Symbian S60 V3 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@girish.g - No, it doesn't.

BTW did you patch your phone to display some hidden menu's? I have heard about some rom patches for the same. Will have to digg into it.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
U need a Modem with WiFi

I want to know how safe is HelloOX method of hacking my Nokia N79? I just want to install unsigned version of Quickoffice 5, Adobe Reader LE 2.5 & SpotOn. After this I will keep my phone hacked, till a new firmware arrives. Since I don't need to take the phone to a service center, I don't care about warranty. If I do screw up, I can simply format the phone.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Great. according to the blog information, I need to sign HelloOX with a "17 capability" Certificate. My own certificate isn't capable of this. The only way to get this certificate is OPDA but if I can get OPDA certificate, then what's the point of hacking the phone :D

Now looking for OPDA certificate will full capability, no need to hack the phone then.

If anyone has HelloOX already signed by OPDA, can they upload here.

MasterMinds

hell boy
the certificates generated by opda are imei specific...! I dont think there is any signed version of hellox available....and the opda
certificates are valid for 3 years i guess....and yes if u want to install only couple of apps then simply sign em using opda certificate no point in hacking the phone.
...!

ertifica

Power UP

In the zone
Its not just installing a couple of unsigned files,
but also it gets rid of the annoyance of manually signing each unsigned app before installing.
Plus you can also mod your phone.
So hacking is highly recommended :grin:

MasterMinds

hell boy
as gx said that he onlt wanted to install only three apps and more later may b so what is the point in hackind the phone for three apps
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
as gx said that he onlt wanted to install only three apps and more later may b so what is the point in hacking the phone for three apps

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I got my own certificate but not with all the capability. The only apps I need to install for which I will need OPDA certificate are

1) Quickoffice 6 Premiere upgrade
2) Adobe Reader 2.5 LE upgrade

For everything else, I can use my own certificate which I got from Symbian Signed. Considering those application mentioned above are pirated only which isn't recommended, hacking is the only option as I don't want to mod my phone too. (Unless I can get better camera quality).

Getting your own all capability certificate & signing using EasySigner is always better then hacking the phone.

By the way, I found nTorch Lite using which I can use the camera LED flash as torch light but it gives red light & not the real bright white flash light.

Last edited:

Power UP

In the zone
Dude it still the users wish whether to hack his phone or not.
The amount of benefits plus its only an one time procedure, is why i recommended it in the first place.

utsav

damn busy...
U need a Modem with WiFi

I want to know how safe is HelloOX method of hacking my Nokia N79? I just want to install unsigned version of Quickoffice 5, Adobe Reader LE 2.5 & SpotOn. After this I will keep my phone hacked, till a new firmware arrives. Since I don't need to take the phone to a service center, I don't care about warranty. If I do screw up, I can simply format the phone.

HelloOX method is totally safe and thr is no problem of screwing up anything.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Great. according to the blog information, I need to sign HelloOX with a "17 capability" Certificate. My own certificate isn't capable of this. The only way to get this certificate is OPDA but if I can get OPDA certificate, then what's the point of hacking the phone :D

Now looking for OPDA certificate will full capability, no need to hack the phone then.

If anyone has HelloOX already signed by OPDA, can they upload here.
Get your 17 capability certificate here: *andy.ehandysoft.com/devcert.php

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
@coolg5 what hidden menus?? i used rompatcher to apply c2z patch to get the horseshoe and v shape menu but that didn't work either.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I too don't know clearly, but heard something about hidden menus which when enabled bring many more options to the default "Options" menu of S60.

I tried the c2z ( reminds me of Counter Strike : Condition Zero :D ) patch but it failed to run on 5700.

Please let me know, if you get anything about the hidden menu patch. I will do the same too. :)

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
why did you try c2z patch?? 5700 has vshape and horseshoe menus.
boards going on after that i'll check about the hidden menu thing

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I m getting pretty tuff time getting my certificate for installing helloox, cant find a single website that is active....
btw what is this OPDA?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
OPDA is a website from China which provides certificates, hacks etc for mobile phones.

In other news, I tried NTorch Lite & SpotOn .7 today. On my Nokia N79 it only turned on the Red flash lite & not the real flash light

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
why did you try c2z patch?? 5700 has vshape and horseshoe menus.
boards going on after that i'll check about the hidden menu thing

The c2z patch was for getting some other things, not for the menus.
No problem. Good Luck for boards. :)

k4ce

Youngling
hey , all the guys playing around wid kastor UI , i have a doubt

Is kastor UI only for pre FP2 fones to get FP2 effects or is there something extra that FP2 users can also get ?

and bout the horseshoe and the v-shaped menus (which are inbuilt in my phone) , don bother ... they work really slowly are are pretty irritating to use

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
@k4ce not sure about kastorui for 5320xm but there is a python app for adding extra transition effects in fp2 phones

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom