The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Alternative is HTC One M8 Eye, has great design, but not so good camera.... Honor 7 is great, but both lack removable battery.... Why don't you compromise?

There are some good 5" devices which have sealed battery like Honor 7 or Vibe Shot(for camera)

Well I am really not in the mood to compromise. Have a phone with a sealed battery. Had a bad experience. I think I will wait a few months and see the new launches.

Well I am really not in the mood to compromise. Have a phone with a sealed battery. Had a bad experience. I think I will wait a few months and see the new launches.

I don't think companies are willing to provide removable battery nowadays

S5 was available at 18k at while back... It might be your best bet or wait for LG G3 to get price cut

bubusam13

Human
Today I missed a holiday trip because my Grand 2 does not rang when my friends called me to wake me up early morning. I am done with these issues in Android.
Please recommend me a phone that does not hang, do not give issues like these Galaxy devices, have a good battery life and runs whatsapp.

Aside, if Whatsapp ceases it's support for Blackberry devices, would we be able to run whatsapp then considering the fact that we can run apk s on blackberrys ?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Today I missed a holiday trip because my Grand 2 does not rang when my friends called me to wake me up early morning. I am done with these issues in Android.
Please recommend me a phone that does not hang, do not give issues like these Galaxy devices, have a good battery life and runs whatsapp.

Aside, if Whatsapp ceases it's support for Blackberry devices, would we be able to run whatsapp then considering the fact that we can run apk s on blackberrys ?

Get a phone with stock or close to stock android like Moto G3. Samsung entry and mid rangers are junk.

bubusam13

Human
I recommended my brother, my colleagues and my friends Moto G3. Now all of them are facing some issue after the Marshmallow update. The onscreen buttons, notifications are not working properly. The factory reset option is faded, recovery boot returns "no command" error. They had to visit service center to factory reset their devices. There is also no option to disable automatic update of the ROM.

Motorola should do a thorough testing on their devices before releasing a new update. I won't be going for Moto G3. Pls recommend some else.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I recommended my brother, my colleagues and my friends Moto G3. Now all of them are facing some issue after the Marshmallow update. The onscreen buttons, notifications are not working properly. The factory reset option is faded, recovery boot returns "no command" error. They had to visit service center to factory reset their devices. There is also no option to disable automatic update of the ROM.

Motorola should do a thorough testing on their devices before releasing a new update. I won't be going for Moto G3. Pls recommend some else.

How about Redmi Note 3 or Oneplus One/X/Two then?

Also, to factory reset the phone, noob friendly guides are available on xda.

Get a phone with stock or close to stock android like Moto G3. Samsung entry and mid rangers are junk.

I personally don't like stock due to the lack of some features because of which I have to go into rooting & custom ROMs (now Sony Z3C for past 1 year without rooting)
Considering the current smartphone scenario I would say most 10k+ android phones are lag free (even Samsung ones like J7)

I would recommend Redmi Note 3. Try to get 32GB verion. Not everyone likes MIUI but you can always install a launcher, that's the advantage of android

You have to agree that Moto G3 runs great after factory reset on Marshmallow

- - - Updated - - -

How about Redmi Note 3 or Oneplus One/X/Two then?

Also, to factory reset the phone, noob friendly guides are available on xda.

Even though you aren't signed up for beta updates, sometimes the stable updates of Oneplus results in some minor issues which gets resolved with factory reset. Not everyone enjoys going for a factory reset of phone. My friend told me this, who sold his OPO a few months ago

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

I have a Moto G3 on Marshmallow as my daily driver. Its working fine for me without a factory reset( Too lazy to take backup and reset). Also got two updates after MM update.Each time a notification would appear alerting about the updates and only after I agreed did it download them. Don't know why your friends are having an issue with their Moto devices.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
no, 6 months
I'd say go for the newer ones. Don't have much feedback about these refurbished phones in India yet about how long they last or how durable etc.

The discount is not that much honestly & if economically viable you should just go for the new ones.

Top Bottom