The Big Billion Day - Flipkart - All Deals and Offers

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
And that Quick Buy option just redirected to bank's website to pay, then it would not connect.
1. Isn't that the bank's fault?
2. COD. Why didn't youbuse COD when you faced that problem? I bought everything in COD, didn't have any problems.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The letter reads honest and most of the points made appear to be correct. So let us give the benefit of doubt to Flipkart here and hope they will implement the promises made in this letter before the next sale.
Then Fk should sell its Digiflip Pro XT911 Tablet at 70% Discount...that will at least provide relief to us.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
They will probably bring in rule, but if flipkart get's banned or something say good bye to low priced motos and xiaomi :/

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Amazon will take control of the exclusivity :D and never have such BS flash sales

I'm just worried if any such things happen will our Motos be priced the same? if sold locally xD I mean i guess they can be -_- flipkart is having a monopoly which is against marketing ethics, they easily make a good profit of 1-2k per piece

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
actually flipkart deserves credit for normal occasions because they usually have original products and very polite staff(from my experience)
even in my native place-Mangalore,my family there loves flipkart more than amazon and dont mind paying the premium because of excellent service from flipkart
the big billion steal deals etc were of course a gimmick or whatever but lets face it guys they nearly always do a great job
the only thing which annoys me about the whole ordeal is when my cart went empty all of a sudden,now when i go to buy the products they are priced much much higher than before the sale or are out of stock
i even thought i might buy that sandisk 16gb ultra class 10 for a higher price but when i saw amazon offering it at 514 bucks and free delivery within 4 days( i took the one day delivery for 99 bucks more anyway) whereas flipkart was giving it by 19th,i decided amazon was a better choice

ithehappy

Human Spambot
actually flipkart deserves credit for normal occasions because they usually have original products and very polite staff(from my experience)
even in my native place-Mangalore,my family there loves flipkart more than amazon and dont mind paying the premium because of excellent service from flipkart
the big billion steal deals etc were of course a gimmick or whatever but lets face it guys they nearly always do a great job
the only thing which annoys me about the whole ordeal is when my cart went empty all of a sudden,now when i go to buy the products they are priced much much higher than before the sale or are out of stock
i even thought i might buy that sandisk 16gb ultra class 10 for a higher price but when i saw amazon offering it at 514 bucks and free delivery within 4 days( i took the one day delivery for 99 bucks more anyway) whereas flipkart was giving it by 19th,i decided amazon was a better choice
Yes, this is right. Flipkart's CC is brilliant and shipping is phenomenal. Pricing is very good too. So they have a high standard and peoples expectation are extremely high from Flipkart. But this so called messy sale didn't go with their character. You have high standard, you gotta maintain that. Even a tiniest deviation from usual track might cause in huge amount of trouble.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Even being a disgruntled customer, I say that let Flipkart exist...that is for the benefit of ours' sake.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Flipkart was/is a total exception to Indian businesses particularly online ones in the field of customer care and for that alone they deserve respect. I have had the misfortune of dealing with other sites such as Indiaplaza, Rediff, Indiatimes shopping, SnapDeal (cousins' experience) where as long as things go well everything is fine but if something goes wrong with shipping, product, payment etc - god only help you because the customer care is not reachable or you will get a template response promising response in 48 hours and a call back but nothing actually happens ever. Flipkart customer care used to be different, if they promise to solve your problem and call back in 48 hours, they actually would within 12 hours sometimes even just one hour! I have never had any problem with them as such. With the growing number of customers however this aspect seems to have gone down a bit but still it is tolerable. At the same time things have supposedly improved with SnapDeal as per reports here in this forum.

Flipkart is ultimately a business that has to survive competition from regular retailers and other online well funded retailers. So they have to do something to remain relevant and competitive. They cannot forever depend on investor money to fund their business. So they are looking to innovate. There are bound to be some missteps here and there. Considering their public apology that acknowledges what went wrong and also listing almost all the main complaints that appeared in social media, I am willing to forgive them and stay with them. Just keep your eyes open and buy if the benefits of being with Flipkart outweigh the price disadvantage.

Happy shopping!

kg11sgbg

True to your words. Flipkart CC(Customer Care) are exceptionally good,polite and utmost helpful while dealing with problems,issues and even transactions normally. I had also similar experience with Snapdeal,no problems till far.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
ive not tried snapdeal yet, in fact this is the second time im ordering off amazon tomorrow
first time was for two hhds

daemon1

Journeyman
Honestly, what makes you guys think that FK will be stopped or closed? Practically, they can not be stopped. If at all commerce ministry is looking at the complaints from retailers they may face a warning or worst some fine (which is also a far fetched dream).

Mostly people have complained that they were not able to get the deals as promised but that happens with everyone be it Amazon or Snapdeal. No one has unlimited stock of any deal. The only difference is that since they are not giving heavy discounts (ex 99 for a phone or 1 for 16 gb pen drive) they can give more people discounted products.
I also didn't get any steal deal from the FK but its OK (although I purchased many things at close to 50% discount). I know some one close who managed to get phone for 700 (Nokia X). Just because I didn't get the deal doesn't mean I will never shop from the FK. They have been giving heavy discounts for most of the products throughout the year so its all right if they couldn't satisfy everyone, no one can.

I have also seen many sites but no one comes even close to what service and return FK gives. As rightly pointed out by sling-shot, you will only realize once you are caught in some issue.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Honestly, what makes you guys think that FK will be stopped or closed? Practically, they can not be stopped. If at all commerce ministry is looking at the complaints from retailers they may face a warning or worst some fine (which is also a far fetched dream).

Mostly people have complained that they were not able to get the deals as promised but that happens with everyone be it Amazon or Snapdeal. No one has unlimited stock of any deal. The only difference is that since they are not giving heavy discounts (ex 99 for a phone or 1 for 16 gb pen drive) they can give more people discounted products.
I also didn't get any steal deal from the FK but its OK (although I purchased many things at close to 50% discount). I know some one close who managed to get phone for 700 (Nokia X). Just because I didn't get the deal doesn't mean I will never shop from the FK. They have been giving heavy discounts for most of the products throughout the year so its all right if they couldn't satisfy everyone, no one can.

I have also seen many sites but no one comes even close to what service and return FK gives. As rightly pointed out by sling-shot, you will only realize once you are caught in some issue.

:lol: amazon and snapdeal have same products (leaving the exclusive launches) at lower prices, on an average.

daemon1

Journeyman
:lol: amazon and snapdeal have same products (leaving the exclusive launches) at lower prices, on an average.
Get caught in some issue with SnapDeal and you will get the answer. They absolutely have no control on their sellers. They are next eBay in the making. Initially I didn't complain with SD as give them some proof and they will accept the return but the percentage is just to high of returns. Why should I waste my time in calling and making arrangements for returns? I prefer giving 1000 extra to FK for mann ki Shanti!

Amazon I agree is better then SD but I am yet to test them on returns or issues so can't comment. Moreover, the discount depends on products, I can give many examples where price is high in Amazon and SD and less in FK.

kg11sgbg

Get caught in some issue with SnapDeal and you will get the answer. They absolutely have no control on their sellers. They are next eBay in the making. Initially I didn't complain with SD as give them some proof and they will accept the return but the percentage is just to high of returns. Why should I waste my time in calling and making arrangements for returns? I prefer giving 1000 extra to FK for mann ki Shanti!

Amazon I agree is better then SD but I am yet to test them on returns or issues so can't comment. Moreover, the discount depends on products, I can give many examples where price is high in Amazon and SD and less in FK.

More or less all these online sites are on the same boat or on the same branch...

Top Bottom