Suggestion needed for a Smartphone (Budget ~25k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanraj

Broken In
Hi All..

I am planning to buy a new phone..
My Budget is somewhere around 25k..

What would be the best option for me to go with?

I would like to have an Android based phone with good features, good large screen, decent sound quality, decent battery life..

I did some search and found out these:
1. HTC Desire HD (heard this has too bad battery life.. is it really that bad??)
2. HTC Desire
3. Samsung Galaxy S (plastic light casing & HTC sense looks better than touchwiz 3.0 to me)
4. HTC Evo 4g (is this available in India? would this work with Indian CDMA service providers?)
5. Samsung Nexus S (Seems even this is not officially released in India.. right?)

Which would be the best to go for?

I suppose the apple iPhone 4 is out of my budget scope..
How is iPhone 4 compared to the above phones?

Would appreciate your inputs and suggestions on this...

Thanks...

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i am not sure if its possible or a good option according to others, but get HTC Desire + a higher rated battery (total will be 25-26k) as you clearly mentioned about descent battery life. or if you want battery to be good & ready to have any descent mobile, forget Android & get Nokia N8 or Nokia N900.

OP
D

dhanraj

Broken In
Thanks for the advices..

But i am looking at Android based phones at the moment..
And maybe i am willing to compromise for bit of battery life for features...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nokia N900 has resistive touchscreen
but
camera
N8 is the best VFM ^ phone ever launch

N900 have a good keyboard so no problem if it relies on resistive, capacitive or no touchscreen.

Our you can wait for nokia n9 which may have meego.

3-4 moths for rumors or leaked photos to surface. another 3-4 months to get it announced & than 2-3 moths to get it launched & add 2 month more to get it launched here & avl freely = 2012.

as you mentioned iphone 4 is out of your budget, why not go for :

- LG optimus one 12k
- iPod 4g 32 gb 15k

Both will cost you around 26-27k depending upon the discount and you can enjoy Android and iOS.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Get Desire. Battery issue is common for most android devices. But what Desire offers you is great display, superb UI and more importantly, one hell of support from modding community. just go and get it. if you need more help, check with sriharsha_maddineni and amitabhishek.

OP
D

dhanraj

Broken In
ok..

and what about the dual core processor based phones that are gonna be out..
The LG Optimus x2, Motorola Atrix... etc

How long would it take for them to come to Indian market?
But the new phones would be launched at high costs i guess and might take few more months for the prices to come down...

is it worth waiting for them?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ nobody can that. it may take 2-3 months to 6 months. so, get whats offering best value as of now. you got the cash, the mobile is ready, get it. no point waiting. you wait for Atrix, Samsung Galaxy S2 will get released. this will never end.

somulesnar

Journeyman
The Nokia N8 is a flagship phone with premium feel, and still, with Symbian^3, it feels like the pinnacle of Nokia that were, a peak hardware effort, before the Finnish company morphs into something yet unknown. Nokia wanted to make the highest end device to run a tried and true mobile OS that millions of users are accustomed to for years. In that respect, it is an evolutionary phone, despite some best-in-class features.

The Samsung Galaxy S, on the other hand, represents the top effort of a novel path that Samsung undertook with Android, having the fastest graphics chipset in a phone, and an enormous 4” Super AMOLED screen. Nokia N8 is like the brilliant film of a beloved movie star at the zenith of their hectic carrier, while the Galaxy S is the straight-As grad student, ready to change the world.

u wud better go through this link stated below without taking firm decisions. In my point of view u wud better go for the android option of samsung than nokia because the samsung galaxy s beats the nokia n8 in every aspect except in camera quality. And of of course u r not buying a phone for camera only. So take ur decisions mindfully after going through this.

Face Off Nokia N8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S | SmartPhone Envy

OP
D

dhanraj

Broken In
nah. not HD. HD has pathetic LCD display and puny battery. stay away from it.

hmm.. even i heard bad reviews on Desire HD's battery life.. how bad is it compared to Desire?
and i read there are 2 versions of Desire too.. one with S-LCD display (like in HD) and other with AMOLED.. and currently in market its S-LCD...
How do i identify if its AMOLED or S-LCD version?

@somulesnar
thanks for the link.. was real good comparison between N8 & Galaxy S..
i feel Galaxy S is better off the two after reading that...

guys how is Galaxy S compared to Desire and Desire HD?
any inputs on this?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm.. even i heard bad reviews on Desire HD's battery life.. how bad is it compared to Desire?
and i read there are 2 versions of Desire too.. one with S-LCD display (like in HD) and other with AMOLED.. and currently in market its S-LCD...
How do i identify if its AMOLED or S-LCD version?

@somulesnar
thanks for the link.. was real good comparison between N8 & Galaxy S..
i feel Galaxy S is better off the two after reading that...

guys how is Galaxy S compared to Desire and Desire HD?
any inputs on this?

Galaxy S is better specs wise and usage wise but Samsung not ready to move away from RFS and keeping the UI laggy is bit disappointing. You can fix it by applying mods though. Desire is from HTC and HTC is ahead of Samsung in releasing updates for the phone.

OP
D

dhanraj

Broken In
The HTC Desire's desciption on flipkart site says its equipped with S-LCD screen..

is there any price difference between the 'HTC Desire with Amoled screen' & 'HTC Desire with S-LCD screen'?
and which is better?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Symbian ^3 is loosing grounds to android as time passes. Guess nokia wil soon join the android bandwagon.

I will vouch for HTC android based phones anyday. But don't understand why desire hd is not that desirable. Anybody want to throw some light on this? desiibond??

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Nexus S with latest OS 2.3 and with 1500mAh battery should be a good option,

Available in eBay,price around 32K (above ur budget,but worth getting it)

Only drawback in Nexus S is there is No memory card slot,we have rely on 16GB internal memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom