The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Re: Mobile Buying Guide: December 2012

whats exactly the difference between lenovo p700i and s560 except Dolby sound in later????

rider

as Kratos

For all those who are looking for 30k+ phone. Get Galaxy SIII 16GB at infibeam.com store they are selling it for 32,039 INR with manufacture warranty and free 32GB SD Card + 50GB Dropbox Storage for free. Under cash for junk coupon REGREEN2012.

warrior047

In the zone

For all those who are looking for 30k+ phone. Get Galaxy SIII 16GB at infibeam.com store they are selling it for 32,039 INR with manufacture warranty and free 32GB SD Card + 50GB Dropbox Storage for free. Under cash for junk coupon REGREEN2012.

This seems to be expired...any other pls

Adnaan

Right off the assembly line

which mobile phone is better for gaming, internet, multimedia, entertainment in short which is the best phone

iphone 5 or samsung galaxy note 2. which is is the best for the above requirements.

rider

as Kratos

which mobile phone is better for gaming, internet, multimedia, entertainment in short which is the best phone

iphone 5 or samsung galaxy note 2. which is is the best for the above requirements.

Bothare great phones for above requirements. Take demo of both and buy whichever suits you.

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE

@Sam Any good texting phones to replicate the magic that was palm pixi plus?
Still Mourning the loss of my beloved pixi.There are no phones i have seen as intuitive as pixi and Android will still have miles to go to be as user friendly as WebOS

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@Sam Any good texting phones to replicate the magic that was palm pixi plus?
Still Mourning the loss of my beloved pixi.There are no phones i have seen as intuitive as pixi and Android will still have miles to go to be as user friendly as WebOS

HP PRE 3 16 gb with Touchstone Charger. Else only Galaxy Chat comes close to such a QWERTY + touchscreen device.

@Sam : Why is Samsung Galaxy S2 out of the list ? Its still a great phone. I got it @ 23.5k.....

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@Sam : Why is Samsung Galaxy S2 out of the list ? Its still a great phone. I got it @ 23.5k.....

1.5yr old mobile. if i keep old mobiles in the list that are still being sold in online portals and local shop, the guide will balloon to extreme size.

^Well what are you waiting for Root and install CM 10 :wink:

I don't have a good internet connection here @ Port Blair(Here even Broadband has many problems, but major one is downloads not completing :( ). I will root my phone after I get back to my college.(LAN in hostel :razz:)

@SAM : Your list is great, keep it up !!!

Last edited:

Adnaan

Right off the assembly line

Bothare great phones for above requirements. Take demo of both and buy whichever suits you.

but which one is the best i have tried both of those phones and i still cant decide which one to pick samsung note 2 or iphone 5. hence which is the best from these two.

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast

What are your thoughts on the lenovo p700i for a 12K budget?

@ Sam : I thought that the xperia u shipped with Android 2.3 Ginger Bread.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

What are your thoughts on the lenovo p700i for a 12K budget?

configuration wise, Lenovo nailed it but if you read GSMArena's hands on experience, it is bulky and worst UI. My concern is the build quality.

@ Sam : I thought that the xperia u shipped with Android 2.3 Ginger Bread.

Android 4.0 update for Xperia U has been released more than a month ago.

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast

So if I buy the xperia u now, then I can update it to ICS instantly? And how does the phone handle ICS?
As far as the p7000i is concerned, though it is my favourite of the bunch, I have read that the custom skin that lenovo uses on top of the stock UI is not very good, however GSM arena did say that it had very good build quality...
Which smartphone would you suggest in this price bracket?
One last question, is video calling over the network available in ICS?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

So if I buy the xperia u now, then I can update it to ICS instantly? And how does the phone handle ICS?

you'll need to download the update package that weight in at 350MB + Sony companion tool for flashing. Or take it to your nearest Sony service center where they'll do it for free.

As far as the p7000i is concerned, though it is my favourite of the bunch, I have read that the custom skin that lenovo uses on top of the stock UI is not very good, however GSM arena did say that it had very good build quality...

Android is all about customization. simply use any of the available launchers from Play Store.

Which smartphone would you suggest in this price bracket?

Xperia U if you are happy with 6GB memory and it has already received custom rom at XDA Forum. Lenovo mayn't get anything apart from root access.

One last question, is video calling over the network available in ICS?

AFAIK natively no. only over data.

Top Bottom