The Galaxy S thread!

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Seeing that official froyo has already been released, ill do a nice guide for froyo soon.. Gimme one or two days :)

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Interesting comparison between HTC Desire and SGS GPU: YouTube - ???S vs HTC Desire 3D ?? ??, Galaxy S

And some people (in the HTC Desire thread ofcourse) say there is no difference :|

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Interesting comparison between HTC Desire and SGS GPU: YouTube - ???S vs HTC Desire 3D ?? ??, Galaxy S

And some people (in the HTC Desire thread ofcourse) say there is no difference :|

There is definitely a lot of difference. The Desire has the previous gen. GPU Z430 (or Adreno 200), which is 1+ year old, while the Hummingbird has SGX540, which is the newest GPU from ImagTech. Even the iPhone4 has SGX535 GPU. There should be no comparison between the two.

The correct comptt. for SGX540 is Z460 (or Adreno 205), in the HTC G2, Desire HD etc. The SGX540 has more raw power, nevertheless and surely wins.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
When I press Volume Up + Power + Home button after powering off, my phone just restarts. Would it be that mine doesn;t have three button combo. Is there any specific way to do the three button recovery process? Please give me some idea. Also I want to know would froyo update enable three button combo to my phone, if it is not there by default. Would it be risky to firmware update without recovery mode?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Ok, here's a guide I made for a painless upgrade to Froyo: Me, Myself and Technology Blog Archive JP6 De-deodexed and zipaligned ROM for GT-I9000 with Voodoo!

anonymusneo

Journeyman
Ok, here's a guide I made for a painless upgrade to Froyo: Me, Myself and Technology Blog Archive JP6 De-deodexed and zipaligned ROM for GT-I9000 with Voodoo!

is this is official ROM update?..

please do one more for official froyo..
if i upgrade to 2.2 official through reg hack . will my warrantee be void?

do i need 3 button combo enabled for reg hack method?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

is this is official ROM update?..

please do one more for official froyo..
if i upgrade to 2.2 official through reg hack . will my warrantee be void?

do i need 3 button combo enabled for reg hack method?
No, it is not official, though you can still flash back to official DDJG4 rom to claim warranty :)

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I applied the fix from this thread [FIX] Release: 3-button combo fix for any firmware version - xda-developers and now the 3 button combo is working. Wow. I was nervous as hell. Previously it was not working. My PDA is i9000ddjg4

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
According to my knowledge, you should have 3button combo enable before you flash any new firmware. Otherwise you may not be able to go to recovery in the event of any unsuccessful firmware upgrade and you have to send it to Samsung for repairs.

anonymusneo

Journeyman
hey guys

i did exactly as this [FIX] Release: 3-button combo fix for any firmware version - xda-developers thread said.

my phone rebooted into recovery by adb reboot recovery.

then i moved to odin and pressed start ,this image shows what happns

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/4977/84088105.png

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I backed up the entire rom and installed kalpik's rom from the xda. The performance has noticeably increased. Quandrant score previously was around 840 and now it is 1020.

D

droidxipad

Best Playback video/movie to Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S Video Converter

The easy way to Put and Enjoy Movie, Music on Samsung Galaxy S.

Today I could focus on the way to convert and play movies/musics on Samsung Galaxy S. Now we have known that Samsung Galaxy S can play video in MP4, WMV, DivX, Xvid, MPEG 4, H.264, H.263, music in MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, etc. So if we had lots of videos in other format, what we need is just a powerful Samsung Galaxy S video formats, which can convert all movies/musics like MKV, AVI, TiVo, M4V, MOV, VOB, MTS, M2TS, MPEG, F4V, AC3, DTS, FLAC, OGG, etc to MP4, MPEG4, H.264, H.264, DivX, WMV, MP3, AAC, etc for playing on Samsung Galaxy S.

Step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Download Aunsoft Samsung Galaxy S Video Converter, install and run it.
Step 2: Please drag and drop or click “Add” to import kinds of movies/musics you want to put on Samsung Galaxy S to this program.
Step 3: Please select suitable format like Android - Motorola Droid X H.264 Video (*.mp4) for your Samsung Galaxy S as the output format for conversion. (This format profile is specially designed for Droid X, but it can also use for Samsung Galaxy S phones with perfect effect, just select it for your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.)
Step 4: Start the conversion from movie to Samsung Galaxy S.
*www.aunsoft.com/video-converter/

Hope it can help you !

azzu

AJJU
bought galaxy s yesterday for my freind , while playing a hd video after pausing phone suddenly crashes for few seconds any fixes ??
And anyone using 2.2 froyo
Is it officially available via Kias ...
Plz help

Top Bottom