tata nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber

my name defines me
well i hav read in an article that due the nano project in singur (before),many people hav become homeless.even after tata has pulled out these people are homeless.
who is responsible for this
people
government
tata

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
People

No seriously, if people voice their opinion about not buying a mini sandwich (Nano), Tata will stop producing these and everyone from the homeless to Greenpeace shall remain happy.

On a side note, is the Nano ever going to be released?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nano is ready for release. testing of the car is going on afaik.

the reason for people to become homeless is just one.

Mamta banerjee

chooza

Journeyman
nano is ready for release. testing of the car is going on afaik.

the reason for people to become homeless is just one.

Mamta banerjee

True Bro. The only one who benefited from Singur is Mamta banerjee. Her party won the electin from that place also.

Rahim

Married!
To be honest i am from Kolkata and i know better than what media persons can ever write/show. Due to the delay and attitude of Mamata Banerjee, she was becoming popular among some sections of the people while those connected with this project (contractors. suppliers, labourers,etc..) absolutely hated her for this behaviour. This is where the dirty head politics came up and CPM easily blamed the Trinamool for this mess and eventually, Tata's pullout from WB. But the fact was had CPM accepted Mamata's demands, she would gain popularity and affection of a large number of people, which CPM cannot let it happen.
So they allowed TATA's to go to Gujju.
Politicians are clever breed and thats the problem with a comman man who doesnt have time to think deeply of this fiasco.

nix

lotta people just go with the media's opinion. they dont have the time, nor do they think of the other side of the coin. mamata banerjee defended the poor farmers who were forced out of their lands and compensated with a pittance.

lots of us indians in metros often ignore the problems of the poor indian farmer. lots of indians are blissfully unaware of the dire situtions in the rural areas.. no power, no water.. there's nothing. they are the people who are constantly being exploited. why does tata want land at subsidised rate? its a billion dollar company. industrialisation should not come at the cost of environment or nature.

tata should have concentrated all this effort to make an electric car like the reva. he should hve tried to create a cheap rs 1 lac electric car..

and i also think the big flashy headlights on thenano were a waste of money.. those must be expensive. he should have spent less on the external appearance on the car....

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
blame mamata banerjee for it..she is an idiot...she is against industrialisation..she wants us to be in the dark ages...i thought WB govt got a really good deal..a huge invt but mamata spoiled it like hell...it turned out to be modi's gain eventually..he grabbed it with open arms...so if not for mamata,nano project would have been done in West bengal & we would hgave prolly seen the car by now on roads..currently the land is empty & people are homeless,it was reported sometime in between that some people committed suicide due to unemployment since they gave up land for it...i heard now some chemcial ind will be coming up there but that is also being protested by mamata & so is the NSG hub in westbengal..she is an idiot...

Rahim

Married!
@Ronnie: Let me give a fair picture of WB politics.
This is the ugly face of politics and how low one can go for their benefits. WIth the quarrel between the CPM and Trinamool, there came a point where Trinamool agreed with the proposal given by the Govt but had the project came up at Singur, Mamata Banerjee would have become too popular in WB. So CPM played their dual nature perfectly. On one side, the Govt said , "Look we want this project to come up in Singur but Trinamool is blocking it." And on the other side, had they really agreed with Mamata, CPM would be in jeopardy, as the fame and love for Mamata would be sky-rocketed.

CPM double crossed Trinamool and put all the blame on her party for this fiasco.
If anybody ask the Govt, they would put up a brave face that we wanted this deal but Mamata put a road block. Its quite easy for CPM to behave this way.

Being closer to home, we know far better how Communist work here in WB and I dont give a damn about the so called English Media (bunch of testostrone filled donkeys they are) who just wants to play a neutral role but fails big time. With this 25 years of CPM rule West Bengal is the den for Gundaas and Dadas with no industrialisation and many units have either wiped out or becaome small.

[highlight]There would be no respite for businessmen class as labours are given too much power. Just carry the red flag of Left Front and you have become the PM of India :shock: Just look at how CPM party bureua is run!! Karat ke baap ka CPM party hai. He doent listen to anyone and fair and equal say is non-existence in CPM.
Trinamool is the same :p [/highlight]

Both parties have shared the spoils and the party workers have been brainwashed and looted. Idolism is the worst kind of appreciation.

Dont mind the people behind the curtains.

I can go on and on about the political situation of theis Red Brigade,.......hopefully in future you might think deeply and not get your opinion moulded by the media.

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
At the end of the day the tata nano got made...india got their 1 lakh rupee car ...and a bunch of people got jobs in the nano plant at gujrat......seems like the one's who protested that they were losing a lot ended up losing the most....:D

krinish

Journeyman
Re: tata nano spotted

Nano spotted on pune - bangalore Highway.... Check out the pics
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3297/3332585738_66641e09df.jpg?v=0

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3354/3331749613_00ae82d9e1.jpg?v=0

Photo Credits Ravi Dixit from flickr

nix

those big front and rear lamps must be quite expensive. he could have saved a lot of money had he gone for simpler design lamps. and then with that money, he could have covered up those visible-beam seat support.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
good job posting the photos on the forum....

and as to whether the car is good or not....come on yaar...its just one lakh and some odd...give the company some credit to hace come up with this design and not one like what kinetic came up with some years back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom