The Big Billion Day - Flipkart - All Deals and Offers

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
i couldn't decide between the two because of you all guys :cry:

[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION],did you read reviews before deciding on 650.from whatever little i read it seems 7770 is better in many games & just for future reference never consider more than 1gb memory in below 10000 cards a significant advantage.GTX650Ti is better than 7770 but not non-Ti version.

I'm not gonna listen to any of you people ...before purchasing asked for help , nobody came by so went with my heart...2GB DDR5 was always going to look better than 1GB DDR5.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Moto X+1 Order confirmed by seller :-D in morning...will review in forum if possible.

So Exchange means shud we give Accessories(Charger+ Earphone) with phone as well?

I don't have working charger :lol:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Anyone with some basic to intermediate technical knowledge, or even moderate experience of surfing internet and how online shopping works, should have knowledge enough to know that no site works this way. FK is saying that they were having geniune sale and due to high demand, product went out of stock. But this was not the case. I have personally seen that product appear to show in steal deal for for almost all people i met and as and when they clicked it, it went out of stock. Now this happened during different point of time of day. ???????

FK is a very big site and they have learned how to make people fool. (Even I am not spared) It was a very well designed scam and i am 100% sure, if anything of this sort would have happened in USA or Europe the company responsible woule be taken to court for misleading and cheating people.

But its good for Amazon and Snapdeal, they will also learn a lesson now, and wont to anything stupid. (Especially Amazon is very good company and best prices every), FK actually dug their own grave.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, deleted all my info on Flipkart and Deactivated account now. Bye Bye FK

- - - Updated - - -

[YOUTUBE]8CBJq7RscNc[/YOUTUBE]

amjath

Human Spambot
Moto X+1 Order confirmed by seller :-D in morning...will review in forum if possible.

So Exchange means shud we give Accessories(Charger+ Earphone) with phone as well?

I don't have working charger :lol:
They won't check just give it to them. My friend exchanged his 620 to nexus 5, the shopkeeper asked him to give the cheapest non working earphone :lol:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION],the 1st time i saw your post was when posting my reply :) now as for advice i suggest the age old adage "listen to others but apply your own mind".I am not even a gamer(i bought the card only for madvr processing) & yet i read many articles to decide 7770 is best within my budget.Just type nvidia GTX650 review in google & most reviews will either be of GTX 650Ti or saying GTX 650Ti is much better than GTX 650.This should tell you something about the card.Similarly if you had read extensively about graphics card(should be more interesting than your text books) you would know that more ram only helps if the core of graphics card is powerful enough to utilize it.Understand it like this:an 8gb intel atom system will still be beaten by a 4gb core i3 system.Anyway i am not criticizing your decision because performance difference between 7770 & GTX 650 is not huge & GTX650 does consume lesser power.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 And 660 Review: Kepler At $110 And $230 - GeForce GTX 650: Filling In The Gaps
note that 7770 is not even in test as in author's words "The real performance boost comes from the GDDR5, which offers two times the bandwidth per clock cycle than DDR3. This improvement is key to the GeForce GTX 650's potential to compete with AMD's Radeon HD 7750"

Flash

Lost in speed
[MENTION=72751]Skyh3ck[/MENTION] Thanks for sharing that. I never expected flipkart to behave like this!
I don't know whether they intentionally did that 10% offer on PS4 as ~38K (actual being ~39k) or a coding mishap!

- - - Updated - - -

they will probably bring it back again
You're right.
Yesterday, it said "Permanently discontinued" and now it says "Coming soon!".

Fraudkart!! :hammer:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Saw this on Facebook :lol:
Warning: long post

An open letter to Sachin and Binny Bansal (Flipkart)

Dear Mr. Out Of Stock, Thank you for offering "The Big Billion Day" sale. Today is the 6th of October, 2014 and it's a day when you offered the biggest sale. Let's start from the top. MY whole intent of writing this letter to you is to make you understand that you need a bigger warehouse and trust me on that because it is said to be believed that today is your biggest sale offering and most of your sale products(which you advertised) went out of stock in less than a minute!

I mean were you offering only 0.0001% of your stock of that product on sale? You were offering some phones at Re 1 and some at Rs 900. How many pieces of those handsets were being offered at the sale price? 1 or 10 or 100? Okay, for an instance let me believe that my net connection was slow(which is not the case) and I missed out of deals. But when I went to purchase a Macbook Pro which you were offering at Rs 49.5k your website did not allow me to put the item in my cart. After a lot of tries I get to see a page Error 500: Internal sever error where you are calling Houston trying to act smart!

Ah well! Let me tell you that I did not give up and tried refreshing a lot of times and finally went to the cart page. This took me about 5 minutes. Then surprisingly I see my cart is empty even though I had put the item in my cart. And after several attempts when I was able to checkout I see that you are showing that item, Out of Stock! What are you trying to do here?

Steal Deals!!! Steal Deals!!! Steal Deals!!!

What is there to steal in it when the same item is available at a lower price on your competitors website(Amazon this time) even though they are not making a GAGA about the discounts! The Canon 1200D with dual lens which you were offering at around Rs 26.5k today was being offered by Amazon.in at Rs 20.5k.Same with Apple MacBook Air and other products. I don't know why are you trying to fool us!

On 4th October 2014 I got a mail from both of you saying a few emotional lines about the start-up and how this will be big sale. You forgot to mention that it's not a big sale, it is a sale which goes out of stock in 1-3 seconds.

Btw, your marketing guy is doing a great job! Super great job! Think of naming your next sale as, India's biggest out of stock sale in 1 second! Do fire your supply chain guy. He hasn't done his homework to predict the sales and I am sure he has failed a lot of times seeing my news feed about how Red Mi and Mi3 goes out of stock in seconds!

Yours sincerely,
A "Flipkart First" customer
To all those who could connect with this letter, please go ahead and share it. Don't worry. This letter won't go out of stock! And while sharing, make your privacy settings public for this post so that all the customers can see it because they could not have the privilege to see the products in their cart.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION],the 1st time i saw your post was when posting my reply :) now as for advice i suggest the age old adage "listen to others but apply your own mind".I am not even a gamer(i bought the card only for madvr processing) & yet i read many articles to decide 7770 is best within my budget.Just type nvidia GTX650 review in google & most reviews will either be of GTX 650Ti or saying GTX 650Ti is much better than GTX 650.This should tell you something about the card.Similarly if you had read extensively about graphics card(should be more interesting than your text books) you would know that more ram only helps if the core of graphics card is powerful enough to utilize it.Understand it like this:an 8gb intel atom system will still be beaten by a 4gb core i3 system.Anyway i am not criticizing your decision because performance difference between 7770 & GTX 650 is not huge & GTX650 does consume lesser power.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 And 660 Review: Kepler At $110 And $230 - GeForce GTX 650: Filling In The Gaps
note that 7770 is not even in test as in author's words "The real performance boost comes from the GDDR5, which offers two times the bandwidth per clock cycle than DDR3. This improvement is key to the GeForce GTX 650's potential to compete with AMD's Radeon HD 7750"

Clock cycle of gt650 is more than HD 7770
It seems i have been screwed up once again by paying more ..why do these companies make fools of us..i kept thinking to choose between the two for hours , its like i have found how to screw up ur money..i dont wanna live anymore

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never just look at technical specs.A recent 2.0GHz Pentium dual core can beat any 3Ghz core2duo because of architectural advantage.Always look at game benchmarks(especially min fps & not just avg fps) for any card in a review by major sites like anandtech,tomshardware,guru3d etc.Anyway no need to be disappointed,just play some games in a bit lower settings.:)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Saw this on Facebook :lol:
Warning: long post

An open letter to Sachin and Binny Bansal (Flipkart)

Dear Mr. Out Of Stock, Thank you for offering "The Big Billion Day" sale. Today is the 6th of October, 2014 and it's a day when you offered the biggest sale. Let's start from the top. MY whole intent of writing this letter to you is to make you understand that you need a bigger warehouse and trust me on that because it is said to be believed that today is your biggest sale offering and most of your sale products(which you advertised) went out of stock in less than a minute!

I mean were you offering only 0.0001% of your stock of that product on sale? You were offering some phones at Re 1 and some at Rs 900. How many pieces of those handsets were being offered at the sale price? 1 or 10 or 100? Okay, for an instance let me believe that my net connection was slow(which is not the case) and I missed out of deals. But when I went to purchase a Macbook Pro which you were offering at Rs 49.5k your website did not allow me to put the item in my cart. After a lot of tries I get to see a page Error 500: Internal sever error where you are calling Houston trying to act smart!

Ah well! Let me tell you that I did not give up and tried refreshing a lot of times and finally went to the cart page. This took me about 5 minutes. Then surprisingly I see my cart is empty even though I had put the item in my cart. And after several attempts when I was able to checkout I see that you are showing that item, Out of Stock! What are you trying to do here?

Steal Deals!!! Steal Deals!!! Steal Deals!!!

What is there to steal in it when the same item is available at a lower price on your competitors website(Amazon this time) even though they are not making a GAGA about the discounts! The Canon 1200D with dual lens which you were offering at around Rs 26.5k today was being offered by Amazon.in at Rs 20.5k.Same with Apple MacBook Air and other products. I don't know why are you trying to fool us!

On 4th October 2014 I got a mail from both of you saying a few emotional lines about the start-up and how this will be big sale. You forgot to mention that it's not a big sale, it is a sale which goes out of stock in 1-3 seconds.

Btw, your marketing guy is doing a great job! Super great job! Think of naming your next sale as, India's biggest out of stock sale in 1 second! Do fire your supply chain guy. He hasn't done his homework to predict the sales and I am sure he has failed a lot of times seeing my news feed about how Red Mi and Mi3 goes out of stock in seconds!

Yours sincerely,
A "Flipkart First" customer
To all those who could connect with this letter, please go ahead and share it. Don't worry. This letter won't go out of stock! And while sharing, make your privacy settings public for this post so that all the customers can see it because they could not have the privilege to see the products in their cart.
Just two points to whoever wrote that letter -
1. There was an option to quickbuy any item. You didn't need to add that thing in your cart, you'll directly be taken to the payment page, I guess that dude who wrote the letter never knew about that.
2. Did anyone expect those Steal Deals? No. Did anyone here think they would get to see a Lumia 525 at .9k? No. Let's assume they had only a 100 pieces in sale of that. So they went into ~800k loss on the Lumia Sale. On the tab 2 sale, they went into ~18k loss per piece, assuming there 100 pieces of that, they went into 800k loss on that. Well that alone adds up to 1600k. There were the HDD then the Nokia X deal and many more. Imagine even if there were only 100 units of those, how much loss they suffered. And yes the deals existed. Some people have reported getting it. It's not your mom buying you gifts for Christmas, its businesses.

Complaining about prices? Inflation? Well after the discount the prices went lower than the competitors'. They are higher than the competitors? You are free to buy from the competitor, no need to ***** about it everywhere. No need to say a tthiusand tines you hate FK just because you couldn't get a deal you didn't expect and just cause you weren't informed.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I love Flipkart, I loved them to core to be quite honest, but people are not getting the point. They boasted about that "Big Billion Day" thingy, no, I, or anyone didn't expect those Steal Deals, I mean those 1k rupees phones etc, but the thing is there was no need to do that. That utterly stupid thing is the reason why people are badmouthing them. Who wanted a Lumia 520 at 900 rupees? They could have just cut the price by say something like 30-35%, and then make it available for one hour, or half an hour or whatever, but the important thing is people who have added the items in their cart, they should have been able to purchase the items successfully. What kind of nonsense is that, where items go disappear from the cart all by itself? And that Quick Buy option just redirected to bank's website to pay, then it would not connect. Those two options were there in BIG BOLD marking, its crazy if someone thinks one didn't see or use that option!
It was pure lottery what happened on 6th, they could have said it like that, "Big Lottery Day", or "Try Your Luck" day or something, but they didn't, so it's entirely their fault.

The only wise deals were, the Lumia 1020 at 19k (I don't care about the 14k offer as maybe a dozen or less people were able to get it actually), the Moto E at 5499, the 8k rupees exchange offer with old phones like E7, S2 etc for the new Moto X, and maybe the Moto G offer. Other than these (mostly) nothing was there. Now was that worthy of bragging from one week before, hey look something big is coming, which will change the online sale into a whole new level? Well ask yourself.

It did change something though :|

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I love Flipkart, I loved them to core to be quite honest, but people are not getting the point. They boasted about that "Big Billion Day" thingy, no, I, or anyone didn't expect those Steal Deals, I mean those 1k rupees phones etc, but the thing is there was no need to do that. That utterly stupid thing is the reason why people are badmouthing them. Who wanted a Lumia 520 at 900 rupees? They could have just cut the price by say something like 30-35%, and then make it available for one hour, or half an hour or whatever, but the important thing is people who have added the items in their cart, they should have been able to purchase the items successfully. What kind of nonsense is that, where items go disappear from the cart all by itself? And that Quick Buy option just redirected to bank's website to pay, then it would not connect. Those two options were there in BIG BOLD marking, its crazy if someone thinks one didn't see or use that option!
It was pure lottery what happened on 6th, they could have said it like that, "Big Lottery Day", or "Try Your Luck" day or something, but they didn't, so it's entirely their fault.

The only wise deals were, the Lumia 1020 at 19k (I don't care about the 14k offer as maybe a dozen or less people were able to get it actually), the Moto E at 5499, the 8k rupees exchange offer with old phones like E7, S2 etc for the new Moto X, and maybe the Moto G offer. Other than these (mostly) nothing was there. Now was that worthy of bragging from one week before, hey look something big is coming, which will change the online sale into a whole new level? Well ask yourself.

It did change something though :|

"Business and Hype."
I have friends who have ordered almost nothing from Flipkart but when they saw those deals in the newspaper, they were like super hyped. They never ordered a thing from FK but ended up buying ~2-3k stuff in the BBDS.
And there were other deals too other than in electronics and mobiles.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Anybody affected with this sale can log an FIR or report to consumer court for following such malpractices :evil:

beingGamer

In the zone
I had added a Nexus 5 on my cart on BBD and i just checked the cart and it said sorry the item got out of stock :D
my cart is empty.

Top Bottom