Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
The 'Lightbeam' addon for firefox indicates TDF sharing data; among others; to a site raaabo.com. WTH is that?

It loads one image for quick reply from there which I have to fix by uploading to the digit server. No access to the server from home, so uploaded the image to my own server temporarily. Waiting for after Diwali to upgrade forum from office and also to fix minor bugs like this one.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can we have a static URL for "What's new"? Bookmarking doesn't work as it's essentially performing a dynamic search.

When you click What's New you are opening the following link:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

But as you said it performs a dynamic search, which generates a searchid dynamically each time, like:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?searchid=614982

So I guess you got the solution now?

Don't bookmark the second link. But right click on Whats New, and select "Bookmark this link" to bookmark the first link.

When you click What's New you are opening the following link:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

But as you said it performs a dynamic search, which generates a searchid dynamically each time, like:
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?searchid=614982

So I guess you got the solution now?

Don't bookmark the second link. But right click on Whats New, and select "Bookmark this link" to bookmark the first link.

Thanks, that worked! :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, nice find indeed though this feature is common with some other forums I'm seeing this is for the first time in TDF ... not sure if that thread was shared on FB or there must be the like module activated while creating that thread. BTW, help is on the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom