Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
+1 to new thread. +1 also to a separate thread for Indie games.

As for maintaining a top 100 games list is concerned, it would be hard, since it would include "choosing" the top 100 games, causing debate/fights.
One way it to list the games in vote and then decide by voting. But then new games can't be added to the list. And creating a list with 100 games would be a challenge. (don't even know if its technically possible).

gameranand

Living to Play
Hi guys I just bought my new rig please suggest me some of the few games to begin with ....
And ya I'll be playing on hd400 till I buy the gpu....

As your current GPU is not strong enough so play the games which are quite old and when you get your GPU then play the more recent ones. :)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Actually I stated far cry 3 its running smoothly without any lags I was surprised it was giving that much performance in integrated gpu....

gameranand

Living to Play
+1 to new thread. +1 also to a separate thread for Indie games.

As for maintaining a top 100 games list is concerned, it would be hard, since it would include "choosing" the top 100 games, causing debate/fights.
One way it to list the games in vote and then decide by voting. But then new games can't be added to the list. And creating a list with 100 games would be a challenge. (don't even know if its technically possible).

Well obviously it would be challenge but it would be much better don't you think. I can think of around 19 games which can be deleted from that list and added to Games you Should Play and no one would offend AFAIK. As far as voting is concerned we can skip that one and first include 100 games that we think are Must play and see how crowd reacts and then we'll ask them that if we have to add their game in their list then what should be deleted. If it gets enough support then it'll be go or the previous list will hold.
Also debate are why we are there in Forum right so why go away from it. :D:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Yes do that it'll be helpful for me.

2. I disagree on that part, because we can't just keep adding game to that Must Play List, it will the same situation as the last time when we had to remover many games from that list remember.

3. Then Colorful it'll be.

4. Good Idea

Just wait for some time. Its a WIP and some decesions are yet to be made.

I have added Dead Space 1 and the whole series is not going to be in Must Play. As for Singularity it has mixed opinion so excluded it.

@ TG
OK I have an idea, hear me out.
I am noticing that we are having around 119 or something games in Must Play list. So I am thinking that lets make it top 100 Games of all time and we'll continue to maintain as the same. That means that if we have to add a game to that list then some game have to from the list also.
Now for the rest of the games we can make a new sheet and name it as Underrated or say Games you should Play and we can add games in that list which are worth play but not mentioned in top 100 list. That way we don't have to worry about the limits, of course not every game can make it to that list also and games must be real good to make it to that list.

Now as for Indie Games part, we can do that in 2nd post also and other option is to delete posts before my post which will mean many posts but they are quite old so I don't think that anyone would mind it. Or we can just ask the posters if they have any problem or not.

Now the 2nd Idea is to unsticky this thread and make a new thread. Just close this thread and sticky the new thread and we can continue the discussion there. This thread is already quite old and many pages long. Do the same every year to keep the thread neater. Just give the link to the old threads in new thread also so that if anyone wants to dig up then he can. And we'll give proper credits to everyone in the thread.

I am contradicting the idea of not making a new list because as you are already seeing that demands are already high for more games in the list and if we add as many games in that thread then it won't be much of a Must play as it would be like 200-300 games in future so consider the idea of 100 top games along with list of Games you should Play and Indie Games you Must Play.

The above can be made valid for both, if we make a new thread or continue on this thread. :)

Others also give input, including Piyush. :D:D

Well obviously it would be challenge but it would be much better don't you think. I can think of around 19 games which can be deleted from that list and added to Games you Should Play and no one would offend AFAIK. As far as voting is concerned we can skip that one and first include 100 games that we think are Must play and see how crowd reacts and then we'll ask them that if we have to add their game in their list then what should be deleted. If it gets enough support then it'll be go or the previous list will hold.
Also debate are why we are there in Forum right so why go away from it. :D:D

separate thread for Indie games and a Reloaded ;-) version of this thread should be done but I'm reluctant about the idea of 100 Top Games. The idea is noble indeed but like you said the voting system- how will this work for a game to take place on the Top 100 - it's a VB forum not a website entirely so we have some limitations technically most and indeed this thread was getting messy by the ever growing number of games but an excel sheet can hold lots of game names and still can look tidy. Now the only way I can think for the top 100 games ;ist to see daylight is using game ranking websites which uses multiple reviews to rank a game in average like these :
GameRankings - Video Game Reviews from around the Internet
*www.metacritic.com/

gameranand

Living to Play
separate thread for Indie games and a Reloaded ;-) version of this thread should be done but I'm reluctant about the idea of 100 Top Games. The idea is noble indeed but like you said the voting system- how will this work for a game to take place on the Top 100 - it's a VB forum not a website entirely so we have some limitations technically most and indeed this thread was getting messy by the ever growing number of games but an excel sheet can hold lots of game names and still can look tidy. Now the only way I can think for the top 100 games ;ist to see daylight is using game ranking websites which uses multiple reviews to rank a game in average like these :
GameRankings - Video Game Reviews from around the Internet
Metacritic - Movie Reviews, TV Reviews, Game Reviews, and Music Reviews

No...No...No....You got the wrong idea. I never said that we will use a voting system. Say I'll post top 100 games, you got a problem with a game, I'll ask you which game I'll delete to include your game. If ou get enough support even by posts then I'll modify it or my list will hold. I am saying about 100 games because we are naming the sheet as must play games and 200-300 games are not must play. We will continue to add other games in Games you should Play list. When a game is deleted from top 100 list then it will have a place in Games you should Play list. It won't just go away.

Also there is no need for seperate thread for Indie games and Hardcore games, I think second post could also suffice but thats upto our community what they and you'll decide I'm Okay with both. :)
Hey man, gimme access, I will contribute.

Please give me your Email ID and I'll add you as a Editor. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
No...No...No....You got the wrong idea. I never said that we will use a voting system. Say I'll post top 100 games, you got a problem with a game, I'll ask you which game I'll delete to include your game. If ou get enough support even by posts then I'll modify it or my list will hold. I am saying about 100 games because we are naming the sheet as must play games and 200-300 games are not must play. We will continue to add other games in Games you should Play list. When a game is deleted from top 100 list then it will have a place in Games you should Play list. It won't just go away.

Also there is no need for seperate thread for Indie games and Hardcore games, I think second post could also suffice but thats upto our community what they and you'll decide I'm Okay with both. :)

Pm'ed :)

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm thinking about adding AOM to the list of games, what do you think? Added, I started RTS with AOM, and I believe many of us here did so as well.

Added F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin, leaving F.3.A.R, IMHO not worth it.

Added STALKER Clear Sky.

Ok guys, for this I need your opinion, I think Mirror's Edge deserves a place here, its unique, and only one game to give us FP free running and the unique lighting, its the one game that had portrayed a futuristic world beautifully. What do you think?

Added HALO CE, leaving HALO 2 as I have no idea about it, some says it crashes with win 7, no support nothing.

Next, give impressions on Call Of Juarez : Bound In Blood

Added Spore.

Next, impressions on Lost Planet series.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well lets see. If we will make a top 100 list then I guess we'll have to delete some games from the list so please also consider this and make a list of games you want to eliminate from that list.

Also please give input if we should maintain 3 lists or not with proper reasoning and obstacles considering my solutions also.
1. Games you Must Play
2. Games you Should Play
3. Indie Games you Must Play.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I know you have not said anything about a voting system but talking about enough posts supporting for a game to be on top 100 list looks kinds a voting system .. coz what's the limit of the enough post and there always chance to counter opinion about a game .. so what shall be the positive / negative post limit ? Even if we have to do such thing for 50/25 games it will create a huge mess IMO. Say a game makes it way to the Top 100 list and after adding that some 10 posts later saying it should not be there ..

About Call Of Juarez : Bound In Blood - the best game in the whole series, SP mode is long enough, story is good and not to mention the great style and addictive gameplay which goes very well with the story.

gameranand

Living to Play
I know you have not said anything about a voting system but talking about enough posts supporting for a game to be on top 100 list looks kinds a voting system .. coz what's the limit of the enough post and there always chance to counter opinion about a game .. so what shall be the positive / negative post limit ? Even if we have to do such thing for 50/25 games it will create a huge mess IMO. Say a game makes it way to the Top 100 list and after adding that some 10 posts later saying it should not be there ..

About Call Of Juarez : Bound In Blood - the best game in the whole series, SP mode is long enough, story is good and not to mention the great style and addictive gameplay which goes very well with the story.

But if we don't do this then ihe list won't be much of a Must Play because it will be like 300-400 long in long run and that would be more messy. Lets first try it out, if it works out then OK otherwise we always have 2 lists. :)

tkin

Back to school!!

Yeah, awesome gameplay, and dem graphics :D :D

But if we don't do this then ihe list won't be much of a Must Play because it will be like 300-400 long in long run and that would be more messy. Lets first try it out, if it works out then OK otherwise we always have 2 lists. :)
The list size will be 200'ish, lets keep it that way.

Hey I have a plan, why don't we add a Metacritic Score column and an User Score(from metacritic) column, users can sort the list with that and find top 100? Or top whatever?

Last edited:
OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
Errr.. its time I should hop in.

The idea of rating a game/listing top x number of games sounds nice but it do have some drawbacks too:

-->Every person has his/her own taste He/She may love Game A instead of Game B (even though B was perceived as AAA title).
-->Meta critic score is the most valid score in my opinion, but it still IS the score given by gamers around the world, having their own tastes.
-->Having a list of 100/200/... is good but is cumbersome to maintain, coz each year the scenario changes, and if we wish to create a new thread each yr, no one would ever notice previous games (telling this after my personal exp)

I'm still ready to help in any way its required. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom