Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So should I start with Advanced WF2 as it is 300 bucks on flipkart and if it is good I can buy future soldier which is around 1k.

the game play differs a lot .. AW2 is a FPS but FS is a TPS game and this is really full of all hi-fi modern techj stuff and if I've to choose one between them I would have get the later one. And one more TC's game worth trying is Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Is it OK, if we can play Saints row 3 directly without playing Sr2?

completely different story line.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, go ahead but I'm surprised to see how come only 18 members participated in the poll ... I thought we have a lot more gamers among us and who cares about gaming related stuff.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
many won't agree on this for sure ;-) I still have not played the game but surely will and whether to add it or not can take some time.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we should make a different category say "honorable mentions" and put games like Crysis 3 under that. It's not a must play, but as on date one of the best display of DX11 graphics.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I think we should make a different category say "honorable mentions" and put games like Crysis 3 under that. It's not a must play, but as on date one of the best display of DX11 graphics.

Yeah and Kane and Lynch can take a spot in the list of honorable games too..

Regarding the must play games of all time list, i would suggest to organize them by genre rather than name, coz the name is not as important. Also it would help ppl who like a particular genre to immediatley identify the games they would be interested in. Also if we could some how add a rating feature to the games it would be more appropriate.

darkv0id

Journeyman
Sorry if this comes across as silly, but is the list on page 1 of this thread the definitive list of must play games?

^And I think Bharghav's suggestion is a good one, the genre is more important than the name.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Nothing like that, just some indications. And yeah, even I think genre is more important.

darkv0id

Journeyman
^No, I meant the list describes them as RTS games, instread of RPGs.

And while we are on the subject on RPGs, I hope the new list on games provides a brief description of genre and sub-genre of the games. For example a genre like RPG includes huge variety of games. If you ask someone who grew up in the mid 90's what comes to his mind when he hears the word "RPG", the answer would be something like Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, or KOTOR, the so-called "true" RPGs (btw, why are these games not on the list yet???). Whereas someone who has been recently introduced to the genre is likely to say Skyrim or Mass Effect (Which are more of "Action" RPGs).

Just saying, even two games in the same genre can provide vastly different experiences, so it'll be nice if the games are broken down into genres and sub-genres, with brief descriptions.

I hope I am making sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom