Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
will do so after we have enough games listed on there and the sheet looks somewhat complete .. stay tuned ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
will do so after we have enough games listed on there and the sheet looks somewhat complete .. stay tuned ;-)

TG whenever you add games please mention which part you added so that it would be easier for me to continue from the next. Many times I opened Wiki page and all and saw that game was already there added by you. Today I have quite some time. Will add some games, I guess list will be complete in 1 or 2 days. If you want to add the list then you can add that on First post also. :)

Update : List Complete

I have not added the Indie Games. I'll make a new Sheet for that as it would be unwise to mix them up with these games.
I am also thinking about making a new List for Games you should play which will be valid for post no. 2. What say you ??

Here is the List for Must Play Indie Games
Indie Games You Must Play

Alright Fellas, pleas review the Sheet and tell me if its Okay or I need to make more modifications ?? Colors are good or bad thing, please give input.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I used to play one 2D game back in 2003/04 dont remember its name
It was like a guy in green shirt and he used to shoot etc

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Alright Fellas, pleas review the Sheet and tell me if its Okay or I need to make more modifications ?? Colors are good or bad thing, please give input.

OMG! All my respect belongs to you! :D List of Indie games!! Whoah!! :D

Here are some more games to add:
And Yet It Movies
Audiosurf (not sure if it can be called "Indie")
Bastion
Universe Sandbox
and finally,
Indie Game: The Movie (MUST BE INCLUDED, even though its not a game :p)

And colors doesn't matter! :lol:

gameranand

Living to Play
Good work guys. esp GG. :)
Tell me if you need help with anything :D

Yeah lazy guy welcome aboard when everything is nearly complete. :D:D

Sweet list gameranand. Nice work |m|

Btw try grouping the games according to genre. Less clutter that way.
Thanks.
You mean sorting by Genre right ?? Let others comment. I'll arrange accordingly. :)

OMG! All my respect belongs to you! :D List of Indie games!! Whoah!! :D

Here are some more games to add:
And Yet It Movies
Audiosurf (not sure if it can be called "Indie")
Bastion
Universe Sandbox
and finally,
Indie Game: The Movie (MUST BE INCLUDED, even though its not a game :p)

And colors doesn't matter! :lol:

Its a WIP, I'll add many more games real soon, thanks to Kola's thread in Indie section. Taking game list from there. :)

Here are the links of both the list for easy access
Games You Must Play

Update - Both List Complete.

Please give your input and suggestions for necessary modifications.

Also as a member pointed out, which should be sorting order, Genre wise or Alphabetical ??

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Awww you know me :D :D
Still if anything is left tell me, i'll be free coming days as there wil be fest going on in our college soon

Most of the things are complete. See the Sheet and see if its needs some final touch-up or not.
Give me your Email ID so that I can add you as an Editor. Currently Me and TG are the editors.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Sorting order doesn't make sense much. Anyone who wants to do "analysis" of the list, can always "download" the list in .XLS format. And then sort/filter to his heart's content.
Thanks again for the list for this Indie game fanatic. ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Sorting order doesn't make sense much. Anyone who wants to do "analysis" of the list, can always "download" the list in .XLS format. And then sort/filter to his heart's content.
Thanks again for the list for this Indie game fanatic. ;)

You are welcome. :)
Actually I am asking because not many would like to download and sort it so asking, what should be default. Currently its in Alphabetical order.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TG whenever you add games please mention which part you added so that it would be easier for me to continue from the next. Many times I opened Wiki page and all and saw that game was already there added by you. Today I have quite some time. Will add some games, I guess list will be complete in 1 or 2 days. If you want to add the list then you can add that on First post also. :)

Update : List Complete

I have not added the Indie Games. I'll make a new Sheet for that as it would be unwise to mix them up with these games.
I am also thinking about making a new List for Games you should play which will be valid for post no. 2. What say you ??

from now on I'll add games starting next from the last number on the list and you'll arrange them in alphabetical order ... that should fix such issue.

no, don't make a separate sheet for the 2nd post .. the sheet can accommodate both and keep the list as it is ie in alphabetical order.

I prefer the plain sheet most but a colorful sheet is more easier on the eyes .. so keep it colorful ;-)

BTW, I've an idea - how about we make the 2nd post for the Indie games only ie embed the sheet ??

gameranand

Living to Play
from now on I'll add games starting next from the last number on the list and you'll arrange them in alphabetical order ... that should fix such issue.

no, don't make a separate sheet for the 2nd post .. the sheet can accommodate both and keep the list as it is ie in alphabetical order.

I prefer the plain sheet most but a colorful sheet is more easier on the eyes .. so keep it colorful ;-)

BTW, I've an idea - how about we make the 2nd post for the Indie games only ie embed the sheet ??
1. Yes do that it'll be helpful for me.

2. I disagree on that part, because we can't just keep adding game to that Must Play List, it will the same situation as the last time when we had to remover many games from that list remember.

3. Then Colorful it'll be.

4. Good Idea

Excellent list but why SH:Homecoming & RE5 not there?

Just wait for some time. Its a WIP and some decesions are yet to be made.

yeah, excellent list
I also have same question
plus (dead space2,3 || Singularity)

I have added Dead Space 1 and the whole series is not going to be in Must Play. As for Singularity it has mixed opinion so excluded it.

@ TG
OK I have an idea, hear me out.
I am noticing that we are having around 119 or something games in Must Play list. So I am thinking that lets make it top 100 Games of all time and we'll continue to maintain as the same. That means that if we have to add a game to that list then some game have to from the list also.
Now for the rest of the games we can make a new sheet and name it as Underrated or say Games you should Play and we can add games in that list which are worth play but not mentioned in top 100 list. That way we don't have to worry about the limits, of course not every game can make it to that list also and games must be real good to make it to that list.

Now as for Indie Games part, we can do that in 2nd post also and other option is to delete posts before my post which will mean many posts but they are quite old so I don't think that anyone would mind it. Or we can just ask the posters if they have any problem or not.

Now the 2nd Idea is to unsticky this thread and make a new thread. Just close this thread and sticky the new thread and we can continue the discussion there. This thread is already quite old and many pages long. Do the same every year to keep the thread neater. Just give the link to the old threads in new thread also so that if anyone wants to dig up then he can. And we'll give proper credits to everyone in the thread.

I am contradicting the idea of not making a new list because as you are already seeing that demands are already high for more games in the list and if we add as many games in that thread then it won't be much of a Must play as it would be like 200-300 games in future so consider the idea of 100 top games along with list of Games you should Play and Indie Games you Must Play.

The above can be made valid for both, if we make a new thread or continue on this thread. :)

Others also give input, including Piyush. :D:D

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
Hmmm... nice ideas there.

I'd recommend to keep Indie games post/sheet separate from other games . Rest looks good enough to me. And yea, a fresh thread would be a good.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Hi guys I just bought my new rig please suggest me some of the few games to begin with ....
And ya I'll be playing on hd400 till I buy the gpu....

gameranand

Living to Play
Seriously? AOE 3 And not AOE 1,2?
Actually I haven't played those games so added recent ones. Will modify and add AOE 2 and remove AOE3. :)

Hmmm... nice ideas there.

I'd recommend to keep Indie games post/sheet separate from other games . Rest looks good enough to me. And yea, a fresh thread would be a good.

Yes I am also thinking about making 3 sheets for the purpose of this thread and you better do some working on 3rd Sheet or I'm gonna kill you. :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom