The awesome looking Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
it is the main theme of ubuntu (all the LINUX)
enjoy the free beautiful gorgeous looking loving virus free OS

i proud of u guys but if u ve root pass can u tell which file it has ---------

check this out in ubuntu -type this in terminal

cd /etc/passwd and check in

cd /etc/sys.config

if u want know about know abt ubuntu that is not full linux try web server , crontab option then its completely not redhat nash version

suse and fedora are the full linux pakage content

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
linux is not virus proof but its average user savior :p
By average I mean people like me :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i proud of u guys but if u ve root pass can u tell which file it has ---------

check this out in ubuntu -type this in terminal

cd /etc/passwd and check in

cd /etc/sys.config

if u want know about know abt ubuntu that is not full linux try web server , crontab option then its completely not redhat nash version

suse and fedora are the full linux pakage content

Code:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
daemon:x:1:1:daemon:/usr/sbin:/bin/sh
bin:x:2:2:bin:/bin:/bin/sh
sys:x:3:3:sys:/dev:/bin/sh
sync:x:4:65534:sync:/bin:/bin/sync
games:x:5:60:games:/usr/games:/bin/sh
man:x:6:12:man:/var/cache/man:/bin/sh
lp:x:7:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/bin/sh
mail:x:8:8:mail:/var/mail:/bin/sh
news:x:9:9:news:/var/spool/news:/bin/sh
uucp:x:10:10:uucp:/var/spool/uucp:/bin/sh
proxy:x:13:13:proxy:/bin:/bin/sh
www-data:x:33:33:www-data:/var/www:/bin/sh
backup:x:34:34:backup:/var/backups:/bin/sh
list:x:38:38:Mailing List Manager:/var/list:/bin/sh
irc:x:39:39:ircd:/var/run/ircd:/bin/sh
gnats:x:41:41:Gnats Bug-Reporting System (admin):/var/lib/gnats:/bin/sh
nobody:x:65534:65534:nobody:/nonexistent:/bin/sh
libuuid:x:100:101::/var/lib/libuuid:/bin/sh
dhcp:x:101:102::/nonexistent:/bin/false
syslog:x:102:103::/home/syslog:/bin/false
klog:x:103:104::/home/klog:/bin/false
hplip:x:104:7:HPLIP system user,,,:/var/run/hplip:/bin/false
avahi-autoipd:x:105:113:Avahi autoip daemon,,,:/var/lib/avahi-autoipd:/bin/false
gdm:x:106:114:Gnome Display Manager:/var/lib/gdm:/bin/false
pulse:x:107:116:PulseAudio daemon,,,:/var/run/pulse:/bin/false
messagebus:x:108:119::/var/run/dbus:/bin/false
avahi:x:109:120:Avahi mDNS daemon,,,:/var/run/avahi-daemon:/bin/false
polkituser:x:110:122:PolicyKit,,,:/var/run/PolicyKit:/bin/false
haldaemon:x:111:123:Hardware abstraction layer,,,:/var/run/hald:/bin/false
noface:x:1000:1000:jit,,,:/home/noface:/bin/bash
ntp:x:112:124::/home/ntp:/bin/false

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
but One I Can Say That "linux"is King Windows Cannot Do Anything As Linux [fedore,suse.11]

Linux Is Greater Version Than Windows --------> I Hardly Recommend To Use The Fedora9 Or Open Suse 11----------> Its Latest Linux Versions

Ubuntu Is Not Virus Proof

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well...i use Ubuntu :p Some times Arch Linux too

There is no OS great...its just what suits you best is what you use. I like freedom so I use linux. The feeling of control over every in and out. You are not restricted that whats cool about it.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Windows also gives me control. It let's me pull out as many hair as I want every time it crashes or has a virus. There are absolutely no restrictions. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yup I was kinda krazzy about antiviruses, antispywares and every kinds of other anti*wares and firewalls. It was a lovely experience, thanks to slow downs after few months and then reinstall opportunity. Added the bonus BSODs too :D Oh I dont remember if i ever read EULAs. Sometimes a few hiccups in registry and you get another opportunity to pop in cd for refreshement. But then there are gazillions of third party softwares to fix these things only :) Nostalgia

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
what the world has come to... huh...

@amitava... total control? Then use LFS > gentoo > arch > ......................................... > ubuntu... (considering out of the box things)

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Good luck with fully utilizing your SLI setup, or Modern laptop, even wireless adapter, fingerprint reader, card reader, webcam, and what not. So yeah when I pay for something, I should be able to use it. Coz thats my 'freedom'.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lemme tell you my facts, ok this sound card of mine for which i searched for days till i got driver for it and that too a really old one(tricky to get it work right) got detected in linux without any drivers searching and works like charm.

Probably you arent aware that hardware supported by linux is far more than windows...lolz

probably you should look out for the ones that provide some linux friendliness. My 965 bios and sata controller has issues but still I was able to install debian without cd...lolz

amitava82

MMO Addict
Probably you should buy old stuffs... lol Since linux only supports old hardwares without any driver issues.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
since when 965 is an old hardware. Yes there was this one sound card from 2002 but then its not older than disney.

Its not about old things but old code practices that devs use. But then you are gifted one so spend to your heart :p Or shell in more bucks to made their mood to roll out linux drivers too :D at the same time

amitava82

MMO Addict
Whats the point? If my purpose were to listen music, watch movie and browse net then I'd use Linux which I used to. But when you spend good amount of money for latest hardware for gaming n stuffs or use generic system for Office work, then there is no way you can survive with linux. That pretty much sums it up. :p

Now I want a G1.. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom