Tatas' Rs 1 lakh car at Auto Expo 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol48

Searching...
pathiks said:
Looks like a mix up of swift and estilo.
BTW is it still 1 lac?

No i had read once in TOI that it will cost around 1.2 lakhs in you include tax, insurance etc... but still pretty cheap :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Guys, it's just a 2 door car. You see a lot of Cars like this in Dubai, not India. They do have sitting capacity of 4 also. It depends.

Parking is not a problem in India (as in Dubai), people look for smaller cars even though they can afford bigger cars. With the population and the traffic going up daily, I think it's a welcome sign.

I don't think that's the picture of the Car. If it is, it's stunning.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I have read in some newspaper that this 1lac car will have 4 door but it seems to have 2 door( from the pic).....

I don't think this is the real pic...

multi

lazy bone
if that photo is correct then it's similar to that electric car "Reva" :p

2 seating car for 1.2 lakh - buyer will say why not get cheap 2nd hand 4 or more seater other car or will say I will pay more buy other 4 seater .

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
ally
infra_red_dude said:
I agree with subs, car for 2 is just not viable for a city like Bangalore!

Actually it will be better for the Bangalore traffic. Here at Whitefield, come 5PM and you see all these people driving back home in huge cars like Innova. Imagine! One person in a car like Innova.

praka123

left this forum longback
uses plastic..hmm but it is a winner i think also it is a 4 seater.u just have to shift the seat at leftside to sit at back seats!:D It is a winner!people will leave bikes and will choose these type of cars!

Maruti 800 is sure gonna stop production before the end of 2008.alto already replacing it.M800 buy is very less in states like kerala now.
So,tata can fill that gap too.also afaik 3 more companies like nissan,suzuki too are gonna bring small cars as competitiors ?

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
*bp0.blogger.com/_Scnn9NMv0oc/RsupQouBWfI/AAAAAAAABeQ/ayHGQO6ZEkM/s400/image001.jpg

This foto i got months back saying it as tata's 1 lakh car...
Will this be a real :confused:

The main thing to worry is abt the safety...
But our TATA ji said.. it would comply all safety norms...

It should not be like share autos running in Chennai :D

So lets c!!

shashank_re

In the zone
What ever it is guys you cannot expect a ferrari or even a safari for 1lac:oops:
There are many many middle class families in the country who can only dream about a car:|
So if you consider the total cost of a car to be Rs.1.2lac including taxes,even then thats not a problem coz many will go for instalment also,
so think 20k as downpymt
remaining as 5k*21 months.It comes to 1.25 lac.Assume 5k as interest:D
So a person/family who can buy a normal bike of 40-50k can also very easily own a car:p

And secondhand of this car might be available for even 50-60k for which you wont even get a pulsar! :D :D :p

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
What about safety? With so much plastic, will the car even survive a crash with a cycle?

shashank_re

In the zone
Ya they used more plastic it seems......
But i dont think they will be using the same kinda plastic which we use in our household.My be a stronger one.

I am not in the least intrested in this car. I would not even be intrested in a Mercedes, because these cars a part of history. Who could be stupid enough to invest in a petroleum-based car when there is hardly any petroleum around? :p

Reva is the car for me for now(0.4 Rupees per KM is the cost of electricity with a reva) And I only hope that electric bikes from PROPER barands like Honda, Yamaha, etc will hit the markets.

PS: why does this car have only two doors? A real economic family car, if planned, must have 4 doors.

shashank_re

In the zone
It is a four door car.Ratan Tata is not a fool.He knows Indians psychology quite well.The car in the first post is not the real one.
The pic posted by Ganeshkumar is/seems to be real.As even i have seen the same pic few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom