The 2017 Forum Improvement Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ability to change username at-least twice in a month

Not good. Also, I don't think vBulletin doesn't even allow this to be a user privilege. Only admins can do it afaik?

Also, everyone changing their names 2 times every month will be a pain to keep up. Hard to know who is who.

Ability to extract twitter status and show on forum post

Well, no. Would increase overhead in loading forum pages unnecessarily. I guess the current method is fine(pasting in your signature)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Has Digit dropped support for Tapatalk? I am no longer getting any notification from this forum. And while trying to browse the forum I get this error
Code:
Network error, please try again (get_xxxx)

Flash

Lost in speed
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] - Some more free smiey packs.
Most downloaded addons (for last week) - Miranda N
Original Metro-style emoji from Windows 8 RTM by Ugosan on DeviantArt

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
make the link for the new threads clickable suggested by [MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION]

Yes. Because the shoutbox is the first thing we see when we login and its constantly updated whenever someone creates a new thread, it is more current than the Today's Posts or New Posts page. Therefore, it would be more convenient for someone who thinks they can contribute to a thread to access it directly by clicking on it rather than browsing for that thread manually.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have a negative feeling about shoutbox. I think it will reduce forum activity in the long run and a lot of valuable data will be lost.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
can we have some kind of big fat red outline and the words "user was banned for this post" on offending posts so people know what is not tolerated?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
We can have anything. It would be nice if you guys helped by searching for the required addon.

Links in chatbox is a paid feature. Happy to pay once we are all sure we want chatbox for good.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
We can have anything. It would be nice if you guys helped by searching for the required addon.

Links in chatbox is a paid feature. Happy to pay once we are all sure we want chatbox for good.

Major Additions - Yet Another Awards System - vBulletin.org Forum

gameranand

Living to Play
Found a bug in Red Theme. The little button beside the thread, which is used to go to last unread post. It doesn't work in red theme, tested in 6.5 and it worked in that one.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Found a bug in Red Theme. The little button beside the thread, which is used to go to last unread post. It doesn't work in red theme, tested in 6.5 and it worked in that one.

I can't use Red theme or for any other theme than v6.5 because of the digit navigation bar on top consuming precious screen estate. :(

gameranand

Living to Play
I can't use Red theme or for any other theme than v6.5 because of the digit navigation bar on top consuming precious screen estate. :(
Indeed. I also switched back to 6.5 partly because of that bug and partly coz of the navigation bar. Theme is good and easy on eyes but I won't compensate screen area for that.

A

amit.tiger12

Please do something about Tapatalk, it's really bad in loading, sometimes can't open.
Not fully supported i guess in tapatlak because there are 2 chats with digit forum name and both works separately (different persons in chats)? How's that possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom