you can from there. And you can always replace the HDD back if you want to, before calling the SVC guy.

Top Bottom