Symbian S60 V3 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
dude handy taskman sucks thats why i want jb task man.
@coolg5 what flashlite theme??
has anyone tried handwave?? its awesome

There are some themes available over the net(basically .swf files) which open in Flashlite player 2.0 of the phone & brings a supercool interface. It doesn't change any phone elements but it runs over the default theme. In case you get a call, you will get the phone theme and not the flashlite theme. Flashlite also consumes RAM as it needs Flash player to render those .swf files. So I hate those themes.

@dhan_shh - Nice apps. Especially the Fullscreen Message. :)

k4ce

Youngling
OGG Player (freeware)
s60v3 *symbianoggplay.sourceforge.net/S60V3.html
*symbianoggplay.sourceforge.net/nSIS/mcNuOggPlayN90.zip

plays almost popular audio formats ... but the difference b/w this and the other players is that it plays OGG VORBIS audio format also... so smaller file size but same sound quality
about vorbis *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorbis
skins *memphisx.freesuperhost.com/EN/Symbian/oggplayskins.htm

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
For E-Books,symbian has everything now (Winmo too has all)!

9.PDF plus: Better than native 'AdobeLE reader'

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0098.jpg

10.iSilo: Good stuff,you have 'fullscreen' and 'autoscroll' modes too!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0095.jpg

11.MobiCHM: Recent addition,few bugs are there,even then a good stuff:

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0085.jpg

12.Mobireader: Age old software,one of the best e-readers around!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0091.jpg

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Here is the blog post I wrote for all the applications I use in My Nokia 79 & how I use them. *gxsaurav.com/how-i-use-my-new-toyi-mean-nokia-n79.html

If you want a good theme with Nokia Touch Icons then have a look at Blue Touch by larsson

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
@Cool G5,I've not used IRC client,but there is a Freeware,"mIRGGI"....You can have a look:

*www.mobiletopsoft.com/board/1947/mirggi-real-irc-client-for-symbian-s60-3rd-edition-released.html

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
13.Profimail: Many email clients like free 'emoze',seven are available,but Profimail with full HTML support needs special mention,worth for money!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0048-1.jpg

14.MS Dict: Best dictionary s/w:
*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0102.jpg

15.F-Secure: AV + Firewall
*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0050.jpg

16.IVCM: Very useful 'Call Management' software,a must for s60v3.

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0049.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
LCG rocks.
I wonder how can they bring such innovation everytime.
All LCG apps are in a league of their own.

I just wish they bring out a browser then the symbian browser market should get damn interesting.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
17.Skype & iSkoot: Both freeware,iSkoot allows even calling skype friends:

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0089.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0103.jpg

18.Real Player: If edited properly using good source files,built-in Real player gives good video quality,only problem is there is no FF/REW buttons.Smartmovie editing gives average quality .avi videos but player has all controls.

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0058-1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0059-1.jpg

......................................>

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Why not use Fring instead of Skype & iSkoot? Using Fring you can also voice chat on Google Talk & Windows Live messenger

I started using Shozu yesterday. Using Shozu I can upload pics to Flickr & Videos to Youtube over WiFi or EDGE. I can also make post on my wordpress based blog.

By the way, I did not know that I can rearrange stuff on the Symbian OS Menu screen. I rearranged it like the way I had in my Sony Ericsson K750i & everything is mapped to the keypad. I like to have 12 icons only on any screen as then i can access them with keypad instead of hovering & then clicking on it.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3450/3287347477_37699f4647.jpg?v=0

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/3288164378_b69712d638.jpg?v=0

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/3288165572_0b2cb18ebc.jpg?v=0

It has all the Applications I use most frequently available on the repsective keypad button. Those apps which I don't need much are inside the applications folder. Tools has system settings etc. Plz show yours too, this way we can find out each other's most used apps. The screenshots were taken using Screenshot for Symbian OS

One question. Opera Mini & GMail are JAVA applications & there icon looks quite bad. I got SVG Icons for both these application as well as PNG, is there any way i can change the icon of these applications to something better?

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^^ nice share,friend!

My F-Secure did some good job recently!!!!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0110.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0109.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0108.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Screenshot0107.jpg

I believe some 'signed' buletooth trojans are around even for s60v3 platform???!!!!!

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^I encountered the same virus on my friends N70. It was in the same file love.rm. Other variants are 5e><.mp3 etc. Once infected the virus sends itself to all other bluetooth phones while sending some other files.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I have F-Secure trial installed but disabled. I just enable it to run a weekly check on my N79 & disable it again. The way I use, I don't think I will get a virus.

k4ce

Youngling
FONTROUTER MAN

This is a great app with which u can change fonts and font sizes .. u can choose any font from any location on your fone or memory card ... u can magnify of diminish it apart from other effects ... one app for all font related activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom