Suggest a great Mobile Within 5K to 8K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy a new mobile within 5k to 8k range , preferably close to 5k range. What I crave for is:
1. FM with great sound.
2. Good Quality Bluetooth
3. Mobile should have additional jack in its lead such that mobile songs/FM can be played in Computer speakers also.
4. GPRS
5. Additional features like >1.5 MP camera are always welcome :D

I currently have Motorola C168 . Now I want a new set because I want to use it for internet for my laptop via bluetooth and/or data cable.
Good Sound quality is a must as I am an audiophile. :)
Please help guys....

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^what do u mean by flash that to w610 etc ??? also please mention the prices if u know, please...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^as my friend has already mentioned..just changed the rankings...K750 best coz its an SE,has the best camera,has the best osound quality...cheers...

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
ok , I am thinking of nokia 3500c and Nokia 6233. Any drawbacks of these two ??? I will try going for 6233 if I could stretch my budget by 2k in 1 week or so.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
6233 is good.. or you c an go for 6300 also.. its almost same phone but more slim

Don't even think of 6300. It's worst phone ever made by Nokia. Battery struggles to stay for a single day and after few weeks, you have to charge it atleast twice a day. Pathetic signal quality. pathetic call quality pathetic battery life. It's not even worth a rupee.

And the problem is not for one or two individuals. It's for everyone that bought this phone. Moreover, the phone gets really hot after 10 minutes of call time.

6233 is thousand times better than 6300.

you can go for k550i. its camera is great and all other features are great
music is superb with handsfree but very poor with speakers comparing to other mobiles
but i think 6233 satisfies all your requirements. yup desibond is 100% right 6233 is 1000 times better than 6300.

Pathik

Google Bot
One more reason to get the 6233: It sounds eco friendly.. six two tree tree. (See 2 trees :D )
Sorry BTW, Bad PJ. :D

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Don't even think of 6300. It's worst phone ever made by Nokia. Battery struggles to stay for a single day and after few weeks, you have to charge it atleast twice a day. Pathetic signal quality. pathetic call quality pathetic battery life. It's not even worth a rupee.

And the problem is not for one or two individuals. It's for everyone that bought this phone. Moreover, the phone gets really hot after 10 minutes of call time.

6233 is thousand times better than 6300.

I was not aware of that.. one of my friend owns this phone and there was no probs so i suggested..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Get 6233.
Don't bother to go for 6300, it has a host of problems.
If you plan to take SE K550i, then do prepare to mod it or else it's no fun.

dtox

The Techno Perv
^^what do u mean by flash that to w610 etc ??? also please mention the prices if u know, please...

it means that u can convert ur k550i to w610i.. this is possible thru firmware hacking.. since hardware of both the fones is the same..

i suggest u look for SE models.. more specifically walkman models.. u get all the features u mentioned in w610/k550/k790.. and since SE phones r highly "moddable", u can add custom made acoustics which to my ears sounds better than ne nokia phone that ever existed..!! u can also do a 1000 more tweaks.. just check out infra_red_dude's tutorial in this forum..

and i m an audiophile too :D.. got w890 recently.. rocks my ears off!!

Last edited:

shirazhansen

Broken In
Just bought the 3500 couple of days ago.. seems gud so far.. but it's not exactly a music phone.. i think the 6233 will be better.. i was told the sound quality was even better than similarly priced sony erricson phones.. :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Just got my mum a K530i. Its a good phone for the price it retails (about 7.6k). Has a 2mp cam (sans autofocus), 3G (since its 3g it comes with a secondary front VGA cam, which is perceive is of no use till 3G comes to india), 512MB M2 mem. card, plus for if the dealer agrees you can get the bundled headset exchanged with the walkman ones (which are in-ear noise cancellation buds with a stereo jack which let you plugin any speakers, otherwise its just a 300-odd bucks extra purchase). If you are not a hardcore photographing freak I guess this is a good phone. Pretty much satisfied with the performance.

If you want Sony Cybershot branded phone you can go in for K550i. The only difference is that K550i has EDGE GPRS instead of 3G. K530i can be converted into W660i and K550i can be converted into W610i thru software modding since basically the underlying hardware is absolutely same. Since the hardware is same whether you convert the K series phone to W series or not, the sound quality is same in both - W series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom