The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

sushovan

In the zone
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

I sense another "bursting" hit this year New LG Optimus G E970 Unlocked GSM Android Cell Phone Rs. 13036.0 at eBay - DesiDime, India's Shopping Community for Best Deals

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

really amazing guide this is but only a single feature its lacking among all the brands mentioned can you also mention the most trusting brands that we can go for.......i mean there are manyy brands there people have never heard of.........

mkumar

Broken In

Thank you SAM

as per ur suggestion i have brought my first Android phone "Gionee Pioneer P2" @ 5800/- here in Belgaum

Thanks a million for ur suggestion, i have literally fallen flat for its performance in such low budget.

Ur buying guide is amazing, may GOD give u more strength n spirit to carry on ur adventure.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Regards
Mkumar

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

really amazing guide this is but only a single feature its lacking among all the brands mentioned can you also mention the most trusting brands that we can go for.......i mean there are manyy brands there people have never heard of.........

among local brands, none of them are really reliable. still i'll rate LAVA/XOLO because they are partnering with the bigger guys (for example Nvidia) to bring something new. Also the recently launched Lava Pro series looks good.

As for others, almost the whole of the relatively unknown names are big time Chinese players. Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE & Gionee (as well as Alcatel/TCL) mostly act as OEM. Panasonic rebrands TCL mobiles but their after sale service is doubtful. I don't think it'll be possible to rate or rank these brands but still i'll rate Huawei as they have the widest presence in here and now even manufactures their own chipset.

Thank you SAM

as per ur suggestion i have brought my first Android phone "Gionee Pioneer P2" @ 5800/- here in Belgaum

Thanks a million for ur suggestion, i have literally fallen flat for its performance in such low budget.

Ur buying guide is amazing, may GOD give u more strength n spirit to carry on ur adventure.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Regards
Mkumar

nice to know my guide helped you purchase the right mobile. thanks for your wish :)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

among local brands, none of them are really reliable. still i'll rate LAVA/XOLO because they are partnering with the bigger guys (for example Nvidia) to bring something new. Also the recently launched Lava Pro series looks good.

As for others, almost the whole of the relatively unknown names are big time Chinese players. Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE & Gionee (as well as Alcatel/TCL) mostly act as OEM. Panasonic rebrands TCL mobiles but their after sale service is doubtful. I don't think it'll be possible to rate or rank these brands but still i'll rate Huawei as they have the widest presence in here and now even manufactures their own chipset.
thnx i was thiniking about iBerry Auxus Xenea X1 but it seems its more than 10 k .....

sidspark

coming through

Among Local Brands XOLO and Micromax which has better options among INR10k-13k
and which is reliable,I know both are not completely reliable but still which has top priority Micromax or Xolo ??

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Among Local Brands XOLO and Micromax which has better options among INR10k-13k
and which is reliable,I know both are not completely reliable but still which has top priority Micromax or Xolo ??

looking at how Micromax is blindly bringing in new mobile with Android 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 i doubt they have any control over their products. at least XOLO/Lava updates and patches their mobile regularly so i'll rate them higher than MMX.

sidspark

coming through

looking at how Micromax is blindly bringing in new mobile with Android 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 i doubt they have any control over their products. at least XOLO/Lava updates and patches their mobile regularly so i'll rate them higher than MMX.

what if add gionee,huawei,iball and intex to the list....which company has better phone within Inr10-13.5k
(consider A.S.S also)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

what if add gionee,huawei,iball and intex to the list....which company has better phone within Inr10-13.5k
(consider A.S.S also)

iball & intex don't manufacture their own mobiles. its simply import, relabel & sell whereas Gionee & Huawei does and Huawei have world wide presence. Under 13k, Gionee Elife E3 have the best spec.

sidspark

coming through

iball & intex don't manufacture their own mobiles. its simply import, relabel & sell whereas Gionee & Huawei does and Huawei have world wide presence. Under 13k, Gionee Elife E3 have the best spec.

how about micromax magnus?

sushovan

In the zone

^ why do you ask the same question again and again which has been answered to you already in your previous posts? Now someone will say MMX canvas is a great phone in 13K (it really is if you can live with sound fluctuation issue) and you will again ask about MMX A.S.S :mad: and everything will go back to where it all started.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

but gionee elife e3 is available at approx 14.6k at flipkart

sidspark

coming through

^ why do you ask the same question again and again which has been answered to you already in your previous posts? Now someone will say MMX canvas is a great phone in 13K (it really is if you can live with sound fluctuation issue) and you will again ask about MMX A.S.S :mad: and everything will go back to where it all started.

Oppz sry
13k fo me is really huge
and this will be my first smartphone,tatz d reason for too many questions and repeated queries
I knw itz kinda irritating,anyways I wont repeat these questions again in this forom .thanks fo all your advices

satinder

DELHIITE

Compare yourself & decide what you want to have with this comparison between
Micromax Canvas Magnus A117
vs
XOLO Q1000S

Micromax Canvas Magnus A117 vs XOLO Q1000S: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Take extra 2 year warranty at least with the phone you choose
to protect yourself from future problems.
Cost is almost same 1K +-.
In Offline market You may get it at cheaper rates.

There is another entry from Xolo:
Xolo Q700S is for Rs. 9,999.
4.5 inch, 4.2 JellyBean, 8MP Camera.
800x480 Resolution on IPS display,
This is in your budget also.

You have to decide.
Take your time & invest on what suits you.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer

Hello Friends,

I am looking for my first Android Phone.
Budget : around 10k-11k.
Needs: For Net surfing.
Camera: I had a DSLR so if camera is not great then its no issue for me.
Phone I had searched (on net :) ) : Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114. I hadn't found any -ve review of it and falls in my budget also.

So guys guide me to make a better dicision. thanks.

sidspark

coming through

Compare yourself & decide what you want to have with this comparison between
Micromax Canvas Magnus A117
vs
XOLO Q1000S

Micromax Canvas Magnus A117 vs XOLO Q1000S: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Take extra 2 year warranty at least with the phone you choose
to protect yourself from future problems.
Cost is almost same 1K +-.
In Offline market You may get it at cheaper rates.

There is another entry from Xolo:
Xolo Q700S is for Rs. 9,999.
4.5 inch, 4.2 JellyBean, 8MP Camera.
800x480 Resolution on IPS display,
This is in your budget also.

You have to decide.
Take your time & invest on what suits you.

Thank you :)

ankush28

Bazinga

Hello Friends,

Phone I had searched (on net :) ) : Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114. I hadn't found any -ve review of it and falls in my budget also.

In this case I would go with Xperia M :)

toofan

Technomancer

ankush: thanks for your response.
Xperia M: single sim, screen 4.0", Android 4.1, secondary camera .3mp, rs 13500.00
Canvas2.2: dual sim, 5.0", 4.2, 2mp, rs 10500.00

Also I had read that Micromax will provide an update to Kit-Kat soon.

Am I right?

hansraj

In the zone

@toofan
Its my personal preference to have a 5 inch screen. If you have time have a feel of browsing with that size before you decide on a lower screen size

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Hello Friends,

Increase your budget slightly and Wait for Moto G.

Motorola Moto G review: Little big G - GSMArena.com
And for the final installment of our synthetic round comes the browsing experience, which is comprised of the JavaScript-focused and HTML 5-oriented SunSpider and BrowserMark 2. Finally, Vellamo does a little of everything for an all-round score.
JavaScript performance deemed the Moto G slightly better than the Xperia C and better overall than most of its more expensive rivals, which can be attributed to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
In HTML 5 the Android 4.3 and Moto G duo scored a very high result leaving others, like the Samsung Galaxy S4 in the dust.
Vellamo wasn't as generous as the other two but still showed the Moto G a better competitor than the Sony Xperia C.

Top Bottom