The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

TheSloth

The Slowest One
S21FE launches on Samsung website for 54999INR. Is it worth it?
As of now the Specs are not clear whether its Exynos or SD888.

I was waiting for this because of smaller size compare to other smartphones but the price is too high. I thought it would be around 45K.
Any other small smartphone launching soon? If not then I am thinking to go with Moto G71 and save some money. I wanted to go with Samsung device this time but it seems it's not possible now. Been forever waiting for Pixel 5a.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

I was waiting for this because of smaller size compare to other smartphones but the price is too high. I thought it would be around 45K.
Any other small smartphone launching soon? If not then I am thinking to go with Moto G71 and save some money. I wanted to go with Samsung device this time but it seems it's not possible now. Been forever waiting for Pixel 5a.

at present only exynos version in India.
45k was not expected at all. with hdfc card, it comes to 50k though but imho its not worth at that price, s20fe sd version is much better.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
S20FE SD version height is 160mm and I am looking for something smaller, like 145mm to 155mm. Pixel 4a was a choice only until I came to know about the tiny battery it has. Pixel 5a never came. May be Pixel 6a come and I don't know if my Moto G5+ will survive that long.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
S20 fe is 38k on amazon. S21 fe can be 47k after 5k hdfc card discount and 2k Samsung 20k program discount.
Which is better?
Also I saw s21 ultra for 62k? Is it that cheap?
Google pixel 6 is 66k and pro is 100k. 6a doesn't return Indian results.

What do you think of vivo x50 and x60 for below 40k budget.

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Actually I do not know much about phone worth.
But don't go with Amazon prices of Google Pixel 6 since those are imported units and they are selling it at high prices.
If we go by thumb rule of $1=Rs.100 then Pixel 6 should be 60K and Pro could be around 90K.
Pixel 4a was $350 in US and in India it is selling at 33K at max.

I don't know anything about Oppo Vivo phones because I never checked about them since I will never buy these or suggest anyone.

S20 fe is 38k on amazon. S21 fe can be 47k after 5k hdfc card discount and 2k Samsung 20k program discount.
Which is better?
Also I saw s21 ultra for 62k? Is it that cheap?
Google pixel 6 is 66k and pro is 100k. 6a doesn't return Indian results.

What do you think of vivo x50 and x60 for below 40k budget.
S20 FE 5G is the best flagship phone in India right now IMO, no other phone is worth the extra money over it. You will get more android updates with S21 FE, it is lighter, but still S20 FE 5G is the better phone, even for gamers as Exynos throttles hard & runs hotter.

Since Asus zenfone 8 didn't launch after teasing launch in May 2021, I gave up & upgraded to S20 FE 5G. It is a big phone, but no other phone can be considered a proper upgrade to my S8.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The S21FEmodel which released seem to be Eynos version and this one doesn't even come with headphone jack and charger. There are no small phones with decent spec apart from Iphone? iPhone 12 costs 54K!

The S21FEmodel which released seem to be Eynos version and this one doesn't even come with headphone jack and charger. There are no small phones with decent spec apart from Iphone? iPhone 12 costs 54K!
An iPhone is an easy no for me because it looks bad (notch) & the OS. I had the highest expectation from MacOS among Apple devices, but even that has disappointed me.

For compact phone users, its easy to say you have no option unless you are fine to live with one sacrifice or other.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
An iPhone is an easy no for me because it looks bad (notch) & the OS. I had the highest expectation from MacOS among Apple devices, but even that has disappointed me.

For compact phone users, its easy to say you have no option unless you are fine to live with one sacrifice or other.

What if this maybe real?

What if this maybe real?
The OS is just fundamentally different, I don't see that being changed, nor the price, nor the anti-consumer practice. Samsung phones or Chinese ones are my best bet. Xiaomi 12X is a good compact phone actually. Reviews will tell how good its camera & battery life is. I feel many of MIUI's annoyances are easier to tame for me than iOS.

moltenskull

Journeyman
@TheSloth Saw the Pixel 4A being discussed in this thread. As the owner of a Pixel 4A (non-5g), I would like to share this with you :

*www.amazon.in/Google-Pixel-Black-128GB-Storage/dp/B08H8VZ6PV

It's available for 41.5k, currently. However, going by the reviews, it is an imported unit and may have restrictions. Please check if it suits you.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@TheSloth Saw the Pixel 4A being discussed in this thread. As the owner of a Pixel 4A (non-5g), I would like to share this with you :

*www.amazon.in/Google-Pixel-Black-128GB-Storage/dp/B08H8VZ6PV

It's available for 41.5k, currently. However, going by the reviews, it is an imported unit and may have restrictions. Please check if it suits you.
Hi! Pixel 4a is available on Flipkart for 28K. I was thinking of going with it at one point but didn't buy because of small battery.

@omega44-xt Yeah you are right, I better compromise on the size and go with either SamsungA52 or Moto G71. Not considering other phones with their poorly optimnized OS and skins. I don't see any point now waiting for a small phone.

Hi! Pixel 4a is available on Flipkart for 28K. I was thinking of going with it at one point but didn't buy because of small battery.

@omega44-xt Yeah you are right, I better compromise on the size and go with either SamsungA52 or Moto G71. Not considering other phones with their poorly optimnized OS and skins. I don't see any point now waiting for a small phone.
Maybe go ahead with G71 & save money.

moltenskull

Journeyman

The link I posted is of the Pixel 4A 5g (765G+Larger capacity battery). It is now out of stock on Amazon.in. I think you mistook it for the Pixel 4A (non-5G). The non-5G version is available for 28k on Flipkart. I too bought it from Flipkart only, for 27K.

Please note, even the Pixel 5A 5G is available on Amazon for 43k. Also, apart from the Pixel 4A on Flipkart, I think others are imported variants only as the Google store only mentions the Pixel 4A non-5G on Flipkart.

As @omega44-xt noted, the Motorola G71 may be a better bet.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The link I posted is of the Pixel 4A 5g (765G+Larger capacity battery). It is now out of stock on Amazon.in. I think you mistook it for the Pixel 4A (non-5G). The non-5G version is available for 28k on Flipkart. I too bought it from Flipkart only, for 27K.

Please note, even the Pixel 5A 5G is available on Amazon for 43k. Also, apart from the Pixel 4A on Flipkart, I think others are imported variants only as the Google store only mentions the Pixel 4A non-5G on Flipkart.

As @omega44-xt noted, the Motorola G71 may be a better bet.
Ah!!!! My bad!! Thought the Flipkart version was 5G.

How are these imported units?? Generally the high cost and no after sales support is a big NO for me. What do you guys think about these though? Many people are already purchasing these phones actually. So I was thinking of getting Pixel 5a5G from Amazon.

moltenskull

Journeyman
According to the reviews on Amazon, imported units also are unable to run an E-Sim apart from the cons you mentioned (Support issues and high cost). Please also keep that in mind.

I was also looking for a compact phone, but admittedly, options are few. One option I was really waiting for was the Zenfone 8 /(Mini) but it never launched in India, to the best of my knowledge.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
If s21 fe is exynos for 54k then I say grab the rog phone 5 base variant with 8gb 128gb and an overclockable snapdragon 888 for 49k on flipkart.
12 256 version is a little more at 57k.
Pro variant is 67k and ultimate is 79k.

What other flagships present better value at 55k and over price bracket than the rog phone 5?

Top Bottom