The best broadband offers available across India

U guyz are so lucky.
In the country i live,
the max connection we get for residential use is 384 kbps, which means 48kb/s when downloading.
And service costs around 1000rs. and monthly bill goes upto 4000rs. I download so much. more than 30 gigs.

Does the broadband in India vary a lot depending on location?
Whats the max speeds u guyz get wen u download stuff

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
u have 1000rs for unlimited dwnload at 256kbps connection....good enuf for unlimited....download speeds r decent wit arnd 20-30KBps....

Enjoy~!

iamsandeep

Right off the assembly line
chill out guys ..here's the good news...

*www.chip-india.com/townsquare/viewtopic.php?t=25667&sid=198d6e11be23601ec40b87af86bcbf43

it's a matter of time that we'll be using 40gbps network speed ;)

& right now i'm using Bsnl brodband 2mbps-256 kbps line [i donno exactly what's the skeam]

i get 20-28 kbps stedy speed the cost is 900 rs pm [phone calls extra but no need for the phone keeping charge it's included]

here's the details of my last year's download..

//Home-900
//start date ->2006-09-21
//today ->2007-07-24
//download-> 236058887.97 kb[225.12 gb]
//upload-> 77763703.15 KB[75.84 gb]
//total-> 313822591.12 KB[305.46 gb]//

so as u can see i'm not happy but satisfied with the performance& i lieve in a very small town in india,west bengal, buddwan,asansol...the town is know as chittaranjan...[it's asia's biggest locomotive workshop]......

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
iamsandeep said:
chill out guys ..here's the good news...

*www.chip-india.com/townsquare/viewtopic.php?t=25667&sid=198d6e11be23601ec40b87af86bcbf43

it's a matter of time that we'll be using 40gbps network speed ;)
Are you dreaming? People arent getting even 1 mbps unlimited plan in India.And you are dreaming of 40gbps in India. :shock:

iamsandeep

gaurav_indian said:
Are you dreaming? People arent getting even 1 mbps unlimited plan in India.And you are dreaming of 40gbps in India. :shock:

well ya gourav i like to dream of that day......tell me 1 thing 5 yrs ago bluetooth was a dream too...20-30 yrs ago computer was a dream too then why shouldn't i dream....i know the reality ..but what wrong with hoping the best.......:eek:

codred

Broken In
*www.thinkdigit.com/index.php?action=article&prodid=652

check this out... u'll come to know how broadband is bought n sold & distributed in india.

iamsandeep

well nice link we hav there...it's really cool to hear that for the reasons mentioned in that post we can expect to hav increase in the speed in recent future...which is really good..

djsinging2k2

shadowslayer2008 said:
U guyz are so lucky.
In the country i live,
the max connection we get for residential use is 384 kbps, which means 48kb/s when downloading.
And service costs around 1000rs. and monthly bill goes upto 4000rs. I download so much. more than 30 gigs.

Does the broadband in India vary a lot depending on location?
Whats the max speeds u guyz get wen u download stuff

u staying i nhell or what??

4K bill leave that place and come t osum other city heheh

harish_21_10

In the zone
has anyone tried Tataindicom Broadband in Hyderabad?if yes then do let me know because i will be either going for BSNL or Tataindicom for broadband unlimited as Airtel is not available in my area...please advice

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
harish_21_10 said:
has anyone tried Tataindicom Broadband in Hyderabad?if yes then do let me know because i will be either going for BSNL or Tataindicom for broadband unlimited as Airtel is not available in my area...please advice
If you have to select b/w Tata BB and BSNL BB..than certainly go for BSNL BB.

Can anyone suggest a good (read cheap) net connection in delhi. I live at rohini and currently using TATA INDICOM 64 kbps unlimited plan which costs 2627 Rs for 6 months ( roughly 438 per month) and its going to expire in october .............

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i heard airtel bb in delhi is also decent n bsnl bb anyday rox....

ps: hws ur download speed wit tataindicom 64kbps?

Enjoy~!

rayne

Broken In
harish_21_10 said:

If you apply for BSNL broadband now, Im pretty sure that your application will be passed by december and your connection would be setup by feburary :)
thats the fate of BSNL Broadband in twincites as of now.

Airtel and Reliance are pretty good ones. But they wont lay a cable just for you (Unless you pay them double the installation charge).

Tata Indicom broadband was ok but i think its a bit costly. i had 128kbps unlimited for rs. 980 per month and all i could get was 15kbps.

and theres another Internet Provider (supplier) InCable or Aksh Internet (www.aksh.in) if your local operator maintains the cables in fit condition, this internet owns all! (ive downloaded 4GB data in 2hours)

speedyguy said:
i heard airtel bb in delhi is also decent n bsnl bb anyday rox....

ps: hws ur download speed wit tataindicom 64kbps?

Enjoy~!

I dont think that Bsnl BB is available in Delhi and Mumbai ....... and i have to look for airtel BB in my area. And my download speeds fluctuate b/w 6-10 KBps ...but generally its constant around 7-8 KBps ......... y did u asked ?

iamsandeep

rayne said:
If you apply for BSNL broadband now, Im pretty sure that your application will be passed by december and your connection would be setup by feburary :)
thats the fate of BSNL Broadband in twincites as of now.
rayne said:
and theres another Internet Provider (supplier) InCable or Aksh Internet (www.aksh.in) if your local operator maintains the cables in fit condition, this internet owns all! (ive downloaded 4GB data in 2hours)
Bsnl BB gives connection within 5...max 7 days .....where do u live ..in mars?

4gb in 2 hrs -[587 kbps] -------------------- :confused: man amazing...........even i can download max 1 gb a day :(........if u get this much speed constantly.......i suggest every 1 to take this plan .....:cool:

summit.nayak

NOT a Fresh Stock
I think that the Incash and Aksh plans are for Andhra Pradesh only or else BSNL and TATA BB application boxes would just go emty:D

royal

Padawan
This is slightly off-topic but felt I should share with u guys...I am currently in a 16 MBps connection. :cool: I have bought 3 months RS premium account and I fully utilize the max. 25 GB download limit in 5 days :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
royal said:
This is slightly off-topic but felt I should share with u guys...I am currently in a 16 MBps connection. :cool: I have bought 3 months RS premium account and I fully utilize the max. 25 GB download limit in 5 days :D
gr8...........but U r a UK resident.We cant enjoy such service in India

sandeepk

Journeyman
ISP: Tata Indicom Broadband
City:pune
Plan Name: Quick Power 180
Speed Offered: 2 mbps
Usage Limitation (hrs): 180 for 3 months
Validity: 3 months
Price: 1,922 [with service tax]
Additional Packge: Night Unlimited at Rs.99/month for 9pm-9am.

I am getting 2mbps speed all the time. Though customer service is not that good but it is okay. Downtime is very limited. I am able to download 2GB/day with surfing of only 3hrs per day (Can't rely on electricity board for keeping the computer on whole night!!)

Top Bottom