The 2017 Forum Improvement Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I want Image Upload System like in Tech Enclave and Erodov.
So here are some sites to help in setting up Image Upload System:

1)Image Upload System - vBulletin.org Forum
2)Image Upload Systems - PHP - The SitePoint Forum

How the reputation system works in our forum I simply don't know but here are some examples about how reputation system works in other forums.Please analyze them and Please implement or follow the same system here. Just my suggestion.

Ex Forums:
1)*drugs-forum.com/forum/showwi...utation_System
2)Reputation System

gameranand

Living to Play
I came across an error on Linux Chrome. When I quote someone in quick reply button then I can't put any space between characters, meaning that space bar button won't won't. If I go advanced then it works. Also without any quote(reply) it works as well.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I came across an error on Linux Chrome. When I quote someone in quick reply button then I can't put any space between characters, meaning that space bar button won't won't. If I go advanced then it works. Also without any quote(reply) it works as well.

Quoting you from Linux (Ubuntu 16.10 LTS)/Chrome replying via Quick reply box.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can we please have strict moderation for first 20 posts of any new users back?

I keep getting the same problem on windows chrome and thought that something was wrong from my side.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Can we please have strict moderation for first 20 posts of any new users back?

20 posts limit was never there AFAIK. And anyway, 20 post would be impossible to moderate. Normally, people are not even patient for 5 posts. Nevertheless, 5 limit is still there.

I keep getting the same problem on windows chrome and thought that something was wrong from my side.

It is indeed from your side.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, forum is soon going to upgrade to Xenforo, so expect betterment in everything.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
dashing.sujay said:
Also, forum is soon going to upgrade to Xenforo, so expect betterment in everything.
What really? :O
Btw yes some new users really write cryptic posts to hide their spam.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. This. Those posts seem almost like regular user posts but if you look closely at the pattern, it seems like spam.
True. They are usually somewhat long sentences but one word towards the end would be hyperlinked to their website/whatever. Rater difficult to spam 100's of these in daily basis for mod imo.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
See, 9 out of 10 times, a link in the first post is usually is spam but that still doesn't mean one should delete all the new posts having links. At least the mod has to verify if the user is really a spammer or not. Sometimes, the spam starts after moderation period ends. Being said that, no system is fool proof but 99% spam can definitely be controlled.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I am assuming Digit is planning on getting an SSL certificate soon, since Google is having new rules for making https mandatory and all...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I want the Reputation system & Rating system to be implemented or improved.

If any particular member is active in any particular section or has reached a certain number of posts, then he should be given a certain Rep + Ratings accordingly.

I pray to all the MODS and the super MOD to implement such a system.

It could encourage such a member or new members to try to attain such a status.

Also contests and free game giveaways should be held periodically so that more members will join our community.

Just my 2 cents...

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom