The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Hyderabad. Flipkart was offering fast delivery (40rs) for free.

Before GST hike, same model was 16k i guess

received Poco X2 yesterday. Camera is good.
After adding account problems started. Battery drains fast (sometimes, maybe because of background apps settings).
Solved by restricting many background apps.

MIUI on poco is too weird, after updating to new 11.0.10 camera error "can't connect to camera".

Solved, accidentally turned on 'sensors off' quick tile, tuned it off :rofl: (wasted too much data and time :-x )

Last edited:
received Poco X2 yesterday. Camera is good. After adding account problems started. Battery drains fast (sometimes, maybe because of background apps settings). MIUI on poco is too weird, after updating to new 11.0.10 camera error "can't connect to camera".
Do you have any solution for it? As of now trying to downgrade to 11.0.7
Try resetting the software once.

Hopefully you have disabled all app recommendations, if not follow some guide from xda.

khalil1210

In the zone
received Poco X2 yesterday. Camera is good. After adding account problems started. Battery drains fast (sometimes, maybe because of background apps settings). MIUI on poco is too weird, after updating to new 11.0.10 camera error "can't connect to camera".
Do you have any solution for it? As of now trying to downgrade to 11.0.7

I didn't face any issue on camera. May be before downgrading try some different camera or clear data.

Battery was draining for me a lot on first day. But from day 2 it was okay. I thought the drain was because of apps installing and installing backups.

Also uninstall all mi apps which you would not use and can be uninstalled ( mi credit. wallpaper carousel ) And disable notifications on get apps

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
@TigerKing Try these:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/ne...ement-due-to-water-damage.208231/post-2380893
yes did that ads removing thing after completing setup
I didn't face any issue on camera. May be before downgrading try some different camera or clear data.

Battery was draining for me a lot on first day. But from day 2 it was okay. I thought the drain was because of apps installing and installing backups.

Also uninstall all mi apps which you would not use and can be uninstalled ( mi credit. wallpaper carousel ) And disable notifications on get apps
camera issue was my fault completely.
I accidentally turned on "sensors off', now its fine.
Yes, setting up device was taking too much power thus drains battery

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
How do I disable mi apps from POCO X2?
- found link. I will try it and let you all know.
*forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7-pro/how-to/guide-remove-stock-apps-root-t3935438

- software works great. Disabled all annoying notification apps.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That tool is quite known there at xda, do make a note of all the apps you disable though because sometimes some update may cause issues with 1 or 2 disabled apps so you will at least know how to experiment in case of such issue.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Need mobile urgently..
Old suggestion note 9 pro max alternative..
Overall best in budget and better compared to 9 pro max?

Need mobile urgently..
Old suggestion note 9 pro max alternative..
Overall best in budget and better compared to 9 pro max?
M51 with discounts is going for under 20k, great phone.

Otherwise, there's Poco X3. Both have their bulkiness as a major disadvantage. I'd definitely recommend M51 over X3 because of AMOLED display, better battery life & One UI (M series has some recommendations but there are guides to help remove those).

For something easier to handle, get Realme 7 Pro.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
note9 pro pax cost about 17k for 6GB/64GB. best alternate can be Realme 6 Pro @ 18k. you would get some card offers too.
Old device

M51 with discounts is going for under 20k, great phone.

Otherwise, there's Poco X3. Both have their bulkiness as a major disadvantage. I'd definitely recommend M51 over X3 because of AMOLED display, better battery life & One UI (M series has some recommendations but there are guides to help remove those).

For something easier to handle, get Realme 7 Pro.

M51 High priced, battery is great but charging 25w not good.
Other than LCD I don't see any other disadvantage.
Bulkiness can be ignored.
Thank you all for suggestions.
Going with poco x3.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
How do I disable mi apps from POCO X2?
- found link. I will try it and let you all know.
*forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7-pro/how-to/guide-remove-stock-apps-root-t3935438

I need a list for uninstalling bloatwares from poco x3
Using "Xiaomi adb fastboot tools.jar"
Seems like Google took over miui 12 in poco..

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi,
I'm currently using a Lenovo Vibe K4 Note which I bought in 2016.
I'm now in urgent need of an upgrade.
I've narrowed down my choices in sub-20K budget to either Realme 6 Pro or Poco X3 as per GSMArena.
Am open to other mobile phones suggestions too.
Kindly suggest.

Hi,
I'm currently using a Lenovo Vibe K4 Note which I bought in 2016.
I'm now in urgent need of an upgrade.
I've narrowed down my choices in sub-20K budget to either Realme 6 Pro or Poco X3 as per GSMArena.
Am open to other mobile phones suggestions too.
Kindly suggest.
Avoid Realme 6 Pro at this point.

Realme 7 Pro is great if you want something premium looking which is easier to handle (due to lower weight & physical size).

Poco X3 is another great option for sure, but is bulkier. Also lacks AMOLED display but is 120Hz.

Samsung M51 has been on sale for 21-22k at times, best battery life phone which can be purchased in India.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is for an elderly person. I think it is alright then.

Recently I had the misfortune of buying Samsung M31s. I am a fairly tech literate person but I could not figure out how to avoid agreeing to get crapware installed on the phone. They have upended all the button conventions and made it impossible to understand how the options work. Luckily I came across a YouTube video by someone which explained these things. I had to redo the whole setup again.

Never again Samsung.

It is for an elderly person. I think it is alright then.

Recently I had the misfortune of buying Samsung M31s. I am a fairly tech literate person but I could not figure out how to avoid agreeing to get crapware installed on the phone. They have upended all the button conventions and made it impossible to understand how the options work. Luckily I came across a YouTube video by someone which explained these things. I had to redo the whole setup again.

Never again Samsung.
It's annoying but most people don't do it, so companies profit. My cousin bought M51 & I sent that video before the first setup, still, she didn't do it. I straight off said to never come to me for any ad-related issue. I mean it's just unchecking some buttons but not having the option to do it after the first setup is bad. Sadly not much options for budget phone buyers as Xiaomi has a worse ad situation but can be rectified after first setup & advanced users can clean it up a lot. I'm expecting Realme to follow Xiaomi's footprints.

What is your opinion about Moto G 9 and G 9 Power? Is it worth buying? Any alternative without ad infestation?
Micromax in note 1 seems decent. Just an HD display is a downside for Moto:
Compare Micromax In note 1 vs. Motorola Moto G9 Power vs. Motorola Moto G9 (India) - GSMArena.com

Top Bottom