The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Anil.2705

Broken In
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: February 2013

is it really possible to increase ram and internal memory of a phone after rooting?

can we get touchwiz and htc senseui in other phones by rooting?

tkin

Back to school!!

is it really possible to increase ram and internal memory of a phone after rooting?

can we get touchwiz and htc senseui in other phones by rooting?
Cannot increase ram, but you can swap internal memory with an external memory card.

And yes, you can import touchwiz if you want.

Anil.2705

Broken In

whats the use of this app?
*play.google.com/store/apps/details...sMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5hemFzb2Z0LmZyZWUuc3dhcHBlciJd

it is said to increase RAM

and how to import touchwiz?

Cannot increase ram, but you can swap internal memory with an external memory card.

And yes, you can import touchwiz if you want.

solanky

Broken In
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: March 2013

I think Huawai Y210D mentioned in below 5k andorid phone is not GSM-CDMA. Its WCDMA-GSM dual phone. WCDMA is not same as CDMA, its a technology behind 3G. Please correct me if I am wrong.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I think Huawai Y210D mentioned in below 5k andorid phone is not GSM-CDMA. Its WCDMA-GSM dual phone. WCDMA is not same as CDMA, its a technology behind 3G. Please correct me if I am wrong.

corrected. thanks :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

So l9 is now 16-17.5k in most of the online retailers
Buy products Online - Infibeam.com
LG Optimus L9 Price in India as on 2 Mar 2013 is Rs 16,965|LG Optimus L9 Mobile Phone Price List in Indian cities Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi

rider

as Kratos

I arranged a seller. He is selling me his imported (US playstore) Google Nexus 4 16GB in sealed condition for 26.5k. No warranty. Get it or forget it?

pratyush997

Inactive

I arranged a seller. He is selling me his imported (US playstore) Google Nexus 4 16GB in sealed condition for 26.5k. No warranty. Get it or forget it?
This
Saposphere: How to get a Nexus 4 in India from Google Play Store US!
for 23k

This may help you
Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More] - xda-developers

rider

as Kratos

This
Saposphere: How to get a Nexus 4 in India from Google Play Store US!
for 23k

This may help you
Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More] - xda-developers

I know about this man. Not interested to take tension of weeks after payment. Plus I don't have any credit card and for debit card the person have to pay twice for security with the help of few banks like ICICI. :(
Paying 3.5k more is direct hand to hand purchase. I think I should get that tomorrow.

rider

as Kratos

Comments on Samsung Grand.

Feature wise its a nice device. You will get awesome features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with samsung's multi-window and other fantastic features. Display is poor WXGA with just 187ppi. Specs and hardware wise it is not much alluring. Xperia SL is another choice in this range. It has better in hardware performance and screen quality but old Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Android. I suggest you to take demo of both these devices and buy what you like. :)

tkin

Back to school!!

22k, Grand vs SL, SL anyday.

17-18k, L9 eyes closed.

Grand just loses on both grounds, price it at 20k and maybe, maybe we'll think about suggesting it.

vipul619

whodiswhodat

Comments on Samsung Grand.

As of now, with JB loaded Grand beats even the S2 running on ICS.
And S2 beats S & SL. (The Exynos version i.e. I9100, not I9100G vs S3 Snapdragon OC'ed)
So by theorem of equality, Grand is pretty awesome.. XD
Also it is available for 20500 easily.
With a bit more push might even get it for 20k.

Not to forget that SL & S are True HD, so that means more battery being sucked up!
While the Grand has a lesser ppi, so I'm assuming it's a type of AMOLED!

tkin

Back to school!!

As of now, with JB loaded Grand beats even the S2 running on ICS.
And S2 beats S & SL. (The Exynos version i.e. I9100, not I9100G vs S3 Snapdragon OC'ed)
So by theorem of equality, Grand is pretty awesome.. XD
Also it is available for 20500 easily.
With a bit more push might even get it for 20k.
Does it have something to do with Grand pushing 480P while SL pushes 720P, I can show you a review, where Xperia S beats the S2 easily: Sony Xperia S review: NXT of kin - GSMArena.com
So SL(13% faster than S) will bury it under the ground.

PS: Before you come back saying SII beats SL in nenamark read this part there:
The Adreno 220 isn't exactly the most powerful GPU around, but Sony have managed to get the best out of it - 37.5fps in NenaMark 2 is a playable framerate, despite the high resolution (the 720p Xperia S screen has 140% more pixels than the WVGA screen of the Galaxy S II, for example).

Grand can be compared to L9 etc, but comparing it to SL or SII is lame.

vipul619

whodiswhodat

Well that's my point. The S & SL have such great screens but not the proper h/w to back it up.
Also these screens really pull the juice off the device.
So it's just a personal choice here. Better screens vs Lower screens but better performance and backup.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Well that's my point. The S & SL have such great screens but not the proper h/w to back it up.
Also these screens really pull the juice off the device.
So it's just a personal choice here. Better screens vs Lower screens but better performance and backup.

Samsung crippled Grand by using a low resolution display on a giant 5" screen (WVGA is fine upto 4.3" i.e. S2) and Sony did the opposite. Weak GPU for 720p display but SL is still a better buy. At least you can watch videos and play most games. Also following Broadcom's past, Grand mayn't receive custom rom or i'll say less dev support compared to Sony.

vipul619

whodiswhodat

Samsung crippled Grand by using a low resolution display on a giant 5" screen (WVGA is fine upto 4.3" i.e. S2) and Sony did the opposite. Weak GPU for 720p display but SL is still a better buy. At least you can watch videos and play most games. Also following Broadcom's past, Grand mayn't receive custom rom or i'll say less dev support compared to Sony.

Totally agree with the custom support part! Never thought about that.

rohit0571

Journeyman

Great work Sam. But why have not not included Huawei U5510 in the 2K-5K category when it is a good phone.

Secondly I would suggest you to put another column of 3G in 2K to 5K category in branded mobile category.

Regards

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Great work Sam. But why have not not included Huawei U5510 in the 2K-5K category when it is a good phone.

it was there but later got removed. it most likely is discontinued as it been out of stock at Flipkart for quite sometime now and same for most of the other online stores.

Secondly I would suggest you to put another column of 3G in 2K to 5K category in branded mobile category.

3G & WiFI are under connectivity but currently no mobile offers 3G.

Top Bottom