TDF Playdates V2.0

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
why i have a bad feeling about this thread ??
I guess just like the predecessor thread or in simple term " Playdate will be a big phail. "

Gamers in TDF are just single player campaign loving, cheap-arshe & trolls. Period.

Don't be harsh dude. We are not trolls, SP loving, cheap-arse. People got caught up with life and gaming become low priority. Still i want to play CS GO and so many games, but not getting the opportunity as i have a kid now and same goes for other people.

I agree, there are trolls who are SP loving, cheap-arse. But not all of us are like that.

And yes, Playdate's are big fail because of the time-constraints and social life. Period.

d3p

PowerHouse
Right,
Like d3p said, no one actually want to play but everyone want to comment.

Dude, if i'm right "Using hamachi may compromise your pc's security". Could you please post, how to use it securely ? I already lost & got back 300$ from steam, don't wish to do anything stupid now.

Don't be harsh dude. We are not trolls, SP loving, cheap-arse. People got caught up with life and gaming become low priority. Still i want to play CS GO and so many games, but not getting the opportunity as i have a kid now and same goes for other people.

I agree, there are trolls who are SP loving, cheap-arse. But not all of us are like that.

And yes, Playdate's are big fail because of the time-constraints and social life. Period.

Well, Social life, Gaming & Studies are all included together. The main intention of my post was " Not to see another playdate thread " Already we had enough. People, who are really interested can join Steam Group - Thinkdigit Gamers. Plan, post, schedule & Act using the group chat there too. I don't see a single reason for creating another thread & FEED THE TROLLS.

DDIF

Custom User Title
Dude, if i'm right "Using hamachi may compromise your pc's security". Could you please post, how to use it securely ? I already lost & got back 300$ from steam, don't wish to do anything stupid now.

Install it, don't join any public network. My network is password protected. Use it only when needed and use strong password for your pc, you can turn off file shares while using it. Turn off Hamachi Virtual LAN adapter when not using it.

Last edited:

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
In reply to above comments,

I'm sure there are as many multiplayer lovers in tdf as many singleplayer guys. Last thread was fail because of complete different reasons. Remember the first thread anyone? it went for months, every weekend without any hiccups because there were people who tried to actually help and share the burden like anorion, vyom etc. But second thread, those people who came up to volunteer, it was mess, i don't want to call out anyone but it started as a joint job but it sucked. Most people don't know this but people actually funded money for second playdate and it was all waste. None of them really asked back any because of goodwill of forum members and just forgot considering nothing was intentional. (Nothing against anybody here, we understand what happened and it was nobody's fault to be honest but still things could have been atleast better communicated). Still i could have run the second thread solo like first with help from guys like anorion and others who actually help not just give fake promises and try to be bossy but i didn't really feel like doing it anymore after the experience. sorry if i sounded rude to anyone.

@OP you really can arrange playdates easily.. tdf guys are friendly and actually love to play together. i remember playing many nights on servers with 15+ from tdf. there may be trolls but there are lots of people who want to play together. btw you can also use playdates steam group to create announcements anytime.

btw link to the first playdate thread if anyone wants to know how grand, organized and successful it was. the thread was even featured on magazine because it was a happening event on the forum.

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Just a suggestion :

Maybe we can do something like 1 playdate weekend in 2-3 months which would be decided by all the members participating . And In this there would be no 1 game played , we can play 2-3 games in the course of 2 days . Everyone will have freedom to join all of the games or none . Things like tomorrow 10 pm or today 7 pm wont work I think . Set a date In the future , create a steam event so that everyone remembers , Setting the date once in a while will make it something like an event and people will have plenty of time to get the desired games . The one's organizing the event (admins of steam page) should take the responsibility for managing the playdate or even reminding people through regular announcement .

OP
kunalht

kunalht

In the zone
In reply to above comments,

I'm sure there are as many multiplayer lovers in tdf as many singleplayer guys. Last thread was fail because of complete different reasons. Remember the first thread anyone? it went for months, every weekend without any hiccups because there were people who tried to actually help and share the burden like anorion, vyom etc. But second thread, those people who came up to volunteer, it was mess, i don't want to call out anyone but it started as a joint job but it sucked. Most people don't know this but people actually funded money for second playdate and it was all waste. None of them really asked back any because of goodwill of forum members and just forgot considering nothing was intentional. (Nothing against anybody here, we understand what happened and it was nobody's fault to be honest but still things could have been atleast better communicated). Still i could have run the second thread solo like first with help from guys like anorion and others who actually help not just give fake promises and try to be bossy but i didn't really feel like doing it anymore after the experience. sorry if i sounded rude to anyone.

@OP you really can arrange playdates easily.. tdf guys are friendly and actually love to play together. i remember playing many nights on servers with 15+ from tdf. there may be trolls but there are lots of people who want to play together. btw you can also use playdates steam group to create announcements anytime.

btw link to the first playdate thread if anyone wants to know how grand, organized and successful it was. the thread was even featured on magazine because it was a happening event on the forum.

Yes you're right.
Thanks for your support. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a suggestion :

Maybe we can do something like 1 playdate weekend in 2-3 months which would be decided by all the members participating . And In this there would be no 1 game played , we can play 2-3 games in the course of 2 days . Everyone will have freedom to join all of the games or none . Things like tomorrow 10 pm or today 7 pm wont work I think . Set a date In the future , create a steam event so that everyone remembers , Setting the date once in a while will make it something like an event and people will have plenty of time to get the desired games . The one's organizing the event (admins of steam page) should take the responsibility for managing the playdate or even reminding people through regular announcement .

Yeah!
Good idea!

After going thru digital fragger's post as well as the first playdate thread, i thought that we can adopt the same system as the first playdate thread, with a few modifications.

NOTE:
These are just my suggestions, something to start on. Members are requested to post suggestions

Materials Req. :)
1. A willing mod :)
2. alteast 10 players who will attend
3. Someone willing to announce them on the steam page.
4. Someone to host

* First, we have to decide how often it will occur.
This does include the games we play on the "spur of the moment", but a fixed playdate that will occur every few days or so without a change. the best way would be to ask, get a few days that members are free and hold a poll after that ( or we can directly go to Sunday :p )

* Next: deciding the game. We can take games from the previos thread, eg.altitude, CS GO , Trackmania, COD 4 MW, CS, Quake, etc. the game can be decided by a poll. ( to create and change these polls we need a willing mod )

* Confirmation of players. members can post the following to indicate that..
1. CONFIRMED ( will definetly attend )
2. UNSURE ( doubtful, may attend or may not )
3. NOTPOSS ( not possible, definetly will not be able to attend )

* As suggested, a steam event can be created in the playdates group to remind participants

* Play :D

And also we can create a badass first post like the first one ;)

dont gang up on me and start critizing me please :) just trying to help

Shiva

OP
kunalht

kunalht

In the zone
Okay guys.
So, I'll do the following things to original post tomorrow:

1. I will add Team fortress 2, COD 4, Quake III , Altitude (Demo) , CS:GO , COD 2 , Ghost recon advance warfughter 2 , Hawken
2. I will start 2 polls 1 for date and time and 2 for game
3. I will remove some games which has less than 6 players gameplay

And this are some questions i want to ask:
1. Can we play games like COD 4 or COD 2 or quake 3 on any empty server from gametracker ? (we can decide that at the playing time)

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Ok. As decided. I'm up for CS:GO, COD & NFS [Any Version]. Also i can host a private server for the same. Have a spare laptop lying around.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
idk abt you guys but we are having a quite successful play dates here in dota 2 (epic lobby games)............

all i have to do is call each and every member out when i feel like lobbying we have 10+ members from tdf in each lobby.........

Piyush

Lanaya
idk abt you guys but we are having a quite successful play dates here in dota 2 (epic lobby games)............

all i have to do is call each and every member out when i feel like lobbying we have 10+ members from tdf in each lobby.........

Exactly.
Gagan just msg all of us in whatsapp group and there are more than 10 players available for the lobby. And then we play like 2-3 matches or more too if everyone agrees.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hey what playdates failed? thought previous one was a huuge success. for me the trackmania, quake 3, teeworlds, cs, altitude games were memorable. maybe others had fun on other games, I donno.
good luck to this thread too. might join in for some games.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Can you give me your steam id or anyother id where we can chat?
I want some help here.
firefox

actually the first playdates for started for the same reason... to get people play different games.. everyone keeps playing dota 2 all the time.. ;)
it was always easy to find people to play dota 2, afterall it's the most popular game on steam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom