Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
Errr.. its time I should hop in.

The idea of rating a game/listing top x number of games sounds nice but it do have some drawbacks too:

-->Every person has his/her own taste He/She may love Game A instead of Game B (even though B was perceived as AAA title).
-->Meta critic score is the most valid score in my opinion, but it still IS the score given by gamers around the world, having their own tastes.
-->Having a list of 100/200/... is good but is cumbersome to maintain, coz each year the scenario changes, and if we wish to create a new thread each yr, no one would ever notice previous games (telling this after my personal exp)

I'm still ready to help in any way its required. :)
No no no, by user I mean avg metactitic user score, not us.

gameranand

Living to Play
OK then lets stick with previous plan then. But what about the games in second post ??
Should I add them in Games you must play or make a separate Sheet for that because there are some games which I want to be there but they are not and if I start adding them all in Main Sheet it would easily cross 150-200 mark I guess. :)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i think u guys are forgetting something we are not the reviewers here neither we are any rating websites which display like top 100 this top 100 that we should only focus on suggesting people games that are really fun to play ranking them would be like comparing and insulting the uniqueness of each game.........

as this thread suggests the first page is for reference only for example somebody just wants to c which genre games are suggested in first page and even after getting confused there they reply to this thread asking for suggestions i think this is the best way for god sake don't make this any ranking forum please....

Flash

Lost in speed
Completely agree with the above.
If we include rating from SOMEONE/SOMETHING apart from Digit readers who grew this thread, it certainly won't be SUGGESTION thread.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Errr.. its time I should hop in.

The idea of rating a game/listing top x number of games sounds nice but it do have some drawbacks too:

-->Every person has his/her own taste He/She may love Game A instead of Game B (even though B was perceived as AAA title).
-->Meta critic score is the most valid score in my opinion, but it still IS the score given by gamers around the world, having their own tastes.
-->Having a list of 100/200/... is good but is cumbersome to maintain, coz each year the scenario changes, and if we wish to create a new thread each yr, no one would ever notice previous games (telling this after my personal exp)

I'm still ready to help in any way its required. :)

exactly my view ;-)

i think u guys are forgetting something we are not the reviewers here neither we are any rating websites which display like top 100 this top 100 that we should only focus on suggesting people games that are really fun to play ranking them would be like comparing and insulting the uniqueness of each game.........

as this thread suggests the first page is for reference only for example somebody just wants to c which genre games are suggested in first page and even after getting confused there they reply to this thread asking for suggestions i think this is the best way for god sake don't make this any ranking forum please....

democracy and freedom ;-)

Yeah, awesome gameplay, and dem graphics :D :D

The list size will be 200'ish, lets keep it that way.

Hey I have a plan, why don't we add a Metacritic Score column and an User Score(from metacritic) column, users can sort the list with that and find top 100? Or top whatever?

I first thought of this idea ie using of rame ranking websites but let's make it our own home grown list where no one else should interfere, what say ? This would be the list for the future to follow, being too much optimistic but what's the harm doing so in the gaming world anyway ;-)

OK then lets stick with previous plan then. But what about the games in second post ??
Should I add them in Games you must play or make a separate Sheet for that because there are some games which I want to be there but they are not and if I start adding them all in Main Sheet it would easily cross 150-200 mark I guess. :)

The games on the 2nd post shoulkd on the Must Play list and note that put the word Mega on the first post for a purpose and 2nd post can be used for Indie games only and list of people who maintains the list.

BTW, I've an idea - gameranand said that putting 150-200 or more games on single page may look messy and I agree with him so why not we limit each sheet upto 150 -200 games as we all know a spreadsheet page can have multiple sheets .. this way all the game names still can be found under a single link and the page will look a lot tidy.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but then most of us are saying maintaining a list of Top 100 games neither a easy task nor may be a completely bias free list.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but still that's pretty much is the same thing. anyway adding a poll to this thread to get opinion about this idea - fair enough ?

Flash

Lost in speed
Only 100 must play games?

Is the game *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_(video_game) in the list?
Anyone played it? Its a true TPS on Wild-west.

gameranand

Living to Play
Only 100 must play games?

Is the game Gun (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the list?
Anyone played it? Its a true TPS on Wild-west.

No not just 100 Must play.
100 Must play + A new Sheet for remaining Games. :)

Vote as per your wish. :)
If you need more details, browse a couple of old pages and you'll know what we are talking about. :)

From the looks of it, I guess a new sheet will be made.

rock2702

Padawan
Which of the Tom Clancy games is the best?I m thinking of buying one of them,which one should I look at?Also are there any similar kind of games,I mean the genre which has team alpha,bravo and delta type.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which of the Tom Clancy games is the best?I m thinking of buying one of them,which one should I look at?Also are there any similar kind of games,I mean the genre which has team alpha,bravo and delta type.

best is Ghost Recon Future Soldier IMo ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play

1. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
2. Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God

advanced warfighter 2 is pretty good. haven't played future soldier but people say it's good.

rock2702

Padawan
So should I start with Advanced WF2 as it is 300 bucks on flipkart and if it is good I can buy future soldier which is around 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom