The Blogger's Thread

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
most of the list seem to be tech blogs to me
all so good and professional. few need to see and check how the templates are on widescreen monitors, but apart from that no problems. How do you guys come up with the titles for these posts?

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I use Google adwords for keyword researching. It works like a charm.
BTW can you guys review our blogs for improvement.? Constructive criticism is much helpful.

Hrishi

all so good and professional. few need to see and check how the templates are on widescreen monitors, but apart from that no problems. How do you guys come up with the titles for these posts?
Mine seems good in wide screen.
I need to work on a mobile friendly version of it.
I have used WPtouch plugin , but doesn't gives much information in mobile view. Not good from SEO point of view , I think.

Plus , the most difficult thing I find is finding a less competitive keyword to write about.
Most of the ones I target are overly exploited.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

This is the reason, I couldn't start blogging for many years. I never got something to contribute on my own :(

doom

Journeyman
I started a blog just recently.
Withoutfurtherdelay.blogspot.com

Just have a total of 3 posts as of now. Will try to give reviews about movies, games, gadgets and maybe write something about topics of interest.

Feedback, comments, suggestions are welcome on how to improve the content and visibility.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Just have a total of 3 posts as of now. Will try to give reviews about movies, games, gadgets and maybe write something about topics of interest.

Feedback, comments, suggestions are welcome on how to improve the content and visibility.

Nice start. I'd suggest you to go ahead with Wordpress nowadays instead of Blogger.

On a side note, I have added another post of my recent trip to Lava, Loleygaon, Rishyap, Kolakham and Neora Valley - A Holiday At Lava - Lolegaon - Rishap - Kolakham - Krishnandu Sarkar

doom

Journeyman
Nice start. I'd suggest you to go ahead with Wordpress nowadays instead of Blogger.

On a side note, I have added another post of my recent trip to Lava, Loleygaon, Rishyap, Kolakham and Neora Valley - A Holiday At Lava - Lolegaon - Rishap - Kolakham - Krishnandu Sarkar
I started on blogger as I was thinking of monetizing my blog in near future with AdSense. AFAIK this can't be done in WordPress until I pay a fees.
Thanks for the feedback.

TheHumanBot

Padawan

don't monetize personal blog. build your blog build audience and sell banners space, add affiliate banners of hosting companies works good. post reviews about wordpress themes, plugins and stuff add affiliate links. make your reviews so good anyone with credit card just can't help but buy through your affiliate link.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine seems good in wide screen.
I need to work on a mobile friendly version of it.
I have used WPtouch plugin , but doesn't gives much information in mobile view. Not good from SEO point of view , I think.

Plus , the most difficult thing I find is finding a less competitive keyword to write about.
Most of the ones I target are overly exploited.

less competitive keywords are called 'Long tail keywords' which pure gold than the keywords main stream people target. in short 1 keyword that combined of 3 words or more.

for example. golf is large market you can not just rank for it. so we add one more word golf clubs still can't rank. nike golf clubs can be. kids golf clubs. you see you here, what i am talking about. you just have to dig down keywords.

suppose you are posting about 'flashing android device' it's hard to rank for this but you can easily rank for " flashing Xioami Redmi 1s phone"

hope you et the point here.

- - - Updated - - -

This tool can help you get started, i don't find these titles SEO optimized but you get the idea from here. : *www.portent.com/tools/title-maker

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wrote a new article about installing Packages in Ubuntu, part 7 of a series on Ubuntu articles:
Concept of Installing Applications in Ubuntu | Vineet Kumar

Added blog of doom in 2nd post. Also added the link to [MENTION=53760]TheHumanBot[/MENTION]'s post on keywords in first post. It's good.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION], is indiblogger really worth it? I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work. So any tips from your side?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION], is indiblogger really worth it? I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work. So any tips from your side?
What do you mean is it worth it? It's a social network for bloggers. You can talk with like minded people, follow each other and share your new posts and read other's posts. Also it has its own forum. There's always some contests going around in some or the other way. Good thing is its only for Indian bloggers. So it always feel familiar and is based on themes of India.

In fact, this thread was inspired by Indiblogger only.

But you need a few posts on your blog before your blog can be approved.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
What do you mean is it worth it? It's a social network for bloggers. You can talk with like minded people, follow each other and share your new posts and read other's posts. Also it has its own forum. There's always some contests going around in some or the other way. Good thing is its only for Indian bloggers. So it always feel familiar and is based on themes of India.

In fact, this thread was inspired by Indiblogger only.

But you need a few posts on your blog before your blog can be approved.
But I think it not that good for professional bloggers, mainly tech bloggers to Promote their posts.. But for personal blogs, it works the best.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But I think it not that good for professional bloggers, mainly tech bloggers to Promote their posts.. But for personal blogs, it works the best.

I wouldn't say that. Indiblogger isn't something you are "required" to join. That's completely once own interest.

I would state one case in point tho: Digital Inspiration - Howto Guides & Software Tutorials. This author of this blog is featured in many tech sites, including Lifehacker, Forbes, Outlook, NBC, NDTV, Wired etc.. still the guy Amit Agarwal posts on Indiblogger. I guess when it comes to blogging, more the readers the better.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
you are dealing with Indians so if you can't contribute or do something in return for them, chances are you won't get much help.
contact other blogs non-Indians they're really friendly and will accept your offer, you still have to do something in return but they won't ask for your arms or legs :lol:

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
you are dealing with Indians so if you can't contribute or do something in return for them, chances are you won't get much help.
contact other blogs non-Indians they're really friendly and will accept your offer, you still have to do something in return but they won't ask for your arms or legs :lol:
Well, it's not the same case for every Indian. I know many Indians who help others mostly on Facebook and by organising hangouts...

Last edited:
Top Bottom