Sudden drop in traffic to my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
don't worry every season is not the same

pay attention on quality too, if u r the genuine owner of an article, its mor likely that u will get persistent traffic for that one.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
actuaaly mine is regarding tips /tricks / software advice / review....

i dont knwo wht to do...

i mainly popularise mine by social bookmarking..
if i stop posting artilces.. traffic comes to halt.. prev it was not the case..

how to know google has got of my site.. i mean.. like links.. keywords.. etc..??

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya.. checked it.. but i want third party site to tell me what my site actually is.. i dont want to fully depend upon Google..here after...

i wan diversify on other search engines also...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya.. using it too..
one question..

if google has updated its algorithm or lost its database.. how cana 2 year old site or article come up front.. ??/

Pathik

Google Bot
^ The chances of Google losing it's DB are tooooooo low. In case of a algorithm change, that may happen.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
yes ... but why old articles coming up on first page when my articles are latest ones ??

or say mine were on the first page.. now pushed back to 5-6th page...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^
I have made an observation many times: When your content is just posted, it tends to be ranked higher, but as time passes, it loses its ranking.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah now even my wordpress blog is coming at the top when i search for my site name

and my site comes at 5th-6th place

What I did was just posted a link in each post of my wordpress blog to the corresponding ones in my site. Is thats what caused this. I hav stopped writing in my wordpress blog now.

Its happenin in yahoo too :(

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^
I have made an observation many times: When your content is just posted, it tends to be ranked higher, but as time passes, it loses its ranking.

actually speaking .. after may 9 08 my blog jumped to PageRank 1.... ????

^^yeah now even my wordpress blog is coming at the top when i search for my site name

and my site comes at 5th-6th place

What I did was just posted a link in each post of my wordpress blog to the corresponding ones in my site. Is thats what caused this. I hav stopped writing in my wordpress blog now.

Its happenin in yahoo too :(

I dont get u ...

blackpearl

The Devil
^

Yup! that always happens. New contents are given a temporary SERP boost. If you are able to gain backlinks for your new content quickly, the rank stays. Other wise it drops as newer contents or contents with more backlinks come up.

To get high SERP ranking you need backlinks apart from contents.
There is joke for it:

Once a thief broke into Google's safe where the secrets to gain high ranking are stored. After breaking through numerous doors and locks he finally suceeds in opening the safe. Inside there was a piece of paper with only one line -"Get more backlinks"

Edit: another factor is whether visitors are clicking your link in the SERP page. For eg, say your site is at No 1 for a certain keyword. But more people are clicking No2 result than the No1. Then after sometime, your site will be dropped to No2 or even lower depending upon how other sites are faring and the No2 site will be promoted to No1.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Google Analytical Team said:
Answers

1) What happened?

Google Analytics experienced a data processing error from April 30 to May 5. Almost all of the data has been recovered and is currently being reprocessed. The recovered data will be reflected in your reports by May 14. Please note that a small percentage of data, particularly in the area of e-commerce reporting, was not recoverable from those dates.
We take this issue seriously and apologize for any inconvenience. We will do everything possible to prevent such disruptions from occurring in the future.

2) How does this affect me?

Most Analytics accounts were affected by the reporting error. Your data will be restored this week, and we've recovered the majority, though not all of it. A very small percentage of data, particularly relating to e-commerce transactions that occurred between April 30 and May 5, is not recoverable.

3) I don't use e-commerce. Does this affect me?

Analytics users who don't have e-commerce enabled may have seen a slight dip in traffic only between the dates April 30 to May 5. The data is being reprocessed and will be reflected in reports by May 14. Please note that a small percentage of data, particularly in the area of e-commerce reporting, may not be recoverable from those dates.

4) I do use e-commerce. How am I affected?

Analytics users who do use e-commerce would have noticed a decline in e-commerce transactions being reported starting from April 30 to May 5. The data is being reprocessed and will be reflected in reports by May 14. E-commerce transactions were affected more heavily than other metrics, and a small percentage of e-commerce data from those dates may not be recoverable. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

5) Is my AdWords data accurate?

Yes. AdWords data was not affected. However, ROI calculations within Analytics reporting may be slightly off from April 30 to May 5 due to missing e-commerce transactional data. This does not affect AdWords impression, clicks, billing or other AdWords data.

*i31.tinypic.com/2872clx.jpg

Is it now ok ??? or my keywords lost forever ???

*i27.tinypic.com/25a0ktj.jpg

This i got from benchmarking tool used to find the trned in all websites... ( avg )
as u can see they told they had prob in apr 30 - may 5 ... and it does show a deep dip for all sites in that period... after that it climbed... but mine started to ssink late..///

weird

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom