The Galaxy S thread!

Nexus S not available yet.. Will be available only after 16th.. In India, is a different story.. It might not launch at all in India.

But what if I can get it from US? It will cost $529 unlocked version. Which one to prefer ? though there will not be any warranty for the Nexus. Thanks.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
But what if I can get it from US? It will cost $529 unlocked version. Which one to prefer ? though there will not be any warranty for the Nexus. Thanks.
Hmm.. Depends!

Nexus S:
- AOSP Gingerbread
- Concave screen (not a bit plus)
- NFC chip (useless in India)
- Camera flash

Galaxy S:
- warranty
- allows external sd card
- FM radio
- 720p video recording
- Bluetooth 3.0

Make your decision :)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@kalpik,
Doesn't Nexus S also have 720p video recording?

Also, for now Bluetooth 3.0 is also useless right now? (Even when transferring files over bluetooth with Samsung Wave, I wasn't getting v.high speeds..)

Also, what does AOSP stand for? (I figure it means Stock Android?)

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@kalpik,
Doesn't Nexus S also have 720p video recording?

Also, for now Bluetooth 3.0 is also useless right now? (Even when transferring files over bluetooth with Samsung Wave, I wasn't getting v.high speeds..)

Also, what does AOSP stand for? (I figure it means Stock Android?)
Well.. The Nexus S website says video recording is 720x480 = 480p, not 720p.

Agreed, BT 3.0 is useless.. And yes, AOSP = Android Open Source Project = Stock Android.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@Kalpik and @SunnyChahal,
Yeah, just now checked. Thanks for correcting me.
Rather perplexing they opted for 480p (though personally, that is enough for me. In fact, I use 480 p for recording.), don't you think?..

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

Don't convert $529 to INR and be happy coz once it lands in India's Alfa, Gaffar Market etc. it will be retail at ~ 32K and settling at around 28K over the period of time.

But if you are planning to get it from US then its a different story altogether.

Don't convert $529 to INR and be happy coz once it lands in India's Alfa, Gaffar Market etc. it will be retail at ~ 32K and settling at around 28K over the period of time.

But if you are planning to get it from US then its a different story altogether.

I was planning to get it from US directly, no octroi and taxes but the difference by kalpik sir changed my mind:

Nexus S:
- AOSP Gingerbread
- Camera flash

Galaxy S:
- warranty
- FM radio
- 720p video recording
- Bluetooth 3.0

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I was planning to get it from US directly, no octroi and taxes but the difference by kalpik sir changed my mind:

Nexus S:
- AOSP Gingerbread
- Camera flash

Galaxy S:
- warranty
- FM radio
- 720p video recording
- Bluetooth 3.0

Which of these points was the most influential in changing your mind? Because, for me it is the warranty.But, I guess I'll be in minority :))

abhidev

Human Spambot
Nexux S will be released on 16th Dec...no idea when in India. Watched the demo video of Nexus S...looks awesome!!!!!!

I purchased Galaxy S today for 27.5k. Thanks to you guys. I am loving it. :) Do I need screen protector for the screen ?

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I purchased Galaxy S today for 27.5k. Thanks to you guys. I am loving it. :) Do I need screen protector for the screen ?

I'd recommend doing it. (But ,the screen is scratch resistant, so if you always keep it inside the leather case, you got when not using it and are a bit careful, you'll do fine..)

That being said, I have been using the phone for almost 2 weeks w/o screen protector, without the leather case, without any problems..But, when we are so much for a phone, I guess, there's not much harm in paying a few hundred bucks to protect the screen just in case. (no pun intended ;) )

Top Bottom