Sudden drop in traffic to my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
i think page ranks are given coz of quality of the post....

mine mostly are cut and copy ( dont blame me.. i find little time to write a article .. so i C& P )

thats why mine is @ 1

anyway.. any news guys ?? why this happened to many ??? or say for two of us @ sam time

Nope. Quality of posts have no influence on Page Rank. It is indication of number of backlinks to your website. More the number of backlinks, higher will the page rank.

slugger

Banned
cud it be possible that some other site on the same subject has acquired a higher PR than yours and so now when people search for those keywords for which your site appeared higher now get to see that site first?

since they are gettting all d info from that site they r not clicking on your anymore

if u r usin google's webmaster's tool then you could see your sites rankin for keywords typed in the search engine - if it has gone down this month compared to last months then u are likely to have lesser visits

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nope. Quality of posts have no influence on Page Rank. It is indication of number of backlinks to your website. More the number of backlinks, higher will the page rank.
Does back link is directly proportional to the promotion of website ?
In that case I havent promoted mine till now, and there is one website which has just two posts and is having PR 3

Deep

Version 2.0
Check the site in Google Webmasters' section and see whats up there, pass the site address so people can check more info on it.

4-5 months old website should not have any problem.

Google has a policy to blacklist new sites. if your site is new, and gets large amount of traffic, than google may blacklist your site.

I don't see why google should blacklist the site if it's getting more traffic? No logic there, the issue could be with some bad stuff / script in the code or good old sandbox or bad backlinks.. as mentioned earlier google webmaster section should give more info on it.

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
No guys it seems google is playing with the page ranking system...as the link i gave you prev from webmaster.. You can see loads of people or site owners having problem...
Doesnt anyone having the same problem...

But my traffic grou increasing a bit...how to say whether its blacklisted or not?
My site shows in the search result and neither have problems with google crawlers or bots...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I don't see why google should blacklist the site if it's getting more traffic? No logic there, the issue could be with some bad stuff / script in the code or good old sandbox or bad backlinks.. as mentioned earlier google webmaster section should give more info on it.
there is a logic dear. There are few blackhat SEO methods...and Google is well aware about it. And that is why, I never do much SEO of my new launched sites.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@naveen,
if your site is shows up in results, it is not blacklisted. So be happy.

Do this:
1. Open your google analytics and see which keywords brought traffic to your site.
2. Enter those keywords and see at what position is your site.

If your position has dropped down, this may be the reason.

Also consider the possibility that there might not have been as much searches for those words as they were before. This is common.

Deep

Version 2.0
there is a logic dear. There are few blackhat SEO methods...and Google is well aware about it. And that is why, I never do much SEO of my new launched sites.

Hi,
I think if he knew blackhat stuff then you would have seen this post in those blackhat forums :). I am assuming that the thread starter has limited knowledge about SEO and working of search engines. So going step by step would give us hints to the actual problems. The stuff I mentioned (and some others too mentioned) were kind of first step to find out the cause.

@slugger - Thanks :) Yea, the blog has too deep roots ;)

Regards,
Deep

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Hi,
I think if he knew blackhat stuff then you would have seen this post in those blackhat forums :). I am assuming that the thread starter has limited knowledge about SEO and working of search engines. So going step by step would give us hints to the actual problems. The stuff I mentioned (and some others too mentioned) were kind of first step to find out the cause.
yes, I agree. He must not have tried any blackhat methods. But Google sometimes do such things with new sites. And after that, the site will appear in search result for old keywords, but will go down.

Do one things...........
1) Find out old keywords that gave you traffic.
2) Now find the position of those keywords for your site.

This will conform.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Actually it seems my key word which brought many traffic is no more showing as top key words in my analytics... I found the problem ...
Now my traffic is picking up slowly...
It seems its totally google's fault or say they are the ones who is doing some changes to their algorithm....
Hope it gets me heavy traffic here after..

Deep

Version 2.0
@naveen, your site might in sandbox period, though many people do not believe in sandbox but according to me, it's pretty logical to have new sites in sandbox period where google can test out the sites. In short, from seeing this, I do not see any reason to be worried of.

yes, I agree. He must not have tried any blackhat methods. But Google sometimes do such things with new sites. And after that, the site will appear in search result for old keywords, but will go down.

Yea, that is called Sandbox. But apart from that let me clear some basics about the new sites getting good amount links and the results in the search ranking.

Scenario 1:

You have a 2 month old tech blog with good stuff on it, you post some exclusive stuff, which gets you good amount of links. Say, in 2 months you get 100 quality 1 way links, logically these are too many links in such a short period of time BUT this is possible as the links are related to your site's theme and are from geniune sites (no bad neighbourhood). So google is never gonna ban your site, infact it will get the site ranking up and google will crawl your site more frequently.

Scenario 2:

You have a 2 month old tech blog, you have a links section where you have linked to various non-tech related sites. (4-5 is ok, I am talking about whole resources section) and you are getting many links from various non-tech related sites. Google will again not ban you but it will simply give less weight to those links and your site's position won't change.

Scenario 3:

You have a 2 month old tech blog, a clean site with good stuff. But you have got backlinks from various adult sites, med sites etc.. Google will again not ban you but it won't give importance to your site as well as to those links. (This will be alomsot same as Scenario 2)

Scenario 4:

You have a 2 month old tech blog, you play around with blackhat techniques, play with fake redirects, cloaking etc.. Now Google is pretty smart here and it will simply kick you out of the search engine. Now there might be few blackhat methods which might cheat google and get good ranking but these are not going to work for long time, some or other day Google will find it out and kick your site. (Or you have to be aware about Blackhat stuff and keep on roating the techniques)

I hope this clears up the basic of SE stuff. Also, Google is not some magical stuff. Google thinks like Human, so we need to think like Google not like any bot :)

Regards,
Deep

narangz

Web developer
^^ WOW! Nice post! BTW- Congrats for iPod Touch ;)

Google Analytics is also having some problems & they will cover up most of the visits soon.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
That was really good post...deep...
Actually i dont link to any of med sites....
But my site is actually regarding hacks...but i see many good sites having the same article..,
But good thing is i am now doing 700+ yesterday..,
Hope it goes up from now...

iinfi

mekalodu
i dont have much knowledge abt this ... it cud be IPL ..... if you have visitors frm cricket playing nations ....

@Deep: nice to see you around after such a long time...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
google analytics has this:

System Message: Analytics Processing Delay from April 30th to May 5th

Google Analytics experienced a data processing error from April 30th to May 5th. Almost all of the data has been recovered and is currently being reprocessed. The recovered data will be reflected in your reports within a few days. Please note that a small percentage of data, particularly in the area of e-commerce reporting, was not recoverable from those dates.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya... thats right..

if u just search... u can find that on MAY 9, 08 many lost traffic /take for example...

*i31.tinypic.com/2872clx.jpg

as u can see... mine was doing 1000 a day prev month.. but after may 9 , 08... its all dark for my world...

now just picking up..

but all the keywords which used to point to my site... are gone...

i don't know how to retrieve it back..

more bad news is .. those keywords are now pointing to websites which are old for example 2005. 2006 articles....

very pathetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom