The Great Indian Dream

p_dude

Broken In
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask you guys a simple question:

What technology, not invented yet, has the power to change India for the better?

Another way of thinking about this is: What is your dream for India, and if you had unlimited knowledge and resources, what would you invent to make that dream come true?

I just want honest opinions here, and everything from practical solutions that we could work on, to wacky out-of-this world ideas are welcome.

Just remember you have to suggest something that would make India and the lives we lead better... maybe ideas that will finally rid us of the "third world" tag...
No matter how hard we try Raaabo we indians are going to be behind the white race since the people in control of the world hate us so much for our culture and religion ;)

P

pragyap

I just believe in simple living and high thinking. High thinking in the sense that if all people will be self disciplined then what's the need to attend the lectures given by the fake ones. We should not have any inferiority complex about ourselves. What we have and what we are good at, we should always try to make best use of that and of course for the improvement...........:arrow:

icebags

Technomancer
first thing India needs : A law to stop the population increase so that it becomes less than half in future.

Next is building economically strong population base.

Not to forget prioritize use of solar energy..... its a shame that so much energy gets wasted. And solar energy can be used without solar panels too.

tobbyhot

Broken In
My dream is to make it IT hub and like Indians go to abroad for jobs and money..
the western people come here for education,jobs,citizenship's....I want to see a Super Power....

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
+1 to the language thing, computers should be in the local languages
and the dream is everyone can code

desai_amogh

In the zone
first thing India needs : A law to stop the population increase so that it becomes less than half in future.

Doesnt that mean more than half of your polulation after 50 years will more than 50 years old ???

Not to forget prioritize use of solar energy..... its a shame that so much energy gets wasted. And solar energy can be used without solar panels too.

How about TRAI making it mandatory for all the DTH operators to manufacture their dish antennas with Solar panel material on the antenna surface which powers their set-top-boxes by itself ??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No matter how hard we try Raaabo we indians are going to be behind the white race since the people in control of the world hate us so much for our culture and religion ;)
only if you'll have THIS kind of attitude.

Hi guys,What technology, not invented yet, has the power to change India for the better?

Technology not even invented yet? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that presently, even the technologies that are very real and developed aren't being used to their full extent if at all.

As for your question, I agree with you on the idea of abolishing the paper currency system altogether. In a country like India, where corruption thrives so freely, doing away with paper money would really help in India's ascension from a third world country (or so they say) to a developed nation.

Here's a little something I picked up from ratedrsuperstar's post. How about we have all the computer languages, operating systems and other technological goodies in local languages? The Koreans, the Japanese and the Chinese chose their own languages even for use in technology and the last time I checked, they were kicking some serious ass in the technology department. The PlayStation, Samsung Galaxy S, Xpera phones. Sound familiar? All that stuff comes from those countries. They use their phones, game consoles, computers and everything in their native languages. So, why do we have to stick with English?

Many of us are under the delusion that English symbolizes status or something of that sort. Newsflash: It doesn't! Half the Europe doesn't speak English!

I don't have any such ideas of my own, but I'll be sure to post when I come up with one.

Some days, I think about how much potential this country has and what it could become. Then I find people like you. Alright, we'll work on improving the place we live in while you lick on some western butts.

Stop population? Like literally stop it? Did you even think before posting? India needs young people to develop and they don't grow on trees.

@RChandan To some extent I agree with you but a country needs its culture too. I think these talks regarding the cultural backwardness of India should be taken to a new thread.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Outsource governance to European Union. Yes, am actually serious. As long as there are scams and there are things that can be achived only by throwing money, our country won't go anywhere. My friend recently told me an interesting statistic.

Top speep of a rail in China in mid 90's: 60mph
Now, they hold world record in rail speed.

Reason is strict governance. They take everything with pride.

Goten

Banned
Economy thrives everything. A better economy would do wonders for the world. I don't feel so proud or anthing to be an Indian. I am rather comfortable in being a human.....Thats it.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
We need to find a solution to "Stop Corruption", to make every dream come true.

R2K

In the Zone
India really has got a great potential...World has already started realizing it.....
And Don't Consider US as the nation having great education system ever known to man.
Recently i have read somewhere that an average 8 th grade indian/chinese student have almost same IQ as of a 12th grade US student....
And i think India is will become one of the Super powers by 2020..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Economy thrives everything. A better economy would do wonders for the world. I don't feel so proud or anthing to be an Indian. I am rather comfortable in being a human.....Thats it.
+100 here.
We need to find a solution to "Stop Corruption", to make every dream come true.
You actually can't stop it, coz the corruption has been created/done by those people who are so called the leaders of India, they do have the power to hide their non sense from media but it won't stand for long.
India really has got a great potential...World has already started realizing it.....
And Don't Consider US as the nation having great education system ever known to man.
Recently i have read somewhere that an average 8 th grade indian/chinese student have almost same IQ as of a 12th grade US student....
And i think India is will become one of the Super powers by 2020..

Here goes the main problem. We are so jealous of USA. We always try to find a single fault of USA rather than our own. Why can't we just accept that U.S.A is a far more better country than us
and Education? Well our Education system sucks. All the student from A+ rated institutes tries to get a job in the Western countries, why? coz they are intelligent and know life can be far more comfortable there than here. So it basically doesn't matter that a 8th grade student of India has the IQ of a 12th grade of USA student when India don't even know how to keep their own students in the country..
and one more thing the mentality of Indian people especially the old aged ones are Pathetic. I some times get confused that are living in 2011 or stone age still? and also India and their crap Government need to learn how to respect every single Indians rather than eagerly trying to empty pocketing them.
There are more than one reason why India is still a 3rd rated country, all the reasons will take a full day typing, and I don't have time :p

At the end, as Goten said, I really don't feel proud to be an Indian at all. :sad:

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
Eliminate all borders in the world and equally share all resources for the betterment of human kind.. Kill patriotism and embrace humanity

Also, instead of things like: "what can we invent to make india better" I think it should be a : "What can we invent to make humankind better, thus benefiting all countries that need the invention and involve people from everywhere"

Anish

Spectre
I would want to find a way in which we can completely do away with paper money, perhaps we should have a one-mobile-per-indian policy, and make mobile payments the only way to conduct even everyday purchases. Thus making black money non-existent, and also reducing / eliminating corruption!

+1
interesting, BTW, what will happen to the stagnated black money i wonder :unsure:

@amitash : Thats a good opinion, but is there any WAY to do it dude? as asked by the OP

R2K

In the Zone
+100 here.

and one more thing the mentality of Indian people especially the old aged ones are Pathetic. I some times get confused that are living in 2011 or stone age still? .

:sad:

Yeah...to some extent i agree with your statement :D

d3p

PowerHouse
May be my thinking is different from other, but let me start from a small topic...

Its a best way to get a Smart Card, which will carry all the information like Voter ID, Passport, PAN, Driving License. This will help everyone of us definitely.

I heard long time back, it was suppose to be implemented in india, with colabrations of TCS. But no updates till date, due to sluggish way of working.

Now move on to another topic...[This is a real incident which happened in 2009]

I asked my friend, whether he have given Vote or Not in the current year election.
He replied me, saying if the local MLA is not paying them, there's no point is giving vote to them...even others also supported him.

This guy has completed his M.Tech in Electronics.Comm & working for a MNC & his reply was so cheap which is not expected from a educated person & his dumb friend supporting him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom