Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityaksharma

Broken In
first of all ........ thank god ...... the individaul reviews on games is back... welcome tht .....
extend it to... hardaware test and apps....... too...
also the last two issues were good.....
reduce the number of adz..... and .... there were a couple of ads of a mens mag..... nothing techie about it there so.... y ws it there people!!!!
disc.. well more coverage of linux both in the mag and the disc would b welcome....
it really will b to people like me.!!! so kinda please do tht

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hi I'am Kaustav Acharya a student of class XI.I liked the old digit.Digit's new avatar is not that attractive.Now instead of being a 'special' geek magazine it has been reduced to a just another mass 'tech' magazine.

It now contains more offtrack articles, rather than core tech articles,product reviews and hands on workshop.

I don't understand why there are more articles on business than on modding?More articles on what people think of technology than what drives that technology? More articles on wheres and whens than on how and what ??:-?

Guys this is a tech magazine for 'geeks'.Sure ! its our technology navigator but it doesnt have to be so down to earth .Guys put more attitude in the articles. Include short but informative articles.Please increase the number of articles.!!!!!please!!!!!!!

Now the articles are bigger and fewer than before.They are also hollow and confusing ,requiring more clarification.Well we ARE geeks but we are not rocket scientists! :)

I loved the hardware workshops digit published before.

I used to love the exotic hardwares in droolmaal.

I used to loved the hardware and software reviews.

Now most of these are either missing or are negligible in quantity and quality. Digit's present format of magazine is uninspiring.The colours are meek are silent.

I have no complaints about the interactive contents.These can be changed any time.But its the magazine which attracts us readers.The fast track's great.I also have no problem with the PAPER quality but the QUALITY of the THE ARICLES needs a lot of improvement.

Please do away with gender benders, techway-oldway,tech tabloid,one silly question and other useless stuff.

Kindly ponder over my thoughts that i have expressed.I've joined the forum recently.But whenever i view the feedback section ,its full of complaints.Why are you guys giving any scope to complaint??

My final advice:: PLEASE REVERT BACK TO WHAT DIGIT WAS LIKE IN 2002-2004!!!!

blackpearl

The Devil
Actually this is a Demand post but I thought it better to post it in the suggestion section. This is because Digit often fails to give virus defination updates of Anti Virus softwares and I see no point of repeating this demand every month. The virus definations should be included in each and every DVDs of Digit, each month. Why should we keep on requesting for such an important file?

Please give virus defination files of the important antivirus s/w every month. Make sure that its the first thing that goes into the CD/DVD. Other s/w can wait.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
My suggestion list would be this:

1) Include more and more Developer Tools and Multimedia Tools

2) Start a new section in the CD / DVD and name it "UPDATES" and include virus definitions of all the major AV companies, Updates for the Firewalls, Definitions for Anti-Spywares and many such softwares

3) Provide latest updates for SW that are updated often such as Dreamweaver, M$ Windows (you can move the Autopatcher here), Flash, Norton Systemworks , and other such S/W !

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
Digit Software Archieve

When I need any software I have to search every cd/dvds. So I need a complete database and a powerful search engine. Before I send my ideas to Digit I found "Digit Software Archive". I installed it and start searching. But I found the stuffs for January and February 2006. What about the contents of the cd/dvds of the preveous years. When I make any sily mistake in the key words I found it that the search engine does not recognise it. Very poor seach engine. I hope it should be as powerful as Google.
Well, as it is in the bata testing verson it is manageble. You should develope it. Whre is the second verson? It should be in the March2006 cd. I want to make an active participation in the developement of it, but I need a certificate and some gifts if you plese with my support. :)

visualreactor

Right off the assembly line
Read some of the old CHIP issues [ the name of your magazine ages ago ]. There was something special about CHIP that is missing in Digit.

PS - I am reffering to CHIP - the magazine DIGIT was called before and not the CHIP-INDIA that's in the stands these days ...

LegendKiller

In the zone
My suggestions....

See i read pcmagazine and pcworld of the us on my computer,ofcourse download through bittorrent!
The one thing i like about them is their reviews of the products and other tech stuff!
I know you guys do a hell of the electronic items...but i think digit lacks behind in software reviews...
a primary function of a tech magazine is to guide users about new softwares and review some of the important categories like..
1.Backup
2.Security suites
3.email clients and junk control..
4.online privacy
5.and stuff which makes life better like firefox,download manager,rss clients...etc..
I am also impressed with your gaming review section....it was good last time in march edition....
i would encourage you to see these magazines which i mentioned and find technical stuff which u experts can see....

adhirk

Need monthly Antivirus updates

Hi,
I totally agree with blackpearl regarding the monthly antivirus updates. :)
Please include monthly antivirus updates like McAfee/Norton etc. in the DVDs. I once read it in Digit magazine that the whole point of including softwares/updates in CDs was to reduce downloading burden on readers. So please include the antivirus updates regularly so that we don't have to download from the net. :D

digital-thought

x86_64 area is missing

16bit is gone, 32bit is leaving, since last 6 months Intel as well AMD are dumping 64 bit processors like there is tomorrow. M$ as well as Linux gurus are sitting leazzily with their x86_64 versions of os. I think being a prominant IT magazine and a trusted guide for me and other active readers, you should help us to test & taste of 64 bit arena.

Can begin your patron-ship in this segment by giving hot-served Fedora Core 5 x86_64 version in coming months DVD. I remember my own confusion/dilema when shifted from 16 bit to 32 bit. But finally resulted into better present. I hope whole reader community will support me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not chain knowledge in boundries of our, your & their. Support OSS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion is to remove that cardboard from the digit packet. It makes the package more bulkier and I presume it adds printing cost, material cost and also postage/transportation costs. So, if that cardboard thing is removed, I think, it will be much convenient to us (I am a news stand reader) and also will help you to reduce costs. In my opinion just a Magazine sized plastic cover is enough with room fro DVD and fast track!!!...please reply

blackpearl

The Devil
pratheesh_prakash said:
My suggestion is to remove that cardboard from the digit packet. It makes the package more bulkier and I presume it adds printing cost, material cost and also postage/transportation costs. So, if that cardboard thing is removed, I think, it will be much convenient to us (I am a news stand reader) and also will help you to reduce costs. In my opinion just a Magazine sized plastic cover is enough with room fro DVD and fast track!!!...please reply

I agree on that too. The cardboard cover is useless and only adds to the printing cost. I buy the magazine from the stands too and infact I often leave the cardboard on the stands and take away only the mag and the other stuffs. The cardboard only makes it difficult to carry it about.

I hope Digit solves this problem soon.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
blackpearl said:
pratheesh_prakash said:

I agree on that too. The cardboard cover is useless and only adds to the printing cost. I buy the magazine from the stands too and infact I often leave the cardboard on the stands and take away only the mag and the other stuffs. The cardboard only makes it difficult to carry it about.

I hope Digit solves this problem soon.

Well, I agree completely with u guys too.
What I also suggest is that they should give the magazine in Seal-King type of plastic cover.
The current plastic cover they give is very sensitive & once ripped cannot be used again.
Currently what I do is, buy the Seal King covers from market & store the magazine in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom