the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

rider

as Kratos
"Dude dont even think about using VLC player...guys at HP have said- quote"You void your product off warranty if you use VLC player..reason being it boosts volumes upto 400% more that damages your speaker and thats just the tip of the iceberg, HP will not consider those products under warranty"unquote"

This has to be the most ridiculous/retarded statement I have come across in a long long time.

:mrgreen: If my speakers will get burst through vlc player, I'll simply uninstall the software and its registry etc and tell hp engineer that I don't know anything about vlc or tlc player, change my effing speakers. :mrgreen:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^
Exactly my thoughts!!Or we can even reinstall a fresh windows,just to remove any traces of vlc. :hyper:

what do you mean by svc? What is the price of arctic silver 5 thermal paste and how much cooling last for?

Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 Cooling Compound Paste is for 654 bucks on ebay.in, how is it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My latop is running from 8 am and how many of you guys jealous? :mrgreen:

*img535.imageshack.us/img535/3241/faniz.png

Sorry for the late reply bro.By svc,I meant Service Center. Its an often used term at xbhp forum.Arctic Silver 5 cost me 525bucks from a local it store. With respect to "Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400",I haven't used it before,so can't comment on its performance.
By using Arctic Silver 5 and after cleaning the dust,the laptop idles in between 35'c to 41'c in AC room,and even after hours of gaming,the max temp goes upto 80-81'c.I advise all members having heating issue to try this.

@ Rider
In your screenshot of CPUID hardware monitor,the temps seem pretty low.Are you using it in an ac room??Or is it the coolsense which is working??I also see a 22% wear of your battery,while in my case,it shows 0%.How much battery backup do you get??

rider

as Kratos
^^
Exactly my thoughts!!Or we can even reinstall a fresh windows,just to remove any traces of vlc. :hyper:

Sorry for the late reply bro.By svc,I meant Service Center. Its an often used term at xbhp forum.Arctic Silver 5 cost me 525bucks from a local it store. With respect to "Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400",I haven't used it before,so can't comment on its performance.
By using Arctic Silver 5 and after cleaning the dust,the laptop idles in between 35'c to 41'c in AC room,and even after hours of gaming,the max temp goes upto 80-81'c.I advise all members having heating issue to try this.

@ Rider
In your screenshot of CPUID hardware monitor,the temps seem pretty low.Are you using it in an ac room??Or is it the coolsense which is working??I also see a 22% wear of your battery,while in my case,it shows 0%.How much battery backup do you get??

Yea, it's with coolsense and I took it in a chilly air conditioner room. I'll also try thermal gel when the next time i face any heating problem, I'm satisfied by temp for now. Don't know what battery wear is ?, my laptop is 6 month old and I'm getting 2 hours 40min battery in power mode, intel GPU, coolsense in performance optimized mode, 50% brightness, turned my wifi completely on and not used laptop speakers plug speakers pin on the 3.5mm jack for the PC audio. :|

Last edited:

sarthak

In the zone
"Dude dont even think about using VLC player...guys at HP have said- quote"You void your product off warranty if you use VLC player..reason being it boosts volumes upto 400% more that damages your speaker and thats just the tip of the iceberg, HP will not consider those products under warranty"unquote"

This has to be the most ridiculous/retarded statement I have come across in a long long time.

It might seem ridiculous but its true. My friend had a problem with the speakers of his 4 month old Alienware and the Dell guy who came said that it was because of VLC and its not covered under warranty. Better use K-lite codec pack and run everything in Windows media player, the only drawback on it is that it doesn't run .srt subtitle files.

samudragupta

Youngling
It might seem ridiculous but its true. My friend had a problem with the speakers of his 4 month old Alienware and the Dell guy who came said that it was because of VLC and its not covered under warranty. Better use K-lite codec pack and run everything in Windows media player, the only drawback on it is that it doesn't run .srt subtitle files.
Son of a B***h HP... this is hilarious and outrageous... R.I.P VLC

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)

Dude its just not limited to hp.Although it was started by hp,it has been religiously followed by dell(as mentioned in the post before you) and now even sony has joined the party.My friend's cb35's speaker volume was getting lesser day by day.Initially he had power dvd 11 as the 3rd party player.However to cope up with falling sound levels,he used vlc.But the company today denied him replacement of speakers as they found vlc on his lappy.Despite all explanations that speaker had started malfunctioning much before installatn of vlc,the service centre wrote ''speakers damage due to vlc" and have closed the request :(
He has now mailed to Sony India for further action.

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
Here's one uninstaller(demo version) that will completely uninstall VLC no traces left.

Download Full Uninstall for Windows 7 free - Windows 7 Download

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
A question from my side:My battery adapter gets as hot as the laptop surface when playing games for longer durations.I request other owners to kindly check with their systems and let me know if anything is wrong or is it common.

The surface temp of my adapter after playing games for straight 8 and a half hours was never more than 28' C (measured every hour) That was in non A/C room.

Keep adapter on floor while gaming it might help.

__________________________________________________ ____________
HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx/Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz/AMD Radeon 6770M 2GB DDR5/ 4GB RAM/
SONY Xperia S/Rooted/ Dual boot=Android 4.0+iOS 5
Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro/Rooted Android 2.3.7

I think uninstalling by ccleaner will also do the job.

OK thanks will give it a try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paste this in Google Maps search box: 47.110579,9.227568. Find a green arrow and click street view. Click left twice and up twice. What do you think that is???

HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx/Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz/AMD Radeon 6770M 2GB DDR5/ 4GB RAM/

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you can also revo uninstaller to uninstall VLC. And this is a freeware for home use.

But this is just outrageous o_O Software sound amplification leads to void warranty.Unbelievable. :O

Well there is always another way out. Just uninstall the software before giving the lappy to SC. Problem solved. :)

sad_but_true

Right off the assembly line
can anyone suggest safe gpu overclocking values for my pavilion dv6 6165tx laptop?my present clock speed is 750mhz.please suggest suitable overclocking range for better performance for about 1hour intense gaming.
(N.B.- i donot have any cooling pad)
another thing while charging my lappy, on being fully charged my battery indicator shows two different notifications - sometimes its "fully charged 100%" sometimes its " 99% charged,plugged in,not charging".does someone face the same issue?any possible way to fix this issue??
regards,:razz:

Dude dont even think about using VLC player...guys at HP have said- quote"You void your product off warranty if you use VLC player..reason being it boosts volumes upto 400% more that damages your speaker and thats just the tip of the iceberg, HP will not consider those products under warranty"unquote

Seriously? u believe that?
It doesnt matter bro.... :mrgreen:
Also, i dont think anyone ever use that 400% stuff sound !!! And now its not 400, max is 200 !!

Oops . i dont think that word is allowed here..

can anyone suggest safe gpu overclocking values for my pavilion dv6 6165tx laptop?my present clock speed is 750mhz.please suggest suitable overclocking range for better performance for about 1hour intense gaming.
(N.B.- i donot have any cooling pad)
another thing while charging my lappy, on being fully charged my battery indicator shows two different notifications - sometimes its "fully charged 100%" sometimes its " 99% charged,plugged in,not charging".does someone face the same issue?any possible way to fix this issue??
regards,:razz:

1) dude, these days gpus overclocking isnt worth it !! I believe u must have heard overclocking is a good way to get better performance.. but i dont think u shoud
a) it voids warranty, which is not a big problem.
b) it only gives 4-6 fps charge (ATLEAT FOR ME)
c) my old machine boosted 16 fps, these days new gpu's are like, u know default overclock . LOL :wink:

BUT if u want to overclock, do it with msi( its the easiest one ).. And i will suggest 855 core and 900 memory.. U MIGHT GET GOOD FPS INCREASE RATE

2)when the battery gets a bit old, it shows like this, later it will show like this on 97% then 95% .. . .. ......Then the battery will get bursteddddd ..b:evil:

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
Seriously? u believe that?
It doesnt matter bro.... :mrgreen:
Also, i dont think anyone ever use that 400% stuff sound !!! And now its not 400, max is 200 !!

Doesn't matter bro, what I believe, if these jerks have orchestrated it as a pretense to not deliver what they ought to, there isn't much one can do about it. (Ofcourse you can move to a Consumer Court :wink: )

Paste this in Google Maps search box: 47.110579,9.227568. Find a green arrow and click street view. Click left twice and up twice. What do you think that is???

rider

as Kratos
I am not able to open graphic properties in high performance GPU mode. Whenever i click on that semi white screen appears and then go away.
I also unistall AMD software and then install than again.. also installed BIOS F1B again but still facing the same problem. :cry:

Prongs298

In the zone
I am not able to open graphic properties in high performance GPU mode. Whenever i click on that semi white screen appears and then go away.
I also unistall AMD software and then install than again.. also installed BIOS F1B again but still facing the same problem. :cry:
when you are in high performance mode go to the taskbar and look for the amd icon that is near the clock. change back to intel gfx card from there.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Battery wear is a bios issue it seems. Something related to wrong info sent to the OS. My battery wear went upto 70% and calibration did not help. Then it started dropping. Now at 49.5

Top Bottom