The Galaxy S thread!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, I just can not add another Google account on my SGS. Initially I had two accounts, was fiddling with settings and one hot removed, now it wont just add...

Market is working though (updating apps), but missing calender, mail (main account)...

Help!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, I just can not add another Google account on my SGS. Initially I had two accounts, was fiddling with settings and one hot removed, now it wont just add...

Market is working though (updating apps), but missing calender, mail (main account)...

Help!!!

backup everything and reset.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^I've already looked up this on internet, most of all say FactoryReset worked for them, but found few who say it didn't work for them..

Well, I've bought some paid apps, how to backup them?
And backup means...copy paste or using some backup tools, like Titanium backup etc?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
not copy. use tools like titanium backup that save everything. and use tools like appbrain that remember which apps you are using and install them back after reset. regarding paid apps, just install them back after reset.

shazi26

Right off the assembly line
hi every one im new to the site so if any one could help il realy be gratefull.i recently flashed my sgs gt i9000 to froyo ,everything is working fine but only thing is when i go in to recovery mode and try to use the update zip it comes up with a error saying e:signature verification failiure update aborted can any 1 help me with that also if you format your internal memory or your external memory does it wipe everything on them and last of all can i flash back to my stock rom and how if yes .only reason i want to flash back is for the e:signature failiure. i know its alot of questions but i thought instead of keep asking question indivisualy y not ask at once.thanks in advance.if you need my device info then pls ask.and if i can help in any way then dont mind asking.im from the uk

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
hi every one im new to the site so if any one could help il realy be gratefull.i recently flashed my sgs gt i9000 to froyo ,everything is working fine but only thing is when i go in to recovery mode and try to use the update zip it comes up with a error saying e:signature verification failiure update aborted can any 1 help me with that also if you format your internal memory or your external memory does it wipe everything on them and last of all can i flash back to my stock rom and how if yes .only reason i want to flash back is for the e:signature failiure. i know its alot of questions but i thought instead of keep asking question indivisualy y not ask at once.thanks in advance.if you need my device info then pls ask.and if i can help in any way then dont mind asking.im from the uk
You're getting that error cause froyo has 3e recovery which does not allow flashing unsigned update.zip.. You need to install a kernel that has 2e recovery (CFRoot kernel) or one which has integrated clockworkmod (Speedmod kernel).. Google for these kernels, and you will find them :)

shazi26

Right off the assembly line
You're getting that error cause froyo has 3e recovery which does not allow flashing unsigned update.zip.. You need to install a kernel that has 2e recovery (CFRoot kernel) or one which has integrated clockworkmod (Speedmod kernel).. Google for these kernels, and you will find them :)
How do install it and will I need anything else with it thanks for the quick response.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys good news!!!

We have some great news for Samsung Galaxy S owners now, as Samsung UK has confirmed that the update to Android 2.2 Froyo is now starting to roll out. We have details on how you can prepare for the update.

Read full article here

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
After debating for an hour in the shop , over the HTC Desire or SGS, I Finally bought the SGS !! Mmm...welcome to the world of android :)

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
1 : How do i get rid of touchWiz ? i DONT like it. I prefer stock android
2: Can i get Froyo (without rooting) ?
3: Link to any rooting tutorial ?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"

1. Install Launcherpro
2. Download firmware from samfirmware and install via Odin.
3. Rooting is very simple and reversible.

My suggestion: Install Doc's JPO 7.2.6 ROM.. Follow the instructions here (make 100% sure you backup your /efs) [ROM] Doc Froyo BareBone_0.1 / ADJP5 v8.0.1 / XWJPA v7.6.2 / XXJPO v7.6.2 (21/11/10) - xda-developers

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz

Top Bottom