Suggestions about iPod Touch

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Hi,

I am going to buy iPod Touch 32 GB. So I want some suggestions from you guys, any pros and cons about the device.

I have a few queries.

1. As the battery of Apple devices cannot be replaced, so approximately for long will it last?

2. I have a Broadband connection at home. So will the iPod Touch connect to the router through Wi-Fi without any problems?

Please give suggestions for and against this purchase I am going to make.

ritvij

rated R
Hi,

I am going to buy iPod Touch 32 GB. So I want some suggestions from you guys, any pros and cons about the device.

I have a few queries.

1. As the battery of Apple devices cannot be replaced, so approximately for long will it last?

2. I have a Broadband connection at home. So will the iPod Touch connect to the router through Wi-Fi without any problems?

Please give suggestions for and against this purchase I am going to make.

1) i am using my iPod touch 3g 32gb for the last 2.5 yrs.. i haven't faced any problems with its battery.. i easily get about 24 hours audio on full charge..

2) i use the same way for wifi..
btw, why dont you get an iPhone 3gs in the same price..;)

aroraanant

Explorer
Ipod touch is really an awesome device.
Just don't worry about battery, it will work fine for years.
And also you can access Wi-Fi without any problem.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
iPod touch which I used some 4 years back, the 4/8 GB one, is still one of the best device I've ever used for net surfing. There is no connection problem whatsoever, you'll just love the browser.
And battery lasts long enough.

suyash24seven

Journeyman
been using iPod Touch 4G 32GB since last one year, and i can confidently say that it's an exceptional device! :cool: i am very happy with my decision to purchase it. the app store is very very vast, with great games and apps, and they keep going on sale, so if you can have just a little bit of patience you can get a 7$ app for 1$ :p

yes, the wifi gets connected without any hassles.

pros:
1. very classy device, looks amazing, iOS is extremely elegant.
2. retina display - games look lovely on it. and there are SO many of them on the app store.
3. safari browser is the closest i've ever seen to browsing on the computer. it's the only handheld device (apart from tablets) on which i can browse the internet for a prolonged period of time.
4. i sometimes make audio recordings of my classes and seminars and the quality of the resultant track is great.
5. music quality is very good.
6. you'll find apps for almost everything on the app store. i specially love fitness apps, using which i learn exercises in detail without spending for a trainer.

cons:
1. no 3G :cry:
2. you can't turn accelerometer off! this gets irritating when i'm lying down in a comfortable position trying to scroll through 9gag! :p
3. backside prone to scratches. nice covers are available on ebay though.
4. poor battery life. while playing heavy games, battery doesn't last more than 2-2.5 hours.

despite the cons, i say you get it, it's a brilliant device, and you'll love it! :)

Sarath

iDota
iPod is one of the best devices one can own. None of your queries will pose a problem. I didn't need a battery replacement for 3 years now and it's still going strong. Don't know what they put in there.

It's audio quality is good but not the best in that price bracket. But you won't notice the difference unless you are looking for it.

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Thank You guys for your suggestions.

I have been longing for an iPod for so many years mainly because of its sound quality. And now the time has come.

I read on the net that a new version of iPod Touch could be out this year end. So a wise decision would be to wait for a few months because except for a few changes, there hasn't been any exceptional change in this device for so many years and the new version could bring many new features. Although I also wanted it to be designed like iPhone 4 (brick body), but I just can't wait any longer now. I will purchase it next month as soon as my salary comes.

I am also planning to buy a good set of headphones which could work with iPod as well as my laptop for playing games. I may go for one from Sennheiser.

Thanks guys once again for sparing your time for me.

amjath

Human Spambot
About warranty,
My frd got a new ipod touch as replacement from Apple care. His warranty was about to end in few days. Lucky fellow huh :mrgreen:

[His ipod went kaboom because of continuous jail breaking]

the current 5th gen ipod touch has got everything. I wanted to buy one because of its OS and thinner design 7.2mm :shock:

I prefer waiting cause new ipod touch may have bigger screen :chinscratch:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ theres no 5th gen itouch ;).

Ipod touch 4 Con
1)when i have the device in my hand without the cover.I feel i might break it :( yeah its very thin

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
used a cowon. that stuff is overpriced like crazy when it launches, and its gonna drop to trash status soon. D2+ was 16K when it came out, and 2K when it went out

that said, it has incredible battery life, like up to a week, its an essential mp3 player, and its rough and tough, built like a brick
but crazy overpriced, dont ignore that

dont use the iPod as an mp3 player at all. keep aside a budget for premium apps, only then is it paisa vasool
once you start getting apps, you will start wanting more ipods, iphones and ipads just to use those apps on

ajayritik

Technomancer
used a cowon. that stuff is overpriced like crazy when it launches, and its gonna drop to trash status soon. D2+ was 16K when it came out, and 2K when it went out

that said, it has incredible battery life, like up to a week, its an essential mp3 player, and its rough and tough, built like a brick

dont use the iPod as an mp3 player at all. keep aside a budget for premium apps, only then is it paisa vasool
once you start getting apps, you will start wanting more ipods, iphones and ipads just to use those apps on

^^+1
Had a similar experience with Cowon A3. Quite bulky. But good for listening music.

Pradz

Right off the assembly line
^^+1
Had a similar experience with Cowon A3. Quite bulky. But good for listening music.

There is a lot of chatter on the net about J3's music playback being better than Ipod...Even as a complete package, J3 seems to be a standout player...but it is being discontinued now..

I need to makeup my mind and decide on the following three players -

Cowon J3 (risk of not getting service support later on)
Cowon Z2 (too new and reports of bugs in the system)
Ipod Touch

Guys...help me decide....Thanks...

There is a lot of chatter on the net about J3's music playback being better than Ipod...Even as a complete package, J3 seems to be a standout player...but it is being discontinued now..

I need to makeup my mind and decide on the following three players -

Cowon J3 (risk of not getting service support later on)
Cowon Z2 (too new and reports of bugs in the system)
Ipod Touch

Guys...help me decide....Thanks...

ritvij

rated R
get the iPod touch as it is a much better all rounded device.. it is expensive then more than many phones out there but its a life of pure luxurious interface waiting for you..:)

amjath

Human Spambot
I would prefer to say wait cause something BIG is coming

Purported fifth-gen iPod touch panel slips out, shows a tall 4.1-inch screen that's possibly iPhone-bound -- Engadget

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Hi,

So finally, I have purchased iPod Touch 32 GB.

Now there's a problem. How do I activate it?

When I plug it into my laptop which is connected to the net, and also start iTunes, iTunes detects it and starts accessing iTunes Store but never finishes it. I put it for 2 hours but no activity followed.

Please help

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi,

So finally, I have purchased iPod Touch 32 GB.

Now there's a problem. How do I activate it?

When I plug it into my laptop which is connected to the net, and also start iTunes, iTunes detects it and starts accessing iTunes Store but never finishes it. I put it for 2 hours but no activity followed.

Please help

u have to create an account in itunes to sync to itunes store & purchase apps/games.:cool:

Top Bottom