Suggestion Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
As everybody is slowly moving on to higher RAM capacity machines, wouldn't it be nice if Digit guys start giving 64-bit distros Ubuntu,SUSE etc.

@Plasma_Snake
64-bit has not spread as fast as we would have liked it to, but its a point worth considering

I would strongly advice against it. 64bit has shown no REAL improvements over 32bit as far as linux is concerned, except in multimedia related stuff. Till then, i686 will do.

And unlike windows, 32bit Linux indeed DOES support over 4GB RAM. It supports upto 16GB RAM. So please find 100 people with over 16GB RAM who buy digit and then I can agree its worth considering offering 64bit distros just for the sake of ram atleast once an year.

And if you want PROPER 64bit distros, you need to use something good like Gentoo or Arch. Ubuntu64 is actually often slower than Ubuntu32. And SuSE/Ubuntu64/32 loose to Arch686 any day.

goel.suraj

Broken In
Digit want to make some chages come back on right track :rolleyes:

I am regular of the Digit since 2004 the digit not mating the customer expectation in this year. Digit is actually practice to the tech geek first choice & it also a best magazine in the technology but at this time making money otherwise to innovation and reduce heritage Goodwill in the Technology peak. But the expectation had not fulfilled by the Digit. At this time new firm which acquire digit making profit rather than enhance the knowledge and extra gain from other magazine? There are some important facts cast a glance I am mentioned some acknowledgment facts after seeing in the full year magazine of 2008 and CD&DVD are:rolleyes::

1. There is only one special edition in the last year. But this year really pay more money pay to the digit. Can you explain why the 4 Special Edition in this year? This is only used as the profit making because the magazine nothing got special at all until Pay Rs.200 is such really high price.

2. Poor Packing in the August and November Issue. I would like to CD & DVD is not working properly and got scratch in the polythene. The CD case is really protective from damage and good collection for customer except the loose packing. The old packing is really good.

3. After the anniversary edition most digit customer expected that the next issue comes with 2 Dual-layer DVD. But its really not fulfill the expectation at least the one Single-layer DVD and one Dual-layer DVD. The new year really hopeful do in this matter.

4. Why you stop the "Take a Crack"? This is the blood of the magazine and started from 2004. The magazine not for only students But the professional is also read. Would you maintain the boundaries and some latest tech?

5. Repeating Many times of previous year Mazzini & fast track in the pdf format.

6. DVD & CD contents also less day by day and many freeware not give the new software & essentional.

7. Reduce the pages in this year magazines and increase ads or advertisements.

I expected that Digit take some necessary changes in the for maintaining India No. 1 Top magazine. Any responses send on may goel.suraj@live.com

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
When are we getting the AJAX functionality back in the forum? It has been turned off since 6 months now. For people like me who are using Dial-up, it is really a pain in the a$$ when we see the page loading for editing our post.

I hope we get it back soon. :)

One more thing, Image attachments are not working. I also hope that they're rectified soon. :)

j_h

Banned
I would strongly advice against it. 64bit has shown no REAL improvements over 32bit as far as linux is concerned, except in multimedia related stuff. Till then, i686 will do.

And unlike windows, 32bit Linux indeed DOES support over 4GB RAM. It supports upto 16GB RAM. So please find 100 people with over 16GB RAM who buy digit and then I can agree its worth considering offering 64bit distros just for the sake of ram atleast once an year.

And if you want PROPER 64bit distros, you need to use something good like Gentoo or Arch. Ubuntu64 is actually often slower than Ubuntu32. And SuSE/Ubuntu64/32 loose to Arch686 any day.

I agree with metal here. Dont give out 64 bit distros man. lots of bugs.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The forum attachment module is not working since the forum software was upgraded. All uploaded files get corrupted. If this problem can't be fixed atm, please disable the whole attachment feature so that members don't waste their time in uploading the file. :)

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
The magazine not for only students But the professional is also read. Would you maintain the boundaries and some latest tech?

Digit should read this sentence thousand times.. Digit becomes students' mag..
clean example : zero1 awards and fast track..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Digit want to make some chages come back on right track :rolleyes:

I am regular of the Digit since 2004 the digit not mating the customer expectation in this year. Digit is actually practice to the tech geek first choice & it also a best magazine in the technology but at this time making money otherwise to innovation and reduce heritage Goodwill in the Technology peak. But the expectation had not fulfilled by the Digit. At this time new firm which acquire digit making profit rather than enhance the knowledge and extra gain from other magazine? There are some important facts cast a glance I am mentioned some acknowledgment facts after seeing in the full year magazine of 2008 and CD&DVD are:rolleyes::

1. There is only one special edition in the last year. But this year really pay more money pay to the digit. Can you explain why the 4 Special Edition in this year? This is only used as the profit making because the magazine nothing got special at all until Pay Rs.200 is such really high price.

2. Poor Packing in the August and November Issue. I would like to CD & DVD is not working properly and got scratch in the polythene. The CD case is really protective from damage and good collection for customer except the loose packing. The old packing is really good.

3. After the anniversary edition most digit customer expected that the next issue comes with 2 Dual-layer DVD. But its really not fulfill the expectation at least the one Single-layer DVD and one Dual-layer DVD. The new year really hopeful do in this matter.

4. Why you stop the "Take a Crack"? This is the blood of the magazine and started from 2004. The magazine not for only students But the professional is also read. Would you maintain the boundaries and some latest tech?

5. Repeating Many times of previous year Mazzini & fast track in the pdf format.

6. DVD & CD contents also less day by day and many freeware not give the new software & essentional.

7. Reduce the pages in this year magazines and increase ads or advertisements.

I expected that Digit take some necessary changes in the for maintaining India No. 1 Top magazine. Any responses send on may goel.suraj@live.com

You really sound like a top of the line professional :razz:

The forum attachment module is not working since the forum software was upgraded. All uploaded files get corrupted. If this problem can't be fixed atm, please disable the whole attachment feature so that members don't waste their time in uploading the file. :)

+1 digit should fix the problem

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I totally agree. And let us have some choice for the theme without using Stylish. Or something like that.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Digit may provide a separate section in their website to enable knowledgable forum members to publish their own article/troubleshooting tips . That aricle/tips may be well categorised and verified by Team digit before publishing to website..

somzzy

Just thinking
In December issue of Digit (on page 44), they write a short review about MSI P7NGM-Digital

Motherboard. The funny peoples write its price is only Rs. 5500/-. After searching all the

market of Delhi and Chennai, when I call to the MSI Custoer Care they told me, this Motherboard

is available on arount Rs. 7000/-
So, I think the Digit Team's review is most FALTU thing. Please don't misguide peoples.

sanads

Tech Lover
thank u digit. wish u very warm happy new year
I have a demand please give the old digit os as cd/dvd menu creator for every one.
it should the best gift of the new year of all digit reader

umakanth

Right off the assembly line
This is really UNFAIR towards SUBSCRIBERS

I don't really know whether this message of mine should be written here (or) not, but I did not find any other thread to write this. Thats why I am writing this here coz it is mentioned as what you think should change, both in the magazine

This is really not Fair...I did not really think that DIGIT acts UNFAIRLY towards the DIGIT Subscribers treating the SUBSCRIBERS less than the NewsStand readers.

I have been reading DIGIT when it was CHIP & I am a SUBSCRIBER to the Magazine since 2-Years. I subscribed to the Magazine hoping that "I WILL RECEIVE THE MAGAZINE BEFORE it hits the NEWSSTANDS", but in vain. I observed that, DIGIT comes to the NEWSSTANDS in the "FIRST WEEK" of the Month itself & whereas I (being a SUBSCRIBER) receive it after 12th of every MONTH. I am not sure whether this is the case with me only (or) for every Subscriber of DIGIT.

:(
:)
:)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The issue u just mentioned was before there, but now its resolved (until n unless u stay in a very remote place). I received my copy today. And this quick service is going on for the past 3-4 months.

umakanth

Right off the assembly line
Re: rhitwick

I Live in the Middle of the BANGALORE City (Viz., Banshankari area)...
I can't do anything if DIGIT PEOPLE think that my LIVING place is a Remote Area & I don't think MIDDLE-Bangalore is a REMOTE place...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude, if u r so worried, why not write a letter to editor.
U r a subscriber and u have every right to ask questions....
go 4 it. We are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom