The Hackintosh Thread

Tech&ME

Banned
yes v can , but i tried everything as op written bt no use for me .
last try was I only connected 80 gb fat32 formatted hdd, 4gb ram , AHCI SATA mode, such a waste of time..
maybe my config is not compatible..

Hey! did you BUY that Mac OS DVD ?

Last edited:

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
yeh i hav retail copy , mail u for wt ?

WELL , it almost worked in Virtual box , i was able to boot via kabyl bumby bootloader. it all went good , but wen it says restart ur computer , I ejected dvd /iso , & restarted VM, it gave me an error 0 no boot data found ? any help ?

exact error is " /com.apple.boot.plist ' not found " .

sygeek

Technomancer
yeh i hav retail copy , mail u for wt ?

WELL , it almost worked in Virtual box , i was able to boot via kabyl bumby bootloader. it all went good , but wen it says restart ur computer , I ejected dvd /iso , & restarted VM, it gave me an error 0 no boot data found ? any help ?

exact error is " /com.apple.boot.plist ' not found " .
You need to switch the boot device to the .vdi file and switch the CD/DVD device to empty.

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
well , it worked in vbox , thing was when installation starts there is option customize , so i customized n selected drivers etc. n success in virtual box.
but i dnt want to use in vm i want to use snow leaopard in real , n its not happening , it just boots n gives error, like ur clock speed is not set ,,,sumthing , wht should I do ?i used
kabyl ,empireefi4amd bootloaders, no use ! should i use chameleon bootloader ?

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
If your signature happends to be the rig where u want to install Snow Leopard, then you cant go Vanilla as AMD platforms are not yet officially supported. Also your graphics card might not work, check compatibility osX86 wiki

To install OSX on AMD platform you will have to use Legacy Kernel.
Try this link, might help you out.

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
success installing leopard 10.5.2 , but on desktop it shows only 1024x768 resolution i m not able to play .avi , .mkv either i upgraded vlc , quick time no use .any help ?

mod edit: reference removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech&ME

Banned
@nvrmndryo

nice!

1. First upgrade to "10.5.8 combo update" download it from Apple.com ( this will break your OS X so be careful )

2. Forget vlc. ( you installed it huh ? from where ? It is only for INTEL based PC )

3. Download codecs and everything will play!!

Between, where is the screenshot /camera shot, would you mind sharing with us ?

You say you updated Qtime ? are you sure ? (It breaks the installation)

Last edited:

nvrmndryo

Mr.Awesome
there is vlc for mac ., n yeh i've updatetd qtime , n since then it start givin errors ! yeh i wil upload images soon , thnx

** vlc is not playing anything looks like just dumb player in there !

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
As I said earlier, VLC for mac is only for INTEL based Mac. Since you have installed Mac OS X on a AMD , VLC will not run properly. (in fact, it should have not installed, but don't know how you managed to instal it. )

Just dump VLC and use the default program to watch movies. You can use the default media centre -- Front Row to watch your movies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It shouldn't really matter actually. Intel is using AMD's amd64 architecture in all of their processors. So, it will install.

It must be a case of VLC/OS X using some instruction sets which are not supported by your processor?

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
No ICO

It matters,, because he is not on a real mac. Its a hackintosh!!

Also, any update to hackintosh breaks the installation if RESTART is required after any such software update.

Software updates which doesnot require a RESTART works fine though.

Besides, Front Row uses Qtime to play movies / etc. And I find it much better then using Qtime. (Very Easy to use. Just press Control + Esc keys to launch it.
Put all your movies in the Movies folder in your HOME directory.)

And to play all .mkv and other format files on your Mac just install the FREE Perian !!

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
^^
As I said earlier, VLC for mac is only for INTEL based Mac. Since you have installed Mac OS X on a AMD , VLC will not run properly. (in fact, it should have not installed, but don't know how you managed to instal it. )

Just dump VLC and use the default program to watch movies. You can use the default media centre -- Front Row to watch your movies.

Nope.. its not like that.. I installed Mac a long time ago & I managed to run all the apps on it.. even VMWare Fusion which will NOT install on AMD systems.. that's for sure.. Get MPlayer for Mac if VLC is not working..

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
1. Lion is not available as a standalone version (DVD).

2. It is only available as a UPGRADE version which you can pay and download from support.apple.com

3. The paid version which you download can be installed on a Hackintosh Snow Leopard.

4. Don't know, if Apple will release the retail version of Lion or not. But I hope they will.

5. Minimum requirement to install Lion Upgrade is Snow Leopard.

6. Some magazine this month has a detailed article on installing Hackintosh Lion (I am still to grab the copy of this magazine )

superboysahil

Broken In
I have tried hackintosh before on my Dell XPS 16.. but in vain.. although vmware works but doesn't deliver that much power.. I need a final answer.. can it be done on XPS 16?? or shd i just give up hope..??

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-6119tx laptop. Its configuration is as follows:

Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
640 GB SATA HDD
AMD Radeon HD 6490M (1 GB GDDR5)
Intel HM65 Chipset

Please tell me whether Snow Leopard and Lion are supported.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
For Lion You First Need To Install Snow Leopard and Then Upgrade To Lion ...Remember Google Is Your Friend For Installation Tutorials Go To *tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

And *tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

For Lion You First Need To Install Snow Leopard and Then Upgrade To Lion ...Remember Google Is Your Friend For Installation Tutorials Go To *tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

And *tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

I Have 100% Working Hackintosh Dual Booting On The Following Config

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Component | Make | Working Yes/No Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|Yes
Motherboard |MSI Z68A GD65 B3|Yes
RAM |G-skill Ripjaw X 4GBXL|Yes
HDD 2 X Segate Baracuda 1tb|Yes
DVD Writer Sony 24 x SATA DVD|Yes
Case + PSU Coolermaster Elite 430 + Corsair CX600 V2|Yes
Monitor |Dell IN2020|Yes
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|Yes
Speakers |Creative SBS A335|Yes

There Would Be Problem With The Internet and Sound But It Works After Some Kext.

Upgrading to Lion This Sunday :hyper: :apple:

Top Bottom