TDF Upgraded - Post bugs here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjath

Human Spambot
Thank you for disabling images in signature but looks like all the bb codes is disabled now. Please fix this, its more annoying than before

*i.imgur.com/IgIy8FF.jpg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thank you for disabling images in signature but looks like all the bb codes is disabled now. Please fix this, its more annoying than before

*i.imgur.com/IgIy8FF.jpg

sometimes, the signatures are taking more space than the comment/post itself. Please fix it at the earliest. :pray:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
those users need to edit their signatures ...

BTW, I'm having a weird problem regarding PM. Whenever I need to reply to a PM I just can't do it in first attempt ie the submission works but the message won't show up in the sent items folder. Need to send the PM two to three times to show in the sent items folder. Faced this issue both on mobile and pc.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

sometimes, the signatures are taking more space than the comment/post itself. Please fix it at the earliest. :pray:

BB code is disabled by ico intentionally. Checkout the other TDF bugs thread. He will fix it not before the next month. Till then edit your existing signature to remove BB codes.
I know this sucks, but democracy is a myth.

Revolt away. ;)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
and yea, everyone stop blaming me.

If you want to blame then blame yourself for adding silly things in your signature by using the [ imgg ] or [ youtube ] tag. Or may be the first guy who started this nonsense.

I was the one who enabled links and formatting in signature when I became an admin. Before that we had a very strict policy of No BB Code in signatures.

btw, if I'll come up with a solution of preventing "Custom BB Codes" in signature, then the [ spoiler ] code will also stop working alongwith [ imgg ] [ youtube ].

At best I'll add this in rules - "Anyone found using images in signature will be first warned and then banned for 10 days." Easy.
those users need to edit their signatures ...

BTW, I'm having a weird problem regarding PM. Whenever I need to reply to a PM I just can't do it in first attempt ie the submission works but the message won't show up in the sent items folder. Need to send the PM two to three times to show in the sent items folder. Faced this issue both on mobile and pc.

You need to check "Save to Sent Items" - something like this before sending a message.

For me it remains checked on every machine. I don't have to do anything. May be in some session of yours it is unchecked.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, I'll check the setting. BTW, sent a PM to you in the morning .. did you get that ? It's not showed up in the sent items hence asking.

Flash

Lost in speed
IMGG is the equivalent of SPOILER tag + IMG tag. Instead of manually inserting the picture with "Insert image" option, you can paste the pic URL, and then hit the IMGG tag to wrap around it.

IMGG is the equivalent of SPOILER tag + IMG tag. Instead of manually inserting the picture with "Insert image" option, you can paste the pic URL, and then hit the IMGG tag to wrap around it.

But we can paste the pic URL and wrap it with IMG tag too without using the "insert image" option.

amjath

Human Spambot
In not blaming anyone here for disabling bb code, I'm just saying the signature is now more messed up and spoils the post.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, IMGG is not the equivalent of SPOILER + IMG.

It is only a small replacement for IMG tag to avoid that stupid dialog box. I don't know why few people demanded it in the first place because one can easily type [ img ] URL [ /img ]. It doesn't take a whole lot of time.

See below:

[imgg]*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/customavatars/avatar142062_169.gif[/imgg] Using imgg.

No, IMGG is not the equivalent of SPOILER + IMG.

It is only a small replacement for IMG tag to avoid that stupid dialog box. I don't know why few people demanded it in the first place because one can easily type [ img ] URL [ /img ]. It doesn't take a whole lot of time.

See below:

[imgg]*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/customavatars/avatar142062_169.gif[/imgg] Using imgg.

So basically, IMGG was implemented because we didn't have any button that could wrap selected text in IMG. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom