Tatas' Rs 1 lakh car at Auto Expo 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hope Tata acts more sensibly in case they buy Land Rover and Jaquar (with $2 Bn big, they're the fav).

A quick look at some parent Automobile companies and their subsidiary..

Fiat -- Ferrari
Ford -- Jaguar and Land Rover
Toyota -- Lexus
Nissan -- Infinity
GM -- Cadillac (not same as others but still)
BMW -- Mini Cooper

Now we don't want Tata-Jaguar or Tata-Land Rover. Mahindra also did this like Mahindra Renault.

An example:
In Dubai, Al Futtaim Motors (Dealer for Toyota and Lexus in UAE) now has separate showrooms for Toyata and Lexus. Also the brand "Toyota" doesn't comes in any of the advertisements that Toyota/Al Futtaim does for Lexus.

Last edited:
drgrudge said:
Fiat -- Ferrari
wow... and sadharan Indians often think fiat means this:

*k43.pbase.com/u41/mbarooah/large/39569532.OR2B6464.jpg

while all the time, the rest of the world knows that fiat is actually this:

*www.mccullagh.org/db9/1ds-5/ferrari-enzo-2.jpg

People can be amusing...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
above pic is soo vibrant *farm3.static.flickr.com/2193/2106528885_b44c4bde0d_o.png

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Well this seems to be nice car.

The Chandigarh Administration is also taking initiative so that Chandigarh remains CITY BEAUTIFUL :D

Today, they decided to give Subsidy on "Reva" since it is 3.14 Lakhs here. After Subsidy it will be around 2.5 lakhs.

The Police Department, Forest Department also use it for patroling and for promotion.

Sukhdeep Singh said:
Well this seems to be nice car.

The Chandigarh Administration is also taking initiative so that Chandigarh remains CITY BEAUTIFUL :D

Today, they decided to give Subsidy on "Reva" since it is 3.14 Lakhs here. After Subsidy it will be around 2.5 lakhs.

The Police Department, Forest Department also use it for patroling and for promotion.
I don't mainly like the Reva just for its being pollution free. The main thing about it is that it needs less maintainance and driving costs, and also looks a bit cool. It also acclerates quite smoothly. If the Formula One start embracing electric cars for their control and acceleration(but less speed), I am sure they will make a big bang here.

nix

@drgrudge:informative post dude... didnt know that fiat if parent company of ferrari..i always thought that fiat was always a strugging company...

@metalheadgautam:nice comparison dude..

praka123

left this forum longback
fiat made us Indians troubled by producing premier padmini's and 118NE diesels :D yeah the ghosts of old 1950's fiat!I remember the nasty sounding padmini's on road back in 80s and 90's.

Why does the used car rates does not come down in India after a decade of vehicle revolution :confused: still,a diesel indica of 2002 model commands 1.5 lakhs!
while my uncle in newzealand have a 2005 october toyota corolla bought for a mere 1.8 lakhs($6000, 1 newzealand $=Rs30)!and every member in his family got cars!not to say that all cars are auto-transmission!
there are junkyards in most countries where,even good condition cars are disposed off!

while in India,used car market is vibrant only in capital delhi,ncr.we cannot even imagine getting a used 2006 indica for <50000(yes!thats how afaik used car pricing International!)too bad.I hope more people move off bike to cars hence safety! :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
praka123 said:
while my uncle in newzealand have a 2005 october toyota corolla bought for a mere 1.8 lakhs($6000, 1 newzealand $=Rs30)!and every member in his family got cars!not to say that all cars are auto-transmission!
there are junkyards in most countries where,even good condition cars are disposed off!

Because our government is GREEDY, not to mention DUMB. They never understand the concept of more volumes=more taxes=more revenue

praka123 said:
I hope more people move off bike to cars hence safety!

More people will, including myself, but I love motorcycling, even if its just to work and back most of the time. You'll enjoy if you have a good motorcycle; I have an Avenger.

praka123

left this forum longback
All two wheeler riders are not matured.many wants to do wheelies and stoppies in town centres!the pathetic crash and death is really a pain to watch :( Old people above 35 are not very careful with motorcycles.teens are making driving a menace in conjusted towns.I hope shifting to 4 wheelers will be really a life saviour and it indeed is!even helmets cant save lives with two wheelers in cities like cochin where,the drank bikers and fasting city buses means death for bikers :(

offtopic:
^I too am a biker :D I had yamaha rx100 back in my Engg days (1997-2001).the yamaha sold out after a serious accident with a Jeep.So,I know how it will be if ur a rash driver or having ur reflexes compromised or even ur eye field is not good(which many 2 wheeler riders dont know)!

BTW,Still I can not stop riding :D am on Suzuki Fiero from 2002!I too loves long rides in company of fellow riders esp during nights when u can reach the max speed(mine with fiero is 110kmph 8) )

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
praka123 said:
fiat made us Indians troubled by producing premier padmini's and 118NE diesels :D yeah the ghosts of old 1950's fiat!I remember the nasty sounding padmini's on road back in 80s and 90's.

Why does the used car rates does not come down in India after a decade of vehicle revolution :confused: still,a diesel indica of 2002 model commands 1.5 lakhs!
I used to like Fiat Premier and Padmini. Palio is a good car but not selling much.

In Dubai, Corolla costs Dhs 50k (Rs 5.5 Lacs), way cheaper than what it costs here. But Petrol is cheap. Cheaper than Mineral Water! :p Not even Rs 18 per litre. And Diesel is costlier than Petrol!

Also you can't drive a car for more than 8 (or 10? , not sure) years in Dubai. It has to goto scrap. In Germany, it's 2 years!

But New Zealand prices are insane. Rs 1.8 Lac only? We'll buy Landcruiser or Prado and zoom around the place. :D

nix- Thanks.

drgrudge said:
I used to like Fiat Premier and Padmini. Palio is a good car but not selling much.

In Dubai, Corolla costs Dhs 50k (Rs 5.5 Lacs), way cheaper than what it costs here. But Petrol is cheap. Cheaper than Mineral Water! :p Not even Rs 18 per litre. And Diesel is costlier than Petrol!

Also you can't drive a car for more than 8 (or 10? , not sure) years in Dubai. It has to goto scrap. In Germany, it's 2 years!

But New Zealand prices are insane. Rs 1.8 Lac only? We'll buy Landcruiser or Prado and zoom around the place. :D

nix- Thanks.
actually, the indian guys are good in a way. With chocking population, there is no way we can have that many cars, with each person in the family having one, all driving on the road. Also, making costlier means less waste, due to which there is less pollution.

Still, I stand by my views: I may sound a bit fussy, but I feel there is no point in today's cars. The run on petrol and disel. Wow really cool? Modern? Sencible? Nice smelling? Good for the health? No. They are just bull$hit. Landcrusier ho ya Ferrari, Toyota ho ya Maruthi, sab bakwaas hai.

praka123

left this forum longback
^OK.fuel cell cars is that what ur referring to :? as referring wikipedia fuelcell are more polluting than current petrol/diesel cars :(

@grudge:yeah,Newzealand it is really cheap those vehicles!i mean with a total population of only 40 lakh people(correct me!) it is indeed easy with many things.but costly with some unexpected things like cellular service providers(vadafone is having near to 90% share),houses(u need to have rs60 lakhs to have a decent house there,most houses and flats are made on wood cemented with concrete as the soil beneath is not stable and most are on rental) and lots more.

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
MetalheadGautham said:
Landcrusier ho ya Ferrari, Toyota ho ya Maruthi, sab bakwaas hai.
:shock:

post that in a automobile related forum & see the result.:p

btw wat car/bike you own? :))

----
fuel cell is more polluting cos of the way Hydrogen & Oxygen are produced.

praka123 said:
vadafone is having near to 90% share)
LOL :D

Vada(i) phone :D

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
drgrudge said:
Petrol is cheap. Cheaper than Mineral Water! :p Not even Rs 18 per litre. And Diesel is costlier than Petrol! :D

Don't be surprised! Diesel is costlier at most places,but Indian Govt. highly subsidize diesel prices to keep inflation in check,thats why it costs cheaper than patrol here.Diesel is better than petrol owing to very high efficiency of diesel engines but it is the deadly exhaust that makes its usage unfavorable.

And yea New zealand rox!! its too beautiful,too cheap,and no need to work too hard for anything;).unlike India.:(

praka123 said:
^OK.fuel cell cars is that what ur referring to :? as referring wikipedia fuelcell are more polluting than current petrol/diesel cars :(

@grudge:yeah,Newzealand it is really cheap those vehicles!i mean with a total population of only 40 lakh people(correct me!) it is indeed easy with many things.but costly with some unexpected things like cellular service providers(vadafone is having near to 90% share),houses(u need to have rs60 lakhs to have a decent house there,most houses and flats are made on wood cemented with concrete as the soil beneath is not stable and most are on rental) and lots more.
Not fuel cells. I mean electricity. Its advantage is that it can be produced by a variety of methords, and its only these methords that may be polluting. This means that with 100% effitiency in conversion, electricity is the best medium to run a car with. Fuel Cells are NOT polluting, btw, as they just store hydrogen. And yes, I know my views are a little too extreme, but you need to bear with me as usual.

Anindya

In the zone
I have written a complete article from a negative angle in my blog. If u r interested then u can have a look here.

nix

MetalheadGautham said:
Landcrusier ho ya Ferrari, Toyota ho ya Maruthi, sab bakwaas hai.

this is something like what my uncle says which is: whats the point of buying a better car, when all you need to do is go from point a to point b.

personally, i dont believe that point a point b thing. i dont think he's ever travelled in a merc....

yeah am all for cars... driving in 2 wheeler is so tiring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom