Symbian S60 V3 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

myself.gourav

Right off the assembly line
Someone please help me out ...

Does N82 support .jar files ???
Every time I try to install something I get an unknown file type error !
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Someone please help me out ...

Does N82 support .jar files ???
Every time I try to install something I get an unknown file type error !

Last edited:

nokia6600

Broken In
for me this topic deserves to be stickied n maintain this topic wit proper care by removin useless posts
Posted again:
masterminds, ur FW is hackable long ago

Last edited:

rajhot

S60 rocks
I am extremely sorry for my stupid mistakes.
It was a typing mistake.

What I was referring to was actually the ".rar" files .
Does N82 support them?

U can try this freeware

*www.symbian-freak.com/downloads/fr...eeware_and_easy_to_use_decompression_tool.htm

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I m a bit confused about this Developer Certificate funda, can anyone explain?
and also i found more then one ways to get it...like
*wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Developer_certificate
and
*andy.ehandysoft.com/devcert.php

Kindly help me understand this

MasterMinds

hell boy
Certificate and key files are required to sign the unsigned file..! And they are device(phone) specific..! The site to get certificate u have mentioned is down i guess but u can get em from a chinese site i think opda.net.cu google it and use the translator.google.com to understand it

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Is this signing thing some security check while installing....and why one needs to install HelloOX

Yes. S60 verifies if the application you are using is signed to protect your phone from malicious content. Most of the unsigned apps, may contain viruses. Hence the signing process. HelloOX patches the phone & let's the user install any unsigned app. Without HelloOX the phone will not be able to install unsigned apps, giving a "Corrupted file" as error.

@girish - I tried the Kastor UI hack, but there is no skins directory in my C:\resource.
I followed as per this : *www.finestfones.com/2008/12/how-to-enable-fp2-style-transitions-in.html
Posted again:
^^ I tried the above.
But still cant install .rar files.

Any other solution guys ?

Extract the .rar on PC & send the files to your phone.
Then start the installation from the phone. :wink:

Last edited:

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes. S60 verifies if the application you are using is signed to protect your phone from malicious content. Most of the unsigned apps, may contain viruses. Hence the signing process. HelloOX patches the phone & let's the user install any unsigned app. Without HelloOX the phone will not be able to install unsigned apps, giving a "Corrupted file" as error.
Does that mean all that "ahem" versions of the softwares are unsigned???
And is it safe to dispose my IMEI no. to those websites???

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
yup all cra**ed versions of softwares are unsigned better hack your phone than to sign each file before installing
@coolg5 i created the skins folder in resource but still it didn't work

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
And my phone is n78, which was recently closed in India, will it affect any of its online support like nokia maps and all?

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@ionicsachin, Most of the software which are very new are not unsigned, hence they require you to hack your phone to install them. Do not publish your IMEI in open.

I don't think it will affect online support. Even if it does, google is god ;)

@girish.g - I too did the same. Still no effects. I guess we need to wait till somebody arrives with a perfect way to get those effects.

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
@coolg5 for kastorui to work there has to be an effects option in the themes. does your 5700 have that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom