The Hackintosh Thread

Tech&ME

Banned
^^^
Nice

But RETAIL version of LION DVD will be released soon.

And we can then install it with the SINGLE DVD ( Hackintosh )

I am waiting for iATKOS to release a SINGLE DVD LION Hackintosh .......... :grin: :grin:

krnsripati

Right off the assembly line
I just finished installing Mac OS X 10.7.1 last Sunday.

Working:
* 64 Bit
* Sound
* LAN
* Microphone
* Built in Bluetooth
* My Wireless Keyboard
* Triple Boot Windows 7, Windows 8 Developer Preview and Mac OS X
* My Android Phone detects directly without any drivers for USB Mode

Not Working / Need to Check:
* 3.0 USB (I don't have)
* WebCam for Facetime (I have one old Enter Web Cam need to check)
* Time not sync with Windows and Mac (I haven't searched yet)

My Config:
* Intel Core i7 2600k
* Asus P8P67 Pro
* 4GB DDR3 Cosair Vengeance
* 1 TB Seagate HDD + 500 GB Seage HDD
* Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard
* AOC 22" LCD
* 1GB DDR5 5670 Sapphire

Installation Credit goes
Hackintosh i7 2600 - <Glazblog/>
[GUIDE] Lion Retail & Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 - InsanelyMac Forum

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Successfully installed Lion on my Dell XPS 14. (L401X)

What works:
Graphics (native resolution) (Used Multibeast to install nVidia kext)
Bluetooth (works out of box)
Trackpad and Keyboard (It was working initially, but then it stopped after first reboot. Had to install PS/2 mouse and keyboard kext from Multibeast to get it working).
Ethernet (works out of box)
USB (works out of box)
Webcam

What doesn't work:
Sound (No suitable device found)
Wireless

I am still trying to figure out how to get sound and wireless working. I will have to get it working, otherwise there is no point using Mac on laptop then. :p

I followed following tutorial to create Mac OS Lion bootable USB.
tonymacx86 Blog: UniBeast: Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One Bootable USB Drive

Additionally, as I had to install this on a MBR disk, I applied Lion MBR patch.

If anybody can help getting sound and wireless working, I would appreciate.

Following is my system configuration
> Mainboard : Dell 01PNG7
> Chipset : Intel P55
> Processor : Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1733MHz
> Physical Memory : 4096MB (1 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )
> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M
> Hard Disk : Western Digital WD5000BEKT-75KA9T0 (500GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung DVD+-RW TS-U633J
> Monitor Type : X3GT9￾140AT - 14 inches
> Network Card : Intel WiFi Link 6000 Series
> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Neo

my config is as follows
Processor Intel Dual Core @2.7Ghz
RAM 2GB
HDD 320GB WD
Graphics Nvidia GeForce 8400gs 512MB
19' samsung LCD Monitor

Will Lion run on it...?
Please reply fast///thanx

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
my config is as follows
RAM 2GB
HDD 320GB WD
19' samsung LCD Monitor

Will Lion run on it...?

Please check if your configuration is supported here - HCL 10.7 Seeds - OSx86

Even if it's not there, don't worry. Best way to check it to create a bootable USB drive and check for yourself. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
my config is as follows
RAM 2GB
HDD 320GB WD
19' samsung LCD Monitor

Will Lion run on it...?

It just might not work due to weak graphics. But hey there is no problem in trying is it? best of luck :D

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Successfully installed Lion on my Dell XPS 14. (L401X)
What doesn't work:
Sound (No suitable device found)
Wireless

I am still trying to figure out how to get sound and wireless working. I will have to get it working, otherwise there is no point using Mac on laptop then. :p

Got sound working using voodoohda 2.7.1 from Downloads - voodoohda - High Definition Audio (HDA) driver for Mac OS X - Google Project Hosting

:)

It seems my wireless card is not supported at all for now. :( Need to get a new card or wait for some more time. :(

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
So Just Installed Lion On My Laptop Without installing Snow Leopard.....But you need A working Mac or Hakintosh For That To Work...
Basically We Port Lion Install Files on A 8 GB or More Pen drive and Install It....

See More Here..Link

Assassin

I killed my phone, Again!
I want to install Mac on my lap, Currently I am using Toshiba L650 with the specs:
Intel core i5 CPU M480
2 GB DDR2 Memory (Cant find out the details :( )
ATI Mobility redon HD 5470
465 GB HDD (Hitachi HTS5450)

Can I make it a multiboot machine with Mac and Windows ?
I really want to get my hands on Mac :hyper: :bananana:

rsk11584

Journeyman
how to actually use the MAC this is really freaking me out, in my office we recently bought one MAC Apple imac MC309HNA 21.5 inch..desktop PC and the big screen and wireless keyboard, mouse and its design is freaking me out yesterday only tried to use it for some time but could not figure out how to use it.. we are planning to buy some more i-macs in office. This MAC seems really awesome but i dont know how to use it :( can some one teach me what awesome is in mac as im having iphone 3g recently got from my sis, and still dont know why is there in iphone which makes people mad,,,

i heard mac OS is used by people in video editing field as the video editing software which works in mac is best,, ??? is it so?

Tech&ME

Banned
how to actually use the MAC this is really freaking me out, in my office we recently bought one MAC Apple imac MC309HNA 21.5 inch..desktop PC and the big screen and wireless keyboard, mouse and its design is freaking me out yesterday only tried to use it for some time but could not figure out how to use it.. we are planning to buy some more i-macs in office. This MAC seems really awesome but i dont know how to use it :( can some one teach me what awesome is in mac as im having iphone 3g recently got from my sis, and still dont know why is there in iphone which makes people mad,,,

i heard mac OS is used by people in video editing field as the video editing software which works in mac is best,, ??? is it so?

Ha Ha Ha :grin: :grin:

If you can't use a MAC bro, you can't use anything i guess.
I don't understand why you are so freaked out with it ??

What exactly you are trying to do...... please let us know to help you with it.

Its very easy and fast to use ................ that's the AWESOME of Mac!!

rsk11584

Journeyman
Ha Ha Ha :grin: :grin:

If you can't use a MAC bro, you can't use anything i guess.
I don't understand why you are so freaked out with it ??

What exactly you are trying to do...... please let us know to help you with it.

Its very easy and fast to use ................ that's the AWESOME of Mac!!

:evil:

i mean to say the technology is so diff no CPU, No cables nothing just one big monitor and it contains all from CPU to PSU to Video Card etc etc,, and the mouse looks so sleek and keyboad also so small, how to browse the files on MAC and what all apps can i download for MAC

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

i mean to say the technology is so diff no CPU, No cables nothing just one big monitor and it contains all from CPU to PSU to Video Card etc etc,, and the mouse looks so sleek and keyboad also so small, how to browse the files on MAC and what all apps can i download for MAC

You mean like these?
Dell Inspiron One 2310 Review < All-In-One Desktops Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in
Lenovo IdeaCentre B300 Review < All-In-One Desktops Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in

As for the OS, not sure what's that difficult really, some different keyboard shortcuts, a dock, and other stuff. It's not really that different, if anything it's a lot more straightforward and intuitive than WIndows 7.

Tech&ME

Banned

What I can understand is :

1. Your Mac has Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard ( Operating System )

2. To Browse files do any one of the following :

a) Left Click on the smiling face icon ( on the extreme left of the dock ), this will open the Finder, you can now browse all the files using finder.

b) From the panel click on GO menu item and from the pull down menu select the folder you want to open.

3. Thirdly, if you want to download new applications, you can use the Apple App Store or go to macupdate.com and download whatever you need.
Hope this helps you.

rsk11584

Journeyman
@@^^^

Thanks but are apps for MAC same as Software for Windows (Freeware Shareware etc)

I thought apps the specific word is used for utilities, games, lifestyle etc etc in only android, iphone, nokia, ipad etc, in windows games are called games, and utilities are just called softwares.. so got confused

Top Bottom