Suggest me a good Bass Headphone for a budget of 1.5k

.jRay.

Youngling
Skullcandy smokin buds: bass but lower volume.

Ink'd supreme sound : great balance, and loud.

Riot: moderate bass but loud as anything.

Tekfusion twinwoofers : good, but I like Ink'd supreme sound the best of all.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
^^Buddy, you sure have not tuned to other options. Skullcandy charges money just for the brand value. Most of the people in India (non-audiophiles) are fascinated by it just because they love flaunting a fancy pair of branded IEMs. You d always be better with sound magic or creative at low budget.

If u can raise ur budget a bit - you ll have VSonic at your disposal at ~2k which are the best bet at that price currently not just in India but everywhere.

surajr2567

Broken In
Get Soundmagic E10 from Homeshop18 which costs you exactly 1.5k:
*www.homeshop18.com/sound-magic-e10-ear-headphone-red-black/electronics/audio-video-players/product:30139342/cid:3230/?pos=4

Thetrueblueviking

^^ thats a good deal :)
If OP can stretch to 1.5k, its a good buy.
I had the e10s. They are a decent pair of IEMs. A bit similar to the tekfusion twinwoofers - but slightly better and far more durable. The twinwoofers are also an awesome buy for a basshead but the build is not good. Especially the strain relief is horrible at the Y joint and one thing is for sure that they wont last more than 4 months for a normal user (1 month for a rough user).

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Can't get EP630 Less than 750 INR on any of the online sites,i think i have to buy it from Nehru Place.

surajr2567

Broken In
^^ thats a good deal :)
If OP can stretch to 1.5k, its a good buy.
I had the e10s. They are a decent pair of IEMs. A bit similar to the tekfusion twinwoofers - but slightly better and far more durable. The twinwoofers are also an awesome buy for a basshead but the build is not good. Especially the strain relief is horrible at the Y joint and one thing is for sure that they wont last more than 4 months for a normal user (1 month for a rough user).

I bought it 15 days ago but not yet touched it.No shipping at my place.Thats why.I am very eager to feel/hear my first headphone(E10) :D
Will get it soon.
I hope it doesn't troll me :D

Thetrueblueviking

I bought it 15 days ago but not yet touched it.No shipping at my place.Thats why.I am very eager to feel/hear my first headphone(E10) :D
Will get it soon.
I hope it doesn't troll me :D

It sure wont unless u are very unlucky so as to have received a defective piece. Its a good buy at 1.5k :)

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
I tried Different sources,there was no difference of sound...tried on HTC Chacha,XPS 15 and even Funbook,no difference in the sound!But didn't played the music for 40 hrs,once i play it for 40 hrs i'll let you know.

Thetrueblueviking

Let it play for 40hrs and only then the true sound of it will come through. Try different sources to check its sound.

OP said he wants more bass. IMO, Burn in will sort of help to open up the bass. It wont increase it :p

And there's a fair chance that OP doesn't even realize the difference especially because he is continuously listening while the burn in process occurs :|

As of now, I think the only thing that can help OP would be some BASS Equalizer settings.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
OP said he wants more bass. IMO, Burn in will sort of help to open up the bass. It wont increase it :p

Opening up the bass will make him hear extensions in lower end and the Q slope will get better.Hence substantial separation and more distinguished bass notes. You answered it yourself!!

Equalizer will kill the sound! HD 202II has the best sound in that segment.

Thetrueblueviking

Equalizer will kill the sound! HD 202II has the best sound in that segment.

The settling of drivers will sure help distinguish between different frequencies but it wont contribute to much increase in the bass (as in it wont punch a thud and there wont be much of a change in the amplitude), it ll just make the low notes warmer and controlled. That's just my experience of burn in - yours might differ. In-fact, some audiophiles even argue that the burn in is more of a virtual concept.

Bass strained Equalizer will reduce the mid range clarity however bass heads like OP seem to least care about that.

In India, you have to settle for HD202 II in that price range. Just hope in days to come, some good IEM/HP manufacturers find their way to India.

red dragon

Master troll
The settling of drivers will sure help distinguish between different frequencies but it wont contribute to much increase in the bass (as in it wont punch a thud and there wont be much of a change in the amplitude), it ll just make the low notes warmer and controlled. That's just my experience of burn in - yours might differ. In-fact, some audiophiles even argue that the burn in is more of a virtual concept.

Bass strained Equalizer will reduce the mid range clarity however bass heads like OP seem to least care about that.

In India, you have to settle for HD202 II in that price range. Just hope in days to come, some good IEM/HP manufacturers find their way to India.

Sennheiser HD2** and HD4** series are probably the worst offerings from them.
No matter what you do,they will sound like garbage.
BUT their relatively low priced on ear PX series is surprisingly good.

Top Bottom