The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Shibadip

Destined to be the Winner
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: November 2012

65nm. And it is not a score, it is the manufacturing process. Size of the smallest transistor used in making the processor. smaller process (32nm, 28nm) will require less power to operate and can hit higher frequency (Samsung's Exynos 4 is quad core yet require less power and run at 1.5Ghz+ on all 4 cores) but need a huge funding in designing SoC with such small transistor.

**** yaar.. I searched every thing on the net, and didn't find the answer, while the ans was there in the Most Comprehensive mobile guide ever.. My Bad :p

Anyways, my friend also told that lower the nm, better will be the power management. and then he said anything below 40/42 nm is very good. But considering the price range, and the fact that Lenovo provides 2500mah battery, the juice will certainly be left compared to other mobiles.!! What say??

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

these processors can be tweaked to use even less power. but that will need some kernel expert with time to compile and test the kernel. and as the clockspeed is low, the battery drain won't be high.

Shibadip

these processors can be tweaked to use even less power. but that will need some kernel expert with time to compile and test the kernel. and as the clockspeed is low, the battery drain won't be high.

You are saying that 1Ghz clockspeed as low!!!,

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

You are saying that 1Ghz clockspeed as low!!!,

compared to Exynos 4 & Tegra 3. They have more core + higher clock speed which requires more voltage.
i am sure someone has already pushed Note2's processor beyond 2Ghz, if only at single core.

Hrishi

Sam , would it be wise to upgrade from Atrix 4G to Samsung Galaxy S2 ?? I am basically looking for a higher performance boost , atleast 30-50%.
THough , I never faced any lag with it , but the Tegra 2 platform seems outdated , specially because of no drivers for ICS , and most apps are not optimised for Tegra 2 SoC.

Or are there any other phones , within 15-16k that surpasses Atrix ??

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

NVIDIA's Tegra Open-Source 2D Driver Code Is Ready for Developers. Guess you don't follow mobile news. So there is some hope that some devs will return or try to fix whatever is broken.

Hrishi

NVIDIA's Tegra Open-Source 2D Driver Code Is Ready for Developers. Guess you don't follow mobile news. So there is some hope that some devs will return or try to fix whatever is broken.

Well I was following couple of CUstom ROM developers at XDA for Tegra 2. Specially Emmerson Pinter.
Last time I checked they had no such news about 3.x kernel.(probably last week).
Most of th'm were trying very hard to port the XOOM 's code and some were trying from the leaked ICS. Although none of them were stable enough as far as GPU was concerned.

If the code released by Nvidia is meant for newer Android versions (Tegra 2), its definitely a very good news for those custom ROM devs and the Tegra 2 owners.

Thanks for the update , so chances are still there for a stable CM10. :)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: December 2012

^^ not available yet. Once it shows up, will add it.

BTW did some pretty major changes in the guide. Let me know if the new look is better or should i revert back to old one.

Shibadip

^^ not available yet. Once it shows up, will add it.

BTW did some pretty major changes in the guide. Let me know if the new look is better or should i revert back to old one.

Sam yaar, the changes that you have made to the current guide, is really helpfull, as we get a quick idea if the phone has good and updated features.
Keep up the good work

Shah

Cyborg Agent

@Sam: Blackberry Curve 9220 has 2MP camera without flash. Only BB Curve 9320 has 3.2MP camera with LED. Correct it, ASAP.

Shibadip

KOlkata members-
I will be buying Lenovo P 700i as I am impressed by the Specs of it, and planning to buy one.. Since i feel Lenove phones will b better than Karbonn or MMX, so i am leaning towards it. But, i'm unsure of how much of the service facilities can I get from Lenovo in KOLKATA.

Anyone having any idea of their service experience, please share..

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

won't recommend any Android with less than 512MB ram. If you can sell out more, like 9-10k then even better but for 6k, check the newly launched Karbonn A15. It has exactly same spec as A87 but with more memory.

arkadeep

Broken In
Mobile Buying Guide: December 2012

Could someone please help me decide between the SGS2 and the XPERIA S?

I'm torn between the superior processor on the GS2 and the brilliant screen on the XPERIA.

@Sam. Brilliant post. :)

Aerrow

Journeyman

Could someone please help me decide between the SGS2 and the XPERIA S?

I'm torn between the superior processor on the GS2 and the brilliant screen on the XPERIA.

@Sam. Brilliant post. :)

A gamer should go for s2. Another advantage is a better battery backup. But if movies and music is what u would use the phone for, definitely xperia s... a premium feel is an another adv. Ur call.

Top Bottom