The Hackintosh Thread

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Can anyone give me a step by step guide to installing MAC OS X on dell inspiron?
I want a tri-boot setup - MAC OS X 10.6.7, Windows XP Pro, Linux Ubuntu 12.04.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
You can dual boot mac os Lion and windows 7 for now....
I tried Ubuntu but it doesn't work with chameleon bootloader very well....

Head Over To Here For More Help Link Here

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
No, not interested in lion or win 7. Ubuntu is optional. But i need snow leopard and win xp.

For Snow Leopard You Need Two Things a SSE 3 Processor and a Snow leopard retail install dvd.... then for dual boot you gona need a xp disk.....
Install Snow leopard on one partition and then xp on another....then again boot from iBoot and install the boot loader and your dual boot machine would be ready in no time....

How To Install Snow Leopard on PC Link Here

I have hp pavilion dv6-6165tx and I want to install mac lion OX on it at any cost please help!

For OS X Lion there are two methods ....
One From Upgrading from OS X Snow Leopard to OS X Lion Using Xmove Method and the Other is to install OS X lion Directly using a thumb drive or Unibeast Method ...

First one is lengthy as you need to install OS X Snow leopard from scrach to your PC and then install Lion ...

Second One Is Fast but you need a friend or any other mac Running A MAC OS X lion so that you can create a boot able lion Drive....

For OS X Snow Leopard Heard Over Here

For Upgrading to Lion Head Over Here

For Using The Unibeast or Thumbdrive Method Head Over Here

aaruni

The Linux Guy
For Snow Leopard You Need Two Things a SSE 3 Processor and a Snow leopard retail install dvd.... then for dual boot you gona need a xp disk.....
Install Snow leopard on one partition and then xp on another....then again boot from iBoot and install the boot loader and your dual boot machine would be ready in no time....

How To Install Snow Leopard on PC Link Here

The article says to make another partition using disk utility. Wouldn't it be better if we just used BootCamp?

AVT

Clueless Noob
Just wanted to ask, is apple os usb stick available anywhere in Delhi, right now. I live 200 Km away from NCR region and I have had my friend ask in few shops that sell apple hardware (ipads, iphones) but they don't have it with them.

Its pretty cheap (70$) and its kinda essential before thinking about hackintosh, right ?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I dont know if this topic is already posted in this thread, if posted please give the link here.

I want to install mac osx in Virtual Machine. I know , I can download the mac os x pre installed vmware file(4.5 GB) , but I only want the customized vmware file (or guide to customized of my own)for mac osx . Can someone please help.

Hrishi

I have a query.
If its allowed and legal ,then I would be pleased if someone answers this for me.

Can HP pavillion Dm1 4003au run MAC OS ?
The configuration is :
1.65Ghz Dual core Amd E-450 APU , 1MB L2 Cache.(512x2).
Ati Raedon 6120 Descrete class GFX ,384mb.
2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Ram.
5400RPM 320Gb SATA HDD.

There is no DVD Drive in Dm1.So ,I would like to boot using USB.

If yes , please let me know so the money I am willing to spend on MAC OS X , won't go in vain.

Also I have a desktop having the following configuration :
2.2Ghz C2D E4500 with 2Mb L2 Cache.
Intel DG41RQ MB,
2GB DDR2 RAM 800Mhz,
7200RPM HDD SATA with 64MB cache.
Nvidia Geforce 8400GS 512Mb DDr3.
----------------------------------------------
Apart from these I already have Backtrack5 ,Windows 8 , Windows 7 and Windows Xp , running on the Laptop.
So I was wondering , if Its possible to install MAC alongside.
Sorry for too many questions.

Thanks,
Rishi.

Last edited:

Jarvis143

Right off the assembly line
I have an msi h61M-P20 motherboard with core i3-2120 processor,
8gb ddr3 ram, 2gb NVidia GeForce gt520, 1TB WD HDD, 18" LED monitor
and 1800 Rs. will I be able to use MAC OS or not ?

dabster

In the zone
any AMD apu based desktop/laptop tried with snow leopard ? Apple had tried amd in their trials so expecting apu would be supported. Looking for buying a laptop which supports mac os x also. Any thoughts ?

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I want to Dual Boot with two seperate hard drives(1TB and 2TB) on my FX8120. My primary OS would be Windows 7 and Mac OSX Lion would be secondary. Please guide me with the workflow that I should follow, I know how to install OSX on my machine but have no idea how to efficiently dual boot. Please help.

Tech&ME

Banned
Its easy.

Since you are installing Windows and Mac on separate hard drives it makes in even more easier.

Just go to BIOS and set your Mac Installed HDD as primary boot hard disk.

When you start your computer the Chemeleon will load the boot screen with the process bar, just press any key and it will display your windows hdd as WinNTFS , just select it and you will boot into windows.

Cheers !

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Its easy.

Since you are installing Windows and Mac on separate hard drives it makes in even more easier.

When you start your computer the Chemeleon will load the boot screen with the process bar, just press any key and it will display your windows hdd as WinNTFS , just select it and you will boot into windows.

Cheers !

That seems simple will definitely try that. But some unexpected stuff just happened, I installed Mac OSX Lion(Niresh one) on my cousin's Phenom 2 X6 1075t and it works fine but when I installed the same on my FX8120 today, after installation when I boot my system it gives me a message "Can't find mach_kernel". It showed me that the installation was successful and now this.Please tell me what went wrong!

Its easy.

Cheers !

All right succeeded in installing LION on my PC but now there's another issue. I followed your instructions with BIOS and as a matter of fact it works but till the point when I get a BSOD while booting my Windows 7. Just as I select WinNTFS it starts loading my Wndows 7 but suddenly a BSOD appears and it happens again and again. Please guide.

Tech&ME

Banned
How many partitions do you have ?

You should name your windows 7 volume something like WinSeven

In the chameleon boot screen you should see this WinSeven listed, don't select it, select the other windowsNTFS to boot to windows 7.

Windows 7 creates a 100MB partition on your Windows HDD automatically and you must select this partition to boot to windows 7 and not your WinSeven partition.

Also, do you get BSOD when you boot directly from the Windows HDD ?

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
How many partitions do you have ?

You should name your windows 7 volume something like WinSeven

In the chameleon boot screen you should see this WinSeven listed, don't select it, select the other windowsNTFS to boot to windows 7.

Windows 7 creates a 100MB partition on your Windows HDD automatically and you must select this partition to boot to windows 7 and not your WinSeven partition.

Also, do you get BSOD when you boot directly from the Windows HDD ?

I've two separate hard drives for both the OSes, for OSx its a single partition 1TB drive and for windows its a 2TB Drive with four partitions. And I don't get BSOD on reseting BIOS to defaults and booting directly from Windows drive.

havoknation

Journeyman
I dont have Apple environment but I want to try it on my system. My basic question is how to get Mountail Lion.
PS : I dont have apple ID. Please advise. I heard that it cost around 20$ only.

Tech&ME

Banned
I dont have Apple environment but I want to try it on my system. My basic question is how to get Mountail Lion.
PS : I dont have apple ID. Please advise. I heard that it cost around 20$ only.

You will either have to buy Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion and then download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store as an Upgrade.

Mountain Lion is only upgrade ware as of now.

I've two separate hard drives for both the OSes, for OSx its a single partition 1TB drive and for windows its a 2TB Drive with four partitions. And I don't get BSOD on reseting BIOS to defaults and booting directly from Windows drive.

Oh !

That means your chameleon boot loader should display 6 icons for all the partitions on your hdd(s). Cool ! Just choose the partition which has no volume label. [ Ps: Label all the partitions in your 2 TB HDD first ]

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman

I did as u said but I can't see a partition with No Volume Label, all I can see is a screen with one Mac Drive and 4 partions of my windows drive that I labelled. No 6th partition.

Top Bottom